Chelsea owners and board

Max Fowler

Ownership buyout  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you want to have full ownership of the club?

• Eghbali and Clearlake
    • Todd Boehly
    • Mark Walter
    • Hansjörg Wyss

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/24 at 18:00

44 minutes ago, jasonb said:

With some luck regarding injuries we might make 8th or maybe 7th. Then the next season aim for the top 4.

This does presume you can recruit better players at least in some positions.

... not necessarily better players, just players with more PL experience (lots because Silva will play less at 40 if at all). 

Even then you are expecting to leap some 15 points a season, and I can see no evidence we can do that this season.  Slightly lucky to have 6 points in the last week but we are still on 25 points in half the games, and 50 points is no big improvement on last years 44.   It is Potter form.

1 hour ago, Bison said:

They finally got around to getting a sleeve sponsor. 

Oh dear.  It appears a bit more than that.  As Training kit sponsor for next 2 seasons they will replace Trivago and appear pretty much everywhere Trivago now appears i would guess.

Who are BingX?  Unregulated crypto traders and brokers of the kind that every money adviser will warn you against.
Remember FTX - held everyone's money as a custodian but was actually giving it away to a sister trading operation (run by the bosses girlfriend).
At least the betting companies are regulated, and you only lose if the bets lose.
If the PL can make reccommendations about owners they should certainly be able to block BingX.
Though apparently that Whalefin ad we had on the sleeves for 6 months ws a crypto trader too.

BingX?  A Crypto trader pretending it is connected to Microsoft perhaps?   At least the X was added in 2021.  previously they were known as BingBon.

BingBon - I kid you not.  

Bad choice by Chelsea.  Wonder if the FCA (Financial Conduct Authority) or the FA or PL will find a way to stop it.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

Oh dear... 

Considering we were burnt by WhaleFin pulling out after just a few months it seems bizarre they would go with another crypto company. I guess beggars can't be choosers. 

25 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

Oh dear.  It appears a bit more than that.  As Training kit sponsor for next 2 seasons they will replace Trivago and appear pretty much everywhere Trivago now appears i would guess.

Bad choice by Chelsea.  Wonder if the FCA (Financial Conduct Authority) or the FA or PL will find a way to stop it.

If they are replacing Trivago, that looks like a very poor show to me. Trivago stood firm during the Abramovic witch-hunt by HM Government and other politicians, when a good few others abdicated - ‘3’ being a prime example. Unfortunately this sort of lack of loyalty and respect is seeming to be the normal modus-operandi of the owners and doesn’t represent the values I hold. 

On the second paragraph…….let’s hope so and these rogues learn a lesson.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, east lower said:

If they are replacing Trivago, that looks like a very poor show to me. Trivago stood firm during the Abramovic witch-hunt by HM Government and other politicians, when a good few others abdicated - ‘3’ being a prime example. Unfortunately this sort of lack of loyalty and respect is seeming to be the normal modus-operandi of the owners and doesn’t represent the values I hold. 

On the second paragraph…….let’s hope so and these rogues learn a lesson.

Who's to say Trivago didn't decide to end the sponsorship?

4 minutes ago, Ham said:

Yes, Trivago seem to have had a huge advertising budget in recent years.  This contract is in its 4th year so no surprise if they have now decided to advertise using different channels.  And while we did not win the CL till their first season was over, we were at least  a CL entrant when they signed on.
But as @east lower says, it has been good for us that they have stayed on, just as it was good for them that their team won the CL in their first year.

• Like 1

I think the only time I have ever been all that conscious of the sleeve sponsor is when someone drew my attention to Arsenal's, and when I found out that Paul Kagame is an Arsenal fan, I lost interest.

32 minutes ago, Ham said:

They may have, or they might have been hoofed out via some sort of bidding process. No one seemed to know the actual length of their deal but it was rumoured to be valued at £10m per year. 

It was Trivago who seemed to confirm the new owners were in place in 2022. 

They’d get first refusal in my world.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dwmh said:

Who are BingX?  Unregulated crypto traders and brokers of the kind that every money adviser will warn you against.
Remember FTX - held everyone's money as a custodian but was actually giving it away to a sister trading operation (run by the bosses girlfriend).
At least the betting companies are regulated, and you only lose if the bets lose.
If the PL can make reccommendations about owners they should certainly be able to block BingX.
Though apparently that Whalefin ad we had on the sleeves for 6 months ws a crypto trader too.

BingX?  A Crypto trader pretending it is connected to Microsoft perhaps?   At least the X was added in 2021.  previously they were known as BingBon.

