Chelsea owners and board

Max Fowler

Ownership buyout  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you want to have full ownership of the club?

• Eghbali and Clearlake
    • Todd Boehly
    • Mark Walter
    • Hansjörg Wyss

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/24 at 18:00

15 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

So was Liverpools then seeing as they wanted two of them or Arsenal's seeing as they wanted Mudryk. 

I'm sure some of it was based on previous work they'd done but my point is it's not in isolation it's an ever diminishing pool of talent that everyone is looking at. 

Seeing as how Brighton are miles and miles above us in the league maybe we should continue the policy to get where we want to be. 

Personally, I look back on Mudryk and think we signed him when Arsenal were linked and getting every transfer right. Now, Arsenal have proved they don’t know what they are doing with sweet water Havertz and would have also failed with the Ukrainian gym rat.

27 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Personally, I look back on Mudryk and think we signed him when Arsenal were linked and getting every transfer right. Now, Arsenal have proved they don’t know what they are doing with sweet water Havertz and would have also failed with the Ukrainian gym rat.

Why don't we just have two threads.  One for what we thing the press are saying and one for what seems reasonable.
This obsession with mapping the real world to the media leaves us all vulnerable.

• 1 month later...

Don't really know where to post this.

I have no idea who these people are or what exactly they do, but some recent executive appointments:-

Director of Communications: Tom Roddy

Chief Operating Officer: Jason Gannon

Chief Financial Officer: Adriel Lares

Chief Revenue Officer: Casper Stylsvig

This looks like a classic US corporate framework, to me. All of these will probably report to the CEO, Chris Jurasek. I think the old organisation under RA was more like an SME with just a handful of major players. None of it will make much difference to the football side.

8 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

This looks like a classic US corporate framework, to me.

Yes.

Never heard of a CRO before but I'm pretty sure there will soon be a game called CRO 24 where the game is to maximise the value of multiple income streams.  It will at least keep those at the Investment conferences happy.

2 hours ago, Dwmh said:

Yes.

Never heard of a CRO before but I'm pretty sure there will soon be a game called CRO 24 where the game is to maximise the value of multiple income streams.  It will at least keep those at the Investment conferences happy.

CRO ?......"Wake up wake up Darlin' Corrie..why do you sleep so sound ?".....next line?...might answer your "Never heard!"

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, JaneB said:

Let me help you, Jane:

Director of Communications: writing blurb

Chief Operating Officer: arse-kicking

Chief Financial Officer:  bean counting

Chief Revenue Officer: turnstiles, program sales, bar sales, replica kit and Sky

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

Even now I find it so difficult to understand the seeming total lack of common sense that would appear to have been displayed by the new owners. We won the CL in 2021. The team needed a big refresh, but with CAREFUL and PRAGMATIC handling we could have maintained a reasonable standard while preparing to challenge at the top again. That seems a remote possibility now for at least 5 years. Todd ‘n’ Eggy were like a bull in a china shop when they should have been the opposite. That’s what frustrates me. The stupidity, because that’s what it was. 

• Agree 4

29 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Even now I find it so difficult to understand the seeming total lack of common sense that would appear to have been displayed by the new owners. We won the CL in 2021. The team needed a big refresh, but with CAREFUL and PRAGMATIC handling we could have maintained a reasonable standard while preparing to challenge at the top again. That seems a remote possibility now for at least 5 years. Todd ‘n’ Eggy were like a bull in a china shop when they should have been the opposite. That’s what frustrates me. The stupidity, because that’s what it was. 

The stupidity of the insular arrogant: "My world experience is definitive and has a universal application". 

It's the same insularity and institutional immaturity which leads the USA into disastrous social and geopolitical policy decisions, despite the wealth and intellectual capital at their disposal.

• Like 2

Just now, RDCW said:

The stupidity of the insular arrogant: "My world experience is definitive and has a universal application". 

It's the same insularity and institutional immaturity which leads the USA into disastrous social and geopolitical policy decisions, despite the wealth and intellectual capital at their disposal.

You could well be right, Richard. A penny for Todd’ n’Eggy’s thoughts right now. 

7 hours ago, RDCW said:

US is done.  That is what is so tragic about Chelsea going from being Russian to American just after the the world went Chinese.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I read somewhere that the decision was taken by the bloke who's just been given the heave ho himself and that because of that there's a chance he could go back.  I'm not holding my breath. 

I suppose as they cut the match program content by 50% so it now looks like a pamphlet, whilst raising the price of course, they need more space to fit in their Pravda content which runs alongside the social media content aimed at Gen Z brain washed numpties.

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I read somewhere that the decision was taken by the bloke who's just been given the heave ho himself and that because of that there's a chance he could go back.  I'm not holding my breath. 

Loved Pat’s column. And I loved watching him at Chelsea! Magnificent player - one of my all-time faves - and a great guy. 💙💙💙

• Agree 1