Condolences & Memories

My Blood Is Blue

• 4 months later...

I think I can see Ossie, Marvin Hinton, Alan Birchenall(?), Peter Bonetti, Keith Weller(?), John Boyle(?), Eddie Mac, Ian Hutchinson,  David Webb, John Hollins, ????, Peter Houseman, Paddy Mulligan(?). I would say it has to be 1970 because Weller only joined around then .

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

I think I can see Ossie, Marvin Hinton, Alan Birchenall(?), Peter Bonetti, Keith Weller(?), John Boyle(?), Eddie Mac, Ian Hutchinson,  David Webb, John Hollins, ????, Peter Houseman, Paddy Mulligan(?). I would say it has to be 1970 because Weller only joined around then .

I'd guess 1969/70 squad with a few absentees - I think Paddy Mulligan might be present in the photo. No 'Chopper', Hudson, can't recognise Stuart Houston there, Bobby Tambling.

You're right. Charlie Cooke is next to Peter Houseman. I wondered if Keith Weller was the face below Peter Bonetti, but now I think it might be Tommy Baldwin or even Stewart Houston.

Just now, Sciatika said:

You're right. Charlie Cooke is next to Peter Houseman. I wondered if Keith Weller was the face below Peter Bonetti, but now I think it might be Tommy Baldwin or even Stewart Houston.

I initially thought John Boyle but not certain .

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Tommy Baldwin.

Posted (edited)

Bit late due to time difference but pretty much got it right,,,but so young and look like a good Sunday side on Easter Tour unlike the modern lot with fashion kit coiffured hair and tattoos every where!

And yep Paddy Mulligan at the end.

So many gone now but still "Forever Young" in my memory at least.

Edited by chara

2 hours ago, Sciatika said:

Pretty sure it's The Sponge 

36 minutes ago, Ham said:

All a bit before my time, I'm quite pleased to say  🙂

32 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I know my Chelsea history!!! 💙

Sigh...like yesterday for me,,,I don't live in the past but watching Ossie glide through a game and Charlie C bedazzle was something....(THAT goal between them at OT) and have distinct great moments still in the memory bank of nearly all of that group...Hutch and his huge heart,,Tommy B Johnny Boyle with consistent effort and work rate,,,class of my hero and Eddie Mac a shoo in at LB now and only surpassed by Ash over so many years. Behind the goal at Wembley as Houseman's shot dribbles over the line,,,Hollins perpetual motion..Hinton all cool and early Sir P.... who have I missed?...Paddy M a tenacious full back,and the Birch always a lightness of spirit and well liked.

• Like 1
  • Love 1