BingBon - I kid you not.  

Another Blue Chip sponsor for the club. 

grsoqef5xcbc1.jpeg?width=960&crop=smart&

This has just surfaced on the internets. Look as if ownership have purchased £140m worth of new shares in the club just before Christmas.

I wonder if that'll be to fund/partially fund January transfers? Maybe to help bridge the revenue gap had because of sponsorship or lack of European football? Help pay off transfer instalments owed on for this year? 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, xceleryx said:

grsoqef5xcbc1.jpeg?width=960&crop=smart&

This has just surfaced on the internets. Look as if ownership have purchased £140m worth of new shares in the club just before Christmas.

I wonder if that'll be to fund/partially fund January transfers? Maybe to help bridge the revenue gap had because of sponsorship or lack of European football? Help pay off transfer instalments owed on for this year? 

Can someone do a "shares for dummies" explanation of what has happened here? Not my area of expertise or interest, so my uninformed lay person reaction is "don't they own us outright anyway?".

• Agree 1

On 03/01/2024 at 18:50, Dwmh said:

BingBon - I kid you not.  

Your anti Clearlake stance is clouding every single post of yours, to the point you wont say anything positive about anything. 

What makes a Crypto Exchange such a bad sponsor choice? So long as the company isn't doing anything illegal, or immoral (betting companies) then what is the issue?

16 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

What makes a Crypto Exchange such a bad sponsor choice? So long as the company isn't doing anything illegal, or immoral (betting companies) then what is the issue?

I read the criticism as more about how volatile crypto markets are. I know nothing beyond the headlines, but understand the market had a huge crash in the first half of 2023, is very easily and significantly hit by global events more so than traditional currency, and that a fair few big players have ceased to exist in recent months. 

I don't think crypto is where you go when you have sponsors lining up, basically. And we're not at our most prestigious, so that makes sense. At least not for your most prestigious sponsorship products (front of shirt, training kit, sleeve), anyway. Appreciate the bigger clubs have dozens of "partners", some specifically their crypto partners. 

7 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Your anti Clearlake stance is clouding every single post of yours, to the point you wont say anything positive about anything. 

Watch the SFA go for them.
All I can say if you don't know the recent tract record of   Crypto custodians, don't even think of leaving your money with them.
Unregulated, takes deposits from customers, same as FTX.  There literally is no regualtion body making sure you are not getting ripped off.  Nobody.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JaneB said:

I know this is crazy but does anyone think Frank could get the capital and backing to buy the club?

He’s already very wealthy in his own right.

Doubt it, his two side shows have probably damaged his chances of bringing in more capital.

Would have been nice to hear his ideas though without the restrictions of owners when he was in the job.

Just now, JaneB said:

I know this is crazy but does anyone think Frank could get the capital and backing to buy the club?

He’s already very wealthy in his own right.

I think the major stumbling block for this is that the terms of the sale to Clearlake stipulated they couldn't sell to anyone for 10 years 

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think the major stumbling block for this is that the terms of the sale to Clearlake stipulated they couldn't sell to anyone for 10 years 

Would imagine they could under certain circumstances get around that and pass on the club obligations to a new owner. Give it a couple of seasons of poor form and watch the legal certainties become grey areas. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Again - who was that signed with?  and does anyone seriously think that that counterparty would chose to block a good sale

Dear Frank,
Sounds like you have a great offer there.  But I got those bastards to sign a 10 year clause and I am damn well going to make them stick to it.
all the best,
love to Christine and the kids,

Roman.

15 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I know this is crazy

Sorry, but yes

Edited by Dwmh
  • Haha 1

https://talksport.com/football/1710537/chelsea-publicity-stunt-argylle-todd-boehly-fulham/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=talksportfacebook&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1705155521

I'm not sure what to think of this!! Is it mischief making of something else. I'm hoping it's the latter before I go berserko and start burning effigies down the ground.

https://youtu.be/FBZZvtlH4kU?si=8drcnYNNAR-dAnhz

Edited by blueboy1905

5 minutes ago, blueboy1905 said:

https://talksport.com/football/1710537/chelsea-publicity-stunt-argylle-todd-boehly-fulham/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=talksportfacebook&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1705155521

I'm not sure what to think of this!! Is it mischief making of something else. I'm hoping it's the latter before I go berserko and start burning effigies down the ground.

Coincidence or not ???

20240113_124605.jpg

Screenshot_20240111_142224_Facebook.jpg

58 minutes ago, blueboy1905 said:

As posted in match chat. WTF.

Edited by Max Fowler