Tottenham Hotspur 2 Chelsea 0

JaneB

1 hour ago, Original 21 said:

It was such a huge call to sack Tuchel and replace him with Potter that it makes you look like you don’t know what you’re doing if results don’t go to plan. So you have to come up with reasons/excuses for why Potter is still the man for the job. Even if it’s staring you right in the face that the bloke is taking the club nowhere. 

Nowhere?...you are too kind...nowhere would be a relief but with the form as it is it is obvious where we could be going and at a good lick.

The relegation fodder sides are battling every game...no change soon and we will have lambs entering a war zone.

Agree with the whole post.

Well having walked 2 miles to the ground, thanks to TFL f*****g the whole of the area and walked the lovely stroll that’s 2 miles to Tottenham Hale back after the game, it’s fair to say I’m pretty cheesed-off.

Those players at the end were empty. They looked like they knew that they never had a chance of winning the game. Mount looked almost in tears when he came over to the fans at the end.

The opposition outthought us, they pressed more, they had people in the right places (remember DWMH!) and were nastier than us. They had a method drilled into them, something that we clearly didn’t. One save Forster had to make all game and a five at Havertz feet.

Potter is dragging the players to a place where some might not recover, he’s gotta go and quickly.

• Agree 1

On the "Old Forum" I passed a comment about my gut feeling that GP was not a good fit, before the wheels truly started to come off.

Someone commented that sometimes you just have to go with that gut feeling.

I read week after week sensible well thought out and voiced reasons for me to doubt my gut feeling, enough for me to doubt myself.

I doubted myself but that gut feeling never went away.

We are now in a disaster zone in football terms...looking at the remaining fixtures I see no glimmer of hope for more than a smattering of points...just enough to keep us afloat but even that hope is an uneasy one.

Where do Chelsea go from here?

5 minutes ago, east lower said:

Well having walked 2 miles to the ground, thanks to TFL f*****g the whole of the area and walked the lovely stroll that’s 2 miles to Tottenham Hale back after the game, it’s fair to say I’m pretty cheesed-off.

Those players at the end were empty. They looked like they knew that they never had a chance of winning the game. Mount looked almost in tears when he came over to the fans at the end.

The opposition outthought us, they pressed more, they had people in the right places (remember DWMH!) and were nastier than us. They had a method drilled into them, something that we clearly didn’t. One save Forster had to make all game and a five at Havertz feet.

Potter is dragging the players to a place where some might not recover, he’s gotta go and quickly.

What was the mood at the game? Is there a true Chelsea fan anywhere who can find this situation acceptable or has any patience left?

There wasn’t one who thinks that GP should stay, all of those who said something, said he needs to go.

Atmosphere was bullish at the start and for 25 or so minutes. As soon as we saw the same routine emerging, it diminished. At 1-0 most knew it was over, there were a few ‘Potter Out’ chants but by that time 80 minutes or so, a third of the fans had left the building.

• Angry 1

14 minutes ago, east lower said:

We know what the short term answer is, biggest issue is - does our owner?

I can only assume that there is some sort of break clause in his contract at the end of the season, which I do not think is that far fetched judging by the sort of contracts we have given the new players, which seem to be heavily performance based so it stands to reason the managers would be similar.

If the choice is sack him now and pay him a fortune or wait until the summer and get rid of him for free or if nothing else a lot less then I could see why they would wait. 

It's the only thing that makes any sense.

14 minutes ago, east lower said:

And if he/they don’t, then it’s time for them to be left in no doubt!

And no doubt we will do what needs to be done. I'm not one for booing our own, I don't agree with it one bit, but don't see any other choice. 

I won't be booing Potter, as such, more the situation but I can guarantee the next home game is going to be messy and no doubt the fans will make their opinion perfectly clear.

15 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

I can only assume that there is some sort of break clause in his contract at the end of the season, which I do not think is that far fetched judging by the sort of contracts we have given the new players, which seem to be heavily performance based so it stands to reason the managers would be similar.

If the choice is sack him now and pay him a fortune or wait until the summer and get rid of him for free or if nothing else a lot less then I could see why they would wait. 

It's the only thing that makes any sense.

And no doubt we will do what needs to be done. I'm not one for booing our own, I don't agree with it one bit, but don't see any other choice. 

I won't be booing Potter, as such, more the situation but I can guarantee the next home game is going to be messy and no doubt the fans will make their opinion perfectly clear.

Maybe there is a commercial constriction that’s influenced the owners thinking and timing. 

There’s nothing else left that’s logical for keeping him on.

I also do not boo, perhaps one of the large mural type banners might get the message home, even the old TT one would signal the fans think the owners have royally messed it up, as for me they’ve done if for just the reason that they wanted shot of anything that had the former owners name on it/or was his appointment.

Edited by east lower
  • Like 1

Potter looks like a beaten man, doesn’t he? It’s like he knows the job is too big for him. I can only assume he’s hanging on for his payout and the Board can’t sack him because there’s a release clause like Martin1905 says. Whether it’s linked to not getting into the Champions League next year or whether it’s for a time limit, no one seems to know.

In the meantime we’re stuck with a manager who is dragging the club down and a Board that is reluctant to sack him because they gave Potter a whopping contract and have been praying for some sign that things were going to improve. So for now everyone is having to pretend that Potter is really Mikel Arteta in disguise. 

17 minutes ago, east lower said:

Maybe there is a commercial constriction that’s influenced the owners thinking and timing. 

There’s nothing else left that’s logical for keeping him on.

I also do not boo, perhaps one of the large mural type banners might get the message home, even the old TT one would signal the fans think the owners have royally messed it up, as for me they’ve done if for just the reason that they wanted shot of anything that had the former owners name on it/or was his appointment.

Interesting theory in regard to Roman’s ownership.

Their large broom has left us in the do do!

33 minutes ago, Phoenix Blue said:

I have read there is a petition going around asking for Potter to be fired or resign, last time I saw this there were 8000 plus signatures already listed?

I don't where this petition is or even if it exists to be honest, it was posted on Twitter but no link to it at all.

https://www.change.org/p/graham-potter-to-be-sacked?recruiter=1296486418&recruited_by_id=cc0e8160-b5ee-11ed-b3a7-79e673d15ce4&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=petition_dashboard

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Super Kenny Monkou said:

Interesting theory in regard to Roman’s ownership.

Their large broom has left us in the do do!

If you’ve ever had an American management consultant company ‘in’ to analyse a business you’ve been near to, the we’re right, you’re wrong is exactly what most of them do. As well as ‘show them who’s the boss and who’s not. 

Roman oversaw years of continuous success, they come in and change the lot and have caused chaos.

2 minutes ago, east lower said:

If you’ve ever had an American management consultant company ‘in’ to analyse a business you’ve been near to, the we’re right, you’re wrong is exactly what most of them do. As well as ‘show them who’s the boss and who’s not. 

Roman oversaw years of continuous success, they come in and change the lot and have caused chaos.

And had the cheek to repeatedly say things before them were badly run.

Edited by thevelourfog
  • Like 1