Chelsea owners and board

Max Fowler

Ownership buyout  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you want to have full ownership of the club?

• Eghbali and Clearlake
    • Todd Boehly
    • Mark Walter
    • Hansjörg Wyss

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/24 at 18:00

On 23/03/2024 at 14:11, Ham said:

A pointless salad item/garnish.  I just don't get it. 

no different to a butterhead lettuce, except the weed has flavour

On 22/03/2024 at 18:45, Miguelito07 said:

Do you think he would do well at Chelsea next season or go on another loan?

Gosh, it is so hard to answer that just because I feel like we still don't really know what half of the Chelsea squad are or what level they are actually at. I think a loan suits both his development and Chelsea whilst they figure out what to do with Mudryk, Madueke, Chukwuemeka etc.

I think he would benefit from another loan but you just hope it is the right loan, you know? Obviously the expectation will be that the next one would be in the Premier League and I don't think there's much to be gained by parking him with some clogger manager and a team that just parks everyone behind the ball for 90 minutes. He has astounded me with how much his work off the ball has improved in less than a season and he isn't afraid to get stuck in. So much so, that he's trusted to play as a 10 as often as he does out wide now. So no concerns there. His finishing and decision making has come on leaps and bounds too. He's a real player - everyone is saying he's the best loan singing in Ipswich history alongside Giovani Dos Santos which is high praise.

My main concern is he isn't the biggest guy. He's very slight and I do think the extra athleticism could be a shock to the system when he steps up again. Other than that he just needs to keep adding to his experience and I think he could do without the pressure cooker of Chelsea at this stage. My gut says he won't be top 4 quality but if he keeps improving at this rate the sky is the limit.

Edited by FrankLampard8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ham said:

Said as much last week......

Wouldn't expect them to say anything else.

There was the punch and now that's the counterpunch.

Effectively the CST were critical of the club, who put the the Fan Advisory Board in place. So, the CST were having a pop at them also with that statement.

Something has motivated the CST to make that statement when they did, it would be interesting to know what that truly was.

This is weird. Mark Meehan is a member of the Fan Advisory Board (FAB) and currently chairs the CST board. Neil Beard is also a member of FAB and used to be vice-chair of CST. FAB also has another CST member, who also happens to be a CPO and STH. So, CST is involved in both the Fans Forum and FAB.

4 hours ago, Ham said:

Yea, but the fan advisory board report to Boehly and co, they ‘represent’ us, but really they just toe the line, there’s a good reason that group was formed and it wasn’t to question the owners. 

Edited by Floyd25
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

This is weird. Mark Meehan is a member of the Fan Advisory Board (FAB) and currently chairs the CST board. Neil Beard is also a member of FAB and used to be vice-chair of CST. FAB also has another CST member, who also happens to be a CPO and STH. So, CST is involved in both the Fans Forum and FAB.

Just sounds like a lot of infighting going on between the two of them and the rest of us have to put up with it. 

1 hour ago, Floyd25 said:

Just sounds like a lot of infighting going on between the two of them and the rest of us have to put up with it. 

Oh no it doesn't!

On 22/03/2024 at 15:47, chara said:

Not sure if this is the right platform for a question from me.

I left UK in 1987....even with time spent out of the country prior to then I was well in tune with the day to day economics of just living,as we all are.

From my early days of attending live games at SB and elsewhere there was never a time that I couldn't afford to attend games,,,from my first working days when 10 bob would get me to SB entrance and a programme to the later years there never was an issue even during the less than "easy" times.

I am .of course, not in tune with the UK "living" economics but looking at prices I wonder how many times I could afford to attend games..my question is how does the pricing compare to "home economics" now?

I appreciate that at the top levels it's no longer a case of just shove everyone on the terraces and let them sort themselves out (with little need to consider comfort) with a viable return for watching conditions,

Anyone?

I stopped going to games years ago on a point of principal when transfer fees and wages started to become ever more obscene for a lot of very average players.

I feel sorry for the average Joe with a couple of kids who love football but he can't take them to games on his wages of £400- 500 a week.

Probably the only football left with its heart and soul and traditional fanbase left intact is the non league stuff.😟

• Sad 1

On 22/03/2024 at 09:43, xceleryx said:

Interesting because winning when not playing well is generally lauded, now it is seen as merit to continue the pile on - despite on several occasions this season we've had our backs against the wall and come through better than many anticipated. 

We've been a glorified cup side for years and well before the current ownership group were here, so technically I suppose nothing has changed there.. As for comparing last season to this, they're entirely their own set of unique circumstances. Even the make up of the two squads is night and day different. To try and draw a comparison from the two is challenging to say the least. 

Not surprised you've missed it, you tend to disappear whenever a few positive things begin to happen. 😅

As you said though we see things differently, shall leave it at that. 

