Chelsea owners and board

Max Fowler

Ownership buyout  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you want to have full ownership of the club?

• Eghbali and Clearlake
    • Todd Boehly
    • Mark Walter
    • Hansjörg Wyss

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/24 at 18:00

6 minutes ago, patThenevin said:

What a detestable club CFC has turned into.

Beyond embarrassing stunt yesterday, as Todd continues to show how hateful him and his financier ilk are.

Rather puzzled by the reaction.
A film promotion that amounted to a row of actors standing for a few minutes and a big ad on the side of a building - pretty trivial.

Compared to having an unregistered custodian taking deposits from private individuals putting ads on our shirt sleeves, this is remarkable untroubling.

But not as classy as having Raquel Welch in her prime turning up for a game.  Or as disruptive.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dwmh said:

A film promotion that amounted to a row of actors standing for a few minutes and a big ad on the side of a building - pretty trivial.

Compared to having an unregistered custodian taking deposits from private individuals putting ads on our shirt sleeves, this is remarkable untroubling.

But not as classy as having Raquel Welch in her prime turning up for a game.  Or as disruptive.

I think this image pretty much sums it up. Are we a serious club or not?

Screenshot_20240114_120146_X.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dwmh said:

I know which one I’d have rather seen! 

The six idiots in Green blazers were arseing around all game and it was bloody embarrassing. We’re a football club, not some silly vaudeville side show. 

The only positive about the whole silly stunt was that we got to see Dua Lipa. 

• Like 1

Are those vigorously defended Boehly when he talked about a North vs. South playoff game, mentioned De Bruyne and Salah being our academy products, put 4-4-3 up on the whiteboard etc. now eating their words?

Many people defended him that he was "at least coming up with new ideas". Well this is what his new ideas look like, and these could get a lot worse. Can anyone still somewhat supportive of the regime defend the ridiculous display from yesterday?

Let's be honest - for our new owners the matchday fans have been massively downgraded in their importance because we are now playing to potentially billions of people across the globe and that makes their eyes roll with dollar signs.

Todd has spoken openly about maximising returns in the States and elsewhere, that doesn't sound bad on paper. But he clearly doesn't care all that much about the historical football culture and how important it is to our matchday fans.

Anyone want to guess who will be the sponsor for our new Stamford Bridge?
The McDonalds Arena?

1 minute ago, Max Fowler said:

Anyone want to guess who will be the sponsor for our new Stamford Bridge?
The McDonalds Arena?

The FTX safe custody agreement sounds more likely.

Did anyone have to give up seats for the glee club?

I can't imagine that any income from the stunt would be of any significance..so why?

The "incident" pre game.. I got the impression it was more player related but only an impression and probably/possibly wildly wrong.

5 minutes ago, chara said:

Did anyone have to give up seats for the glee club?

I can't imagine that any income from the stunt would be of any significance..so why?

The "incident" pre game.. I got the impression it was more player related but only an impression and probably/possibly wildly wrong.

Apparently there was a young girl sat right behind them whose view was very likely to be affected.

And Todd Boehly owns the company who is making the film.

Edited by Max Fowler

9 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Apparently there was a young girl sat right behind them whose view was very likely to be affected.

And Todd Boehly owns the company who is making the film.

Ahh..........

1 hour ago, chara said:

Ahh..........

He was at the Golden Globes the week earlier, hence the Barnett tidy-up.

Pathetic to watch it yesterday and the sycophantic behaviour of those promoting/cheerleading it.

Edited by east lower
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

I thought it was so ridiculous,  such a mega cringe and so out of place that I found it a WTF bizarrely funny stunt.

After all, we have a bit of a reputation for being a basket case club and that just adds to it, so no harm done in the grand scheme of things. The only thing worse than being talked about and all that...

Edited by boratsbrother

4 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

The only thing worse than being talked about and all that...

So does anyone know a thing about the film, when it is released, who is in it?
Because it seems to me the stunt was a complete waste of effort.

I'm kind of hoping they took the last of the £180 tickets that were still on General Sale for the game.

• Like 1

Seen it advertised online and on bus sides. It's called something like Argylle (double-l). It is some kind of spy comedy. That's all I know

Edited by Sciatika

17 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

So does anyone know a thing about the film, when it is released, who is in it?
Because it seems to me the stunt was a complete waste of effort.

I'm kind of hoping they took the last of the £180 tickets that were still on General Sale for the game.

