Chelsea owners and board

Max Fowler

Ownership buyout  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you want to have full ownership of the club?

• Eghbali and Clearlake
    • Todd Boehly
    • Mark Walter
    • Hansjörg Wyss

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/24 at 18:00

17 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

You're not wrong, Mark but I bet you're fun at parties! 🙂

I See Villa have signed a shirt sponsorship with a betting company who promotes their adds with scantily clad ladies .

Lets get the pitchforks out for Chelsea 

20 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I See Villa have signed a shirt sponsorship with a betting company who promotes their adds with scantily clad ladies .

Lets get the pitchforks out for Chelsea 

Ahh...can anyone post the Raquel Welch in the Chelsea kit pic just to wind them up?

Match that Villa!😁

4 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Reports saying we have acquired a stake in Strasbourg.

Interesting, and seems as though we are looking to replicate the multi-club model of City Group. 

£65m for an almost 100% stake according to The Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/jun/22/chelsea-agree-to-buy-majority-stake-in-strasbourg-to-launch-multi-club-project

44 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Press release regarding acquisition of Strasbourg

FzPmMueXwBIi8oG.jpg

Once again, everyone stated it would be done tomorrow but Ben Jacobs disagreed and said it would be announced within an hour.  It was. 

12 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

Do we really need to own a under-mediocre frog legs-club 🙂

French league produces some of the best players in the world at the moment. Rather than showing your ignorance and lack of respect, why not keep your "under mediocre" opinions to yourself?

5 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

French league produces some of the best players in the world at the moment. Rather than showing your ignorance and lack of respect, why not keep your "under mediocre" opinions to yourself?

Nobody needs to keep their opinions to themselves on here.  It’s a forum 🙂

• Like 1

Strasbourg,,,hmm... back in the day,,,and I mean well back!...I stopped there whilst hitching round Europe for a while.. at a time when that was possible and reasonably safe...dim memory but seem to have a "dull" sort of recollection of the place...probably unfair.

When this sort of acquisition becomes a norm for the bigger clubs then the loan system will become less relevant and no doubt bring down the wrath of G Neville esq and his ilk as well as p'ing off the EPL..so not a bad thing!

Closing another possibly overused Chelsea option only to see it bypassed?..delicious.

Sidenote Of course in Baseball over here Minor League clubs are affiliated with the Major League sides.

10 hours ago, Ham said:

Once again, everyone stated it would be done tomorrow but Ben Jacobs disagreed and said it would be announced within an hour.  It was. 

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. 

The one thing he seems to have a bit of luck with is the business side of things, I'll give him that. Transfer wise however, he piggybacks from the other more reliable options or swings from the fences and misses. 

7 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Didn't we get Le Boeuf from Strasbourg? 

Oh, quite. I'll have to reconsider my thoughts about the club then. Frank LB is one of my heroes 🙂 and I was at SB several times when he played (we sung "He's here, he's there, he's every f***ingwhere - Frank LB, Frank LB" - and he smiled and waived to us - priceless). 

@Bob Singleton sorry for my poor attempt at frenchmen-humor  

Edited by asvaberg

Reviewing transfermkt the club looks self sustainable, mainly operating around free transfers incoming and out going.

Money Transfers  biggest departure €15m euros, with the average €1.5m, Biggest expenditure €10m which seemed a one off, the the average €1.5m 

Not sure there is any real benefit to Chelsea more a club for the Clearlake portfolio 

9 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Reviewing transfermkt the club looks self sustainable, mainly operating around free transfers incoming and out going.

Money Transfers  biggest departure €15m euros, with the average €1.5m, Biggest expenditure €10m which seemed a one off, the the average €1.5m 

Not sure there is any real benefit to Chelsea more a club for the Clearlake portfolio 

We'll likely see ourselves sending a few players there on loans, or buying them through Strasbourg with a future view of them maybe developing into Chelsea players for the future. 

There'll certainly be some sporting upside to this.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. 

The one thing he seems to have a bit of luck with is the business side of things, I'll give him that. Transfer wise however, he piggybacks from the other more reliable options or swings from the fences and misses. 

I don't know what your issue is with Jacobs but you're wrong. 

He's very well connected at Chelsea. Even on transfers.

Ornstein, Romano and Jacobs are my go-to reporters. 

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

No chance of a surprise last minute £200m bid for Mason Mount, then? That's a shame.

46 minutes ago, Ham said:

I don't know what your issue is with Jacobs but you're wrong. 

He's very well connected at Chelsea. Even on transfers.

Ornstein, Romano and Jacobs are my go-to reporters. 

Well I'm not wrong as I demonstrated last time we had the discussion about him on the old forum. 

Either way, you appear to think he's worth his salt which is fine. I'll wait for the other heavy hitters, two of which you mentioned, that tend to actually break news opposed to just recycle what other say. 

13 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Well I'm not wrong as I demonstrated last time we had the discussion about him on the old forum. 

Either way, you appear to think he's worth his salt which is fine. I'll wait for the other heavy hitters, two of which you mentioned, that tend to actually break news opposed to just recycle what other say. 

TOCW is another good source of accurate information 

2 hours ago, ROTG said:

The key benefit, you are overlooking, is it a club we can "park" younger players.

So it wouldn't surprise me if the Ecuadorian lad we signed, turns 18 and goes there on loan. France, Italy, Spain are much more relaxed in terms of Work Permits for South American / African players.

Having, what is effectively a feeder club, allows you to control what happens to those players when on loan, rather than loaning to a club with no connection who may not pick the player as often, or in the position you would like. 

8 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

The key benefit, you are overlooking, is it a club we can "park" younger players.

So it wouldn't surprise me if the Ecuadorian lad we signed, turns 18 and goes there on loan. France, Italy, Spain are much more relaxed in terms of Work Permits for South American / African players.

Having, what is effectively a feeder club, allows you to control what happens to those players when on loan, rather than loaning to a club with no connection who may not pick the player as often, or in the position you would like. 

Don’t disagree on you idea, however would suggest that your idea os Strasberg is probably more for African continent players where there French is one of the more commonly spoken languages. 
Portugal / Spain is more likely the destination for players from South America, therefore I guess it’s only a matter of time before clearlake buys a Portugueses club. 

Edited by ROTG