Tottenham Hotspur 2 Chelsea 0

JaneB

Ziyech red looked very harsh. Saying that, could easily have been given. Potter should maybe replace him at half time. Sterling has looked very lively, Felix subdued. And Loftus Cheek not involved at all. Still don’t see where a goal is going to come from unless it’s from a set piece. 

Referee in danger of overseeing a bloodbath in the second half. As I have said all week we are negating the benefit of the two best WBs in the country by playing 4 at the back. Sterling actually having a go for a change however he has this irritating habit of standing still and waving his hands for other players to show rather than doing it himself.

We need to be getting Enzo more involved closer to goal, he's far too deep to really make any sort of significant impact besides just general ball movement. Instead we're seeing Joao Felix dropping super deep to collect the ball himself and he needs to be playing closer to Havertz higher up the pitch. 

Would also like to see Mudryk come on at HT for Ziyech. We need someone else out there outside of Sterling that can stretch play, be direct and attack the space. 

Edited by xceleryx

We don't appear to have any attacking strategy whatever. We play Kabaddi, getting the ball into a zone and keeping it there with no sense of where the goal is, or even that there is a goal. I can't see where a goal is coming from.

Notwithstanding the red card incident I can't really understand the persistent selection of Ziyech. How can he go from being 99% out of the door to apparent first name on the team sheet, especially in the light of underwhelming performances?

I think the ref and lino did a VAR hack to enable him to give Ziyech a yellow card. If they had already booked him on pitch, I don't think they go through those motions. But because they hadn't initially, they decided to give the red card, knowing they could edit it to a yellow card after VAR. I mean it's stupid and is another example of the incompetence of refereeing here.

But it's hilarious in that it rubs salt in the Spurs wounds, thinking they had us down to 10 men haha. 

Also we should have had a penalty in the opening minutes for that Sterling trip. 

1 minute ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Also we should have had a penalty in the opening minutes for that Sterling trip. 

Not for me, was nothing in it really. I'd be fuming if we got done for something like that. 

Edited by xceleryx

"Pieces of eight"  "pieces of eight" the midfield is crap "pieces of eight".

Sorry about that but I find my parroting the same thing match after match.Is RLC playing?.They are running through us in midfield.

We played decent first 20 minutes and then went into decline.Need to change things quickly if we don't improve.

1 minute ago, Ham said:

I thought we played well for large parts of that half. 

I agree. Not sure what I'm reading in the thread. 

IMO we look the far better side. Spurs are occasionally getting in some dangerous areas but, overall, we look the better side. 

Looks like a 4-3-3 with the ball and 3-4-3 without the ball and Ziyech drops deep to become a RWB.