I'm talking about publicity for our club, not his up coming movie.

The movie was not produced by Boehly. That was one inaccurate tweet by a journalist that was somehow repeated all over without basic fact checking. 

Eldridge has shares in A24, and this is not an A24 movie.

Can't say I give a fuck personally. We've always been a basket case club for those who said this adds to it. We were the basket case club which won trophies like no other and we're the basket case club which doesn't do a lot of winning. Not to be Milwally about it, but I hardly care about that.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Sabrina F. said:

The movie was not produced by Boehly. That was one inaccurate tweet by a journalist that was somehow repeated all over without basic fact checking. 

Eldridge has shares in A24, and this is not an A24 movie.

Can't say I give a fuck personally. We've always been a basket case club for those who said this adds to it. We were the basket case club which won trophies like no other and we're the basket case club which doesn't do a lot of winning. Not to be Milwally about it, but I hardly care about that.

I've been a STH for close on 28 years and I've not seen something as pathetic as that at Chelsea before. This is a football club not a Piccadilly Circus promotion event. In fact I cannot remember anything anywhere as cringeworthy as this and it needs to  stop.

If we want to be a proper football club, behave like it - With every passing week, I dislike these owners more and more and I did raise issue with them when they were strongly muted as being the owners. Always preferred the late Ratcliffe bid.

Ratcliffe really? I follow Nice, so no thanks.

We did the movie promotion stuff exactly 10 years ago. It's no different than yoru stadium hosting NFL games during the international break.

Yes, the owners are shit, but it's not because of a shit movie promotion stint.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Sabrina F. said:

Ratcliffe really? I follow Nice, so no thanks.

We did the movie promotion stuff exactly 10 years ago. It's no different than yoru stadium hosting NFL games during the international break.

Do you follow Strasbourg?

There's a difference promoting a movie with people sat down in the corner 1 year after we won the Champions League than stood up performing right behind the dugout - covering the Shed End logo with promotion etc., when we have been dreadful for two seasons.

And when our fans already are feeling completely alienated.

Nobody said the owners are bad because of it, so we can throw that in the non-point waste paper basket Sabrina.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 14/01/2024 at 15:07, Dwmh said:

I can't say I get it either, and I'm very vocally not a fan of these owners. It seemed pretty unobtrusive to me as someone at the game, didn't notice it at all.  Clearly there for a TV audience. 

Just part of the borderline assault of intrusive adverts that makes up attendance at any PL, or even just British, football match. Cringeworthy but only more so than anything else by its novelty, not its nature.

23 hours ago, east lower said:

The only positive about the whole silly stunt was that we got to see Dua Lipa. 

Not from the East Upper!

Edited by thevelourfog

On 14/01/2024 at 15:07, Dwmh said:

Raquel didn't just turn up for one game. She was friends with photographer Terry ONeil who was big Chelsea fan and he took her to a number of ganes.  Apparently, Raquel had a "bit of a thing" for Ossie and while leaving one game early she  actually walked down the touchline and waved at him while play was going on.😀

As for Saturday's bit of harmless panto.  Was those guys reading a brushing their teeth a bit of a dig at the appalling atmosphere at the Bridge? More like a library or dentists than a football stadium? 

2 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

I can't say I get it either, and I'm very vocally not a fan of these owners. It seemed pretty unobtrusive to me as someone at the game, didn't notice it at all.  Clearly there for a TV audience. 

Just part of the borderline assault of intrusive adverts that makes up attendance at any PL, or even just British, football match. Cringeworthy but only more so than anything else by its novelty, not its nature.

Not from the East Upper!

Watch some of the footage on YouTube of the gimps in the green velvet get-ups, see if it changes perspective.

She is starring in the film and was on one or two of the clips. 

10 hours ago, Sabrina F. said:

As @Max Fowler has said no one has stated they’re crap just because of what went on at the game, in isolation.

However the more we experience of them, the worse the impressions they leave are.

• Agree 3

30 minutes ago, east lower said:

As @Max Fowler has said no one has stated they’re crap just because of what went on at the game, in isolation.

However the more we experience of them, the worse the impressions they leave are.

I think the worst part is that going forward of we drew a line under their leadership up to now you know we cannot trust them to not do stupid things again. 

• Agree 3

23 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think the worst part is that going forward of we drew a line under their leadership up to now you know we cannot trust them to not do stupid things again. 

Their ownership to me is like someone knocked over a urine sample. They’re like a puppy who shits on the floor.