Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

My Blood Is Blue

1 hour ago, Ham said:

Amazes me that the club didn't always have a strategy of playing the same system throughout all ages groups but they didn't.

Insane.

It’s not though. It would be insanity to mould every youth player into one fixed system. Firstly you don’t maximise the players potential by doing that and secondly you need tactical flexibility. So… No, I don’t think it’s insane to not be doing that. Quite the opposite in fact. 

13 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

I think you’re giving them way too much credit. Personally I feel 100% certain they think they’ve found some sort of loophole by stock-piling these youngsters. Thinking they can take the PE blueprint and apply it to footballers. 

For obvious reasons that won’t work. 

Well Dave as I said previously , they have no interest in what you , I or anyone on here thinks , so let's see what pans out eh? 

22 minutes ago, Bison said:

Pedro Neto eh. The Mudryk nightmare is finally over then. Thank **** for that. 

I heard he's coming as back-up to Super Misha 

🫴🏻💣💥

21 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

It’s not though. It would be insanity to mould every youth player into one fixed system. Firstly you don’t maximise the players potential by doing that and secondly you need tactical flexibility. So… No, I don’t think it’s insane to not be doing that. Quite the opposite in fact. 

Their basic go-to formation during matches should be the same at all levels, taking into account opposition.  So maybe three core set-ups.  

3 hours ago, Bigpokey24 said:

at least some quality . Pedro is miles ahead of Mudryk 

Isn’t Neto primarily a RW? Maybe this mean that Mudryk is out, but out after Palmer moving more centrally and Neto moving into RW together with Madueke? 

Like so;

CM: Enzo/Caicedo/Lavia/Dewsbury-Hall/Ugochukwu

LW: Nkunku/Sterling

CAM: Palmer/Chukwuemeke

RW: Neto/Madueke

S: Jackson/Omorodion/Guiu

2 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Isn’t Neto primarily a RW? Maybe this mean that Mudryk is out, but out after Palmer moving more centrally and Neto moving into RW together with Madueke? 

Like so;

CM: Enzo/Caicedo/Lavia/Dewsbury-Hall/Ugochukwu

LW: Nkunku/Sterling

CAM: Palmer/Chukwuemeke

RW: Neto/Madueke

S: Jackson/Omorodion/Guiu

I feel like Nkunku would be wasted on the left. I think him, Palmer and Chukwuemeka are the CAM options. 

11 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

I feel like Nkunku would be wasted on the left. I think him, Palmer and Chukwuemeka are the CAM options. 

I feels wrong to not have Palmer and Nkunku in the same XI. 

Edit: 

I reckon the best XI at this point in time is:

GK: Joergensen / Sanchez

RB: James / Gusto

CB: Disasi / Adarabioyo

CB: Colwill / Badiashile

LB: Cucurella / ? Chilwell can’t play LCB or inverted LB

CM: Lavia / Enzo

CM: Caicedo / Dewsbury-Hall

RW: Palmer/Madueke

AM: Nkunku/Chukwuemeka

LW: Sterling/Mudryk

S: Jackson/Guiu

But there is no way any manager can get away with benching Enzo. So most likely he will play instead of Lavia in that XI. It’s also a tight race between Disasi and Adarabioyo. Fofana was always, his injuries notwithstanding, a ridiculous purchase. So overrated it’s unreal - even before his injuries. 

Edited by Sleeping Dave

7 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

I feels wrong to not have Palmer and Nkunku in the same XI. 

Agreed, which for me means Palmer on the right with Madueke as backup. Sterling is then the best option on the left, unless Pedro Neto is being signed to play there. Getting rid of Mudryk won't be easy...

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Positives and negatives to the approach. The negatives you’ve described are valid IMO, however the potential positives, which is why I imagine the club are going in this direction, are that if you get it right, those players at youth level that are good enough can have much more chance of moving up to the senior team and adapting to things quickly and being able to perform in a system they understand. Foden, Rico Lewis and Oscar Bobb are good examples at Man City and Yamal and Gavi are great examples at Barcelona.

I’m not a fan of them ripping up a blueprint of a very successful academy, it really does baffle me, however, I do understand why they are trying to do what they are doing. What makes it hard for us as fans is that it’s not a quick thing to get set up and even longer before we see results.

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Positives and negatives to the approach. The negatives you’ve described are valid IMO, however the potential positives, which is why I imagine the club are going in this direction, are that if you get it right, those players at youth level that are good enough can have much more chance of moving up to the senior team and adapting to things quickly and being able to perform in a system they understand. Foden, Rico Lewis and Oscar Bobb are good examples at Man City and Yamal and Gavi are great examples at Barcelona.

I’m not a fan of them ripping up a blueprint of a very successful academy, it really does baffle me, however, I do understand why they are trying to do what they need to do. What makes it hard for us as fans is that it’s not a quick thing to get set up and even longer before we see results.

And some of us haven't got that long 😆

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RDCW said:

And some of us haven't got that long 😆

Ain't THAT the truth!

It's sobering thought that with all the optimism in the World the likelihood of me seeing Cole retire is highly unlikely!

Seize The Day as ever,

13 minutes ago, chara said:

Ain't THAT the truth!

It's sobering thought that with all the optimism in the World the likelihood of me seeing Cole retire is highly unlikely!

Seize The Day as ever,

Quite. 

• 1 month later...