Tottenham Hotspur 2 Chelsea 0

JaneB

1 minute ago, Max Fowler said:

I thought Potter looked defeated post-match, or just me? Seems like it's nearing the end..

Incredibly, I really don’t think it is. If a defeat to bottom of the league Southampton isn’t enough for him to lose his job, then why would an away defeat to 4th placed Spurs? I just don’t think the owners are going to pull the trigger before the end of the season.

It was such a huge call to sack Tuchel and replace him with Potter that it makes you look like you don’t know what you’re doing if results don’t go to plan. So you have to come up with reasons/excuses for why Potter is still the man for the job. Even if it’s staring you right in the face that the bloke is taking the club nowhere. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

It was such a huge call to sack Tuchel and replace him with Potter that it makes you look like you don’t know what you’re doing if results don’t go to plan. So you have to come up with reasons/excuses for why Potter is still the man for the job. Even if it’s staring you right in the face that the bloke is taking the club nowhere. 

If it had worked out, they’d have been lauded as these great new owners. Football is fickle.

They are now though trying too hard to prove themselves right. I’ve never seen a club go backwards so sharply as quickly as this.

• Like 1

I have tried so much to justify Potter staying because of what we all know were extenuating circumstances, but I have come to the end of the road trying to do that.

It started with his team selection today and as was proved nothing changed, in fact it really got worse and then to bring on Mudryk  and Auba at 2-0 down is criminal.

I just can't forgive this, we cannot keep doing the same thing over and over again and then not recognize that Potter is proving day by day he cannot coach at this level.

My only dilemma in sacking him now is that I don't or haven't a clue who would be willing to take this on with 14 games left. What is clear however is that this current form is dangerous and I hope someone has explained the dangers of relegation to TB and co.

Never have I ever felt this sense of complete disinterest in our ability to drag ourselves back into something that resembles a Chelsea team who never give up and fight to the end, this set of players have made it clear Potter is our of his depth.

For me the frustration is that we’re not seeing any improvement in our performances. We’re ok in patches, even good sometimes but there appears to be no desire to go out and take the match by the scruff of the neck and actually win a game. I remember a while back we used to be better after going a goal down, when that happens now we know it’s all over as we just completely lack the ability to score or even the drive to try. We really needed to beat Southampton to give the players and fans a boost but we managed to fail that task too. 
Not sure where we go from here as we are now only 9 points off the relegation places (without the 10 points under Tuchel we’d actually be in them) and like many have said I really can’t see us beating anyone right now. 
Tough weeks ahead I fear.

24 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

I thought Potter looked defeated post-match, or just me? Seems like it's nearing the end..

You said that after the Soton game.He has a degree in 'emotional intelligence'.You would  think that would help him in his hour of need - apart from the 12 million in his back pocket...boo hoo.

I'm no longer on the fence he needs to go and go now or else we will seriously start questioning Boehly(if we already haven't).

17 minutes ago, Phoenix Blue said:

I have tried so much to justify Potter staying because of what we all know were extenuating circumstances, but I have come to the end of the road trying to do that.

It started with his team selection today and as was proved nothing changed, in fact it really got worse and then to bring on Mudryk  and Auba at 2-0 down is criminal.

I just can't forgive this, we cannot keep doing the same thing over and over again and then not recognize that Potter is proving day by day he cannot coach at this level.

My only dilemma in sacking him now is that I don't or haven't a clue who would be willing to take this on with 14 games left. What is clear however is that this current form is dangerous and I hope someone has explained the dangers of relegation to TB and co.

Never have I ever felt this sense of complete disinterest in our ability to drag ourselves back into something that resembles a Chelsea team who never give up and fight to the end, this set of players have made it clear Potter is our of his depth.

Tbf the subs were due at 1-0 down

need 14 points quick has to start at home to Leeds (they did already beat us 3-0) revenge and a start 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Chelsea pass map, wtf are we trying to do? 20230226_170052.thumb.jpg.f001748890d8ffaba1c67ac96901efa2.jpg

Well, that's pretty much what we're seeing now. Reece is really restricted, Raheem saw a lot of the ball, Enzo was easily our most likely to create an opening...

Really strange patterns of play. I was highly critical of Tuchel's focus on getting the ball out to Reece James for every attack but, I've got to say that Potter's on the next end of the spectrum. 

I don't think Tottenham were great today. We just couldn't work out a way to attack them.

12 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Chelsea pass map, wtf are we trying to do? 20230226_170052.thumb.jpg.f001748890d8ffaba1c67ac96901efa2.jpg

Horrible, just horrible. Reminds me when I was a schoolboy and I should write an essay, but forgot to write a disposition= no plan whatsoever. It ended in nothing.

Edited by asvaberg

31 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Potter has to go. It was ridiculous to give an untried manager such a long term contract. Boehly has to take the hit. This isn’t rebuilding. This is the house sinking into a deep hole in the ground. 

The problem we now have is that this season was the season to lay the foundations for a rebuild, those foundations are currently being decimated before they’ve even been out down. Harm is now being done and the longer the owners let this go on, the harder it will be for the next man to start building.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, asvaberg said:

2-0 now. But a decent keeper would have saved both attempts 🙂 🙂

Woe is me.I've nothing against United as a club but I loathe their supporters where I live.

Glad I didn't go to the pub for 'super sunday' or I may well not have got out alive.

45 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Could Emma Hayes manage two teams please? 🙏🏻

I know people won't like it, but she is twice (if not more) the tactician and motivator Potter is. It is an actual embarrassment that our women's team, with their considerably lower resource, have a better coach than the men's. You only have to watch the two teams and follow the movement, runs and set pieces to see this very simple truth.

• Like 1

Just now, Holymoly said:

We've lost our identity. There's no one left at the club that knows what it is to be Chelsea. The current individuals have no right to associate themselves with previous league success. Go earn your own history you're an embarrassment.

I think this is it.

I’ve said it a few times that I don’t really have any connection to the players of recent years to care as much as I used to unfortunately.

And the players in turn bar the academy lads don’t have any affiliation to the team. Just a job for them at the end of the day.