Tottenham Hotspur 2 Chelsea 0

JaneB

39 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Todd the curse is there I see. 

Can't someone kindly ask him to stay away? 

If I'd put the amount of money into the club I'd be kind of curious to see what was being done with it. Welcome to football Todd, welcome to the Premier League and especially welcome to Chelsea FC. You've only seen this for 6 months. Pity the rest of us who have been here for years, through the ups, the downs, the stratospheric ups and now this shit. Money doesn't buy success unfortunately.

27 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Fancy starting with Ziyech, Havertz and Loftus Cheek. Potter is such a clown. 

I said this before kickoff. You have to assume no-one else was producing anything in training?

24 minutes ago, bertles86 said:

Mount and Havertz under Lamps and Potter are bang average. Under Tuchel, they're the best thing since sliced bread.

I'm not sure I'm aware of Havertz ever being akin to sliced bread to be honest

24 minutes ago, Ham said:

This lot are ruining every weekend for me. 

At least you didn't have to watch Wales being stuffed by England. Think yourself lucky

My son said after the Southampton game "we will win against Tottenham" I said " no we cannot score goals, if you don't score, you don't win". Football is as simple as that, you don't score you don't win. Our defence is not bad, yes I know we let in two today, but if you don't score, you put your defence under pressure. Potter's a good manager at a club like Brighton, at Chelsea he is showing his failings. I hoped that he would grow into the job, unfortunately that hope is not happening. We are now in a relegation fight because I just cannot see us scoring. I'm now going for a Brandy.

After the first goal I took the dogs out for a walk knowing that was it for the day. I honestly can't remember the last time we won a game of football. I can vaguely remember a Felix goal but couldn't tell you how long ago that was and haven't got a clue who scored our previous goal. I'm being honest here, I can't imagine one other team in this league that I would be confident of beating under any circumstances.

I'm not in the Potter out club as I'm not entirely sure what any manager could do with the bunch of players we have beyond a new manager bounce. I'm prepared to accept however that GP is probably not the man for this job but how we move on I'm not too sure. Maybe a Lampard/Terry team could beat some pride into the squad short term but I doubt this would translate to long term success.

Anyway, who's next? Leeds? Bamford to score the winner I'd say.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Trini_Blue said:

It's hard giving up the season. Dortmund are right there to be beaten. 

This group is a really good group of players. 

I would have loved to say let's stick with Potter until the preseason but we need to see something.. anything. Inconsistent form would have been enough but at least some form!

Deluded. We are 100% going out to Dortmund!

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, ROTG said:

14 games to get 14 pts for PL safety. 

On current form, 0.8 points a game over the last 15 or 30 points a season we will end up with 42 so just about stay up, if we are lucky. The worry is that our ppg is dropping fast and we are running out of games.

Make no mistake we are in a relegation fight and fighting for survival in the premier League.

Thank God for the 10 points we got under Tuchel, without those we would be in serious threat of going down, we should just about be ok because of them.

Not gonna comment on the game other than what a fucking shocking line up it was to start with. 

Loftus Cheek, Ziyech, Havertz, should not be anywhere near the starting line up and I'm sure Mason would probably agree. Shame he will be off whilst Graham hangs on waiting for the inevitable.

Edited by martin1905

Graham Potter on one goal in six games for #Chelsea:

"It's a combination of a few things, it's not easy to answer. We've had chances but we've not scored them. Today wasn't a case of that. It was a tight game, the first goal is always going to be important.

There is an element of players coming back from injury, getting them up to speed. As a team, we're not there in terms of how we want to look and how we want to function."

Honestly, at this point he needs to stop with the injury excuse. It doesn’t fly anymore.