I'm amazed that so many  fans refuse to accept it's going to take time and patience to build a new and successful team.  Refuse to even acknowledge the clear improvement in our creativity and goal scoring. A problem which has plagued us for years has been dramaticly improved in less than one season, yet that's still not enough signs of progress. They're not encouraged by us not folding under pressure like we did everytime last season. Not encouraged by turning losses into draws and draws into wins. Better results and performances against the top teams.

Imho the fans are expecting and demanding far too much far too soon!

17 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

I'm amazed that so many  fans refuse to accept it's going to take time and patience to build a new and successful team.  Refuse to even acknowledge the clear improvement in our creativity and goal scoring. A problem which has plagued us for years has been dramaticly improved in less than one season, yet that's still not enough signs of progress. They're not encouraged by us not folding under pressure like we did everytime last season. Not encouraged by turning losses into draws and draws into wins. Better results and performances against the top teams.

Imho the fans are expecting and demanding far too much far too soon!

Good post but my impression generally on here is that it is accepted that time and patience is needed and the main question is The Poch and his ability ,or not, to build a succesful team.

I'm sure elsewhere many of the Faithful are in denial but here the bulk of discussion is usually, as I see it, in regard to match day issues,,,player performances etc and well rounded debate over a range of club related issues.

My bug bear and not just recently,,almost timeless..is the "Only beat" comment which is ying/yanged by the " Losing to that lot" type comment regarding the same level of opposition. Leicester Leeds etc victories somewhat devalued but defeat by either would have been considered unacceptable....regardless of the opposition they are trying and wanting to win and need to be defeated by effort,,,not birthright!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ham said:

Really played their part of stopping the removal of the away travel subsidy didn't they?

File the steaming, soppery emanating from this lot as "they would say that wouldn't they".

A bunch of supplicants given a guilded cage to sit in.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, patThenevin said:

Really played their part of stopping the removal of the away travel subsidy didn't they?

File the steaming, soppery emanating from this lot as "they would say that wouldn't they".

A bunch of supplicants given a guilded cage to sit in.

I always suspect self appointed "voices" .... There are views on here I disagree/agree  with (but respect) and would be very upset if a view I disagreed with was voiced as "the opinion" of this forum giving my apparent support of the view by default.

• Love 1
  • Agree 1

Amazing how many on here and on socials are claiming a "turnaround" in performances and results. We have Burnley and Sheff U in our next three games. We have to beat the teams in front of us, but most Chelsea fans are not so naive to think that anything has changed.

1 win our last 3 in the league. 2 wins in our last 5. 3 wins in our last 6. 3 wins in our last 7. 

However you draw the line of "recent games", we are absolutely on par with our mediocre form for the rest of the season. And I would love to hear which performance out of our PL games was the standout - admittedly, we have seen some individuals show progress though.

We were outplayed in large parts by two Championship teams. We have to beat the teams in front of us, but following Burnley and Sheff U many rightly expect our poor form to continue.

17 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I wouldn't be holding your breath Max it's in three years time lol.

I wonder what stage of the ‘process’ we will be in then?

@xceleryx will be telling us the tactical tweaks necessary to get us 7th!

@boratsbrother will be telling us to be patient, these things take time

Before the two aforementioned shoot me, I’m pulling your legs chaps, don’t take me too seriously 

@Mark Kelly and I will be still telling all and sundry either Flopettino or the next two coaches in are 💩 

@chara will be the voice of reason, sense and peacemaker

To equalise things I’ve done it to myself ed the woke box too.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Proud-Blue said:

I thought it was common knowledge that they were likely to rotate the chairmanship. I'm not sure how this was even news in the first place.

You're right. It was announced about 6 months ago. 

39 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Love it that the media just now seems to have found out about this while we all seemed to know about the agreement 2 years ago.

Usual OG whimsy smile....just like the media seems to have come to the conclusion J Grealish is not the next Great Coming for English football..a mere Mr J Grealish not SIR JG as lauded two years ago...about when I believe most of us knew about it!..(MYHO of course)...funny that.:classic_wink:

5 hours ago, east lower said:

I wonder what stage of the ‘process’ we will be in then?

@xceleryx will be telling us the tactical tweaks necessary to get us 7th!

@boratsbrother will be telling us to be patient, these things take time

Before the two aforementioned shoot me, I’m pulling your legs chaps, don’t take me too seriously 

@Mark Kelly and I will be still telling all and sundry either Flopettino or the next two coaches in are 💩 

@chara will be the voice of reason, sense and peacemaker

To equalise things I’ve done it to myself ed the woke box too.

7th would be progress and vindicate my necessary tweaks. 😅

• Haha 1