Chelsea owners and board

Max Fowler

Ownership buyout  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you want to have full ownership of the club?

• Eghbali and Clearlake
    • Todd Boehly
    • Mark Walter
    • Hansjörg Wyss

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/24 at 18:00

5 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Their ownership to me is like someone knocked over a urine sample. They’re like a puppy who shits on the floor. 

Weird post. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ham said:

Weird post. 

Why? They seem to have no idea what they’re doing. Whole club is a shitshow and has been since they took over imo. It’s not always their fault but the mistakes they’ve made have imo been completely self-inflicted. 

24 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Why? They seem to have no idea what they’re doing. Whole club is a shitshow and has been since they took over imo. It’s not always their fault but the mistakes they’ve made have imo been completely self-inflicted. 

Only time will tell whether mistakes have been made. 

At this moment, we're not where we want to be. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ham said:

At this moment, we're not where we want to be. 

Yeah it will take at least 6 months, maybe a year.  And how long has it been so far?

18 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

Yeah it will take at least 6 months, maybe a year.  And how long has it been so far?

Since we had our best players regularly available?

Hasn't happened yet. 

Just now, Dwmh said:

Our best players were available all last season.  They've gone now.

A number of them had downed tools if you ask me and you must have forgotten about Chilwell and James who have a well known issue.

You must also have forgotten just how many times we were without double digit players over the past few years. 

Let's not reimagine the past to fit an argument. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Dwmh said:

Have you not noticed that we are doing no worse this season than last when we had those so called best players?

If anything, we actually look a better team without them now 

Edited by boratsbrother
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

44 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Have you not noticed that we are doing no worse this season than last when we had those so called best players?

+ the injury situation is probably worse this season than last, despite the reduced fixture list.

9 hours ago, Dwmh said:

Our best players was the team that started in Porto. I agree that they downed tools following the takeover for various reasons and, some were at peak or on the way past that.

In this rebuild we have replaced (from our Porto win - looking at the level of the player then..)Mount, Kovacic, Jorgingho, Chritiensen, Rudiger, Kante, pulisic, Havertz, Werner, Alonso, Mendy, Giroud, Azpi with players, in this stage in their career, that are on a level below. They may reach those levels or surpass them but, that's the gamble. We haven't swapped like for like or upgraded. We have gambled!

In the current squad I think the players that are good enough, despite their fees and the grumbles that go with it are Enzo and Caciedo. I believe they show their class in cameos each game. I think Colwill would also be good if played in the right position and I think he could be captain material if backed. Gallagher is the other one that could've played a part in that team.

Sorry, I forgot Palmer. He is the one improvement and would've made the team.

10 hours ago, Ham said:

A number of them had downed tools if you ask me and you must have forgotten about Chilwell and James who have a well known issue.

because .......     down tooled or injured - but still able to move to big clubs where they are magically uninjured  -  what does that tell you?

10 hours ago, Ham said:

You must also have forgotten just how many times we were without double digit players over the past few years. 

When RA was here, no not that often.  Again you are talking symptoms of the disease not excuses.

If you want to talk missing players - which is a common enough experience at many clubs including CFC 22/23 - then the 640 million dollar question is:  Why the hell do we have just 20 o21 players in our registered squad (including 4 GKs, Fofana and Nkunku)?

I mean how unlucky is that??

10 hours ago, Ham said:

Let's not reimagine the past to fit an argument. 

Indeed

2 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Well quite.  We are now a 54 point team.  last year we were a 44 point team.  With pretty much the same players in 21/22 we were a 64 point team and CL winners the year before that.

We look a better team that last year so the big question is WTF happened last year?

25 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

We look a better team that last year so the big question is WTF happened last year?

You know the club had offield issues the like of which none of us have ever seen before. Anyway, what happened last year and before that is history now and I'm personally much more interested in looking forward than looking back.

A lot of fans could see the team had stagnated and had a snowballs chance in hell of competing for the title again with those players, in particular a midfield that was desperately stale and in decline. Many fans were calling for a significant rebuild with an emphasis on younger players and here we are with exactly that. 

How about everyone moving on and stop moaning about every fecking thing every fecking day and start getting behind the team and manager, as supporters are supposed to do.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

You know the club had offield issues the like of which none of us have ever seen before. Anyway, what happened last year and before that is history now and I'm personally much more interested in looking forward than looking back.

The club still has off field issues.  What the off field issues are NOT is the fact that ownership changed, that happens at a lot of clubs with little negative effects.  The Off field issues seem to have come with the new owners.  The off field issues are here this year too.  Indeed the off field issues are becoming on field issues as they are affecting who the manager can choose from.

59 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

A lot of fans could see the team had stagnated and had a snowballs chance in hell of competing for the title again with those players, in particular a midfield that was desperately stale and in decline. Many fans were calling for a significant rebuild with an emphasis on younger players and here we are with exactly that. 

It was a 74 ffing point team.  Sure a couple of younger players was fine - but that doesn't explain the 30 point collapse of last year.  And it doesn explain the removal of all the players fit enought to get a contract elsewhere.
The only explanation for that is the ran like the wind to get away.

I really don't have a problem with Caicedo and Fernandez at probably double the right price.

But I have a huge problem with starting a season with 20 over 21 players including 4GKs, Nkunku and Fofana out for at least half a season and not a great fitness record for many of the others.  The rules allow 25!!
You can't blame the players for that,  You can't blame RA for that or TT or Potter.

All this is the direct impact of the new management.  Pointing to the past is Denial.

16 hours ago, Ham said:

You don't feel confident thinking by now that, for example, sacking Tuchel and bringing in Potter wasn't a huge fucking mistake? Or hiring a "President of Business" who couldn't do the basics of his job and had to be let go less than a year later? I won't go on.

Plenty of very visible mistakes already.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Dwmh said:

because .......     down tooled or injured - but still able to move to big clubs where they are magically uninjured  -  what does that tell you?

I'm going to leave it there because I spent time researching your claim about this last week and presented a full response to you and you simply trot this BS out again. 

4 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

You don't feel confident thinking by now that, for example, sacking Tuchel and bringing in Potter wasn't a huge fucking mistake? Or hiring a "President of Business" who couldn't do the basics of his job and had to be let go less than a year later? I won't go on.

Plenty of very visible mistakes already.

We won't care about these things if we start winning things. That's how football fans are. 

I'm talking about the squad building.  

1 hour ago, Ham said:

I'm going to leave it there because I spent time researching your claim about this last week and presented a full response to you and you simply trot this BS out again. 

hardly a full response - you didn't even mention Pulisic who was my prime exhibit.

1 hour ago, Ham said:

We won't care about these things if we start winning things. That's how football fans are. 

You mean if the club start making smart decisons that lead to better results?
A brave thing to say with our fixture list looking forward.

CP has already missed a month with injury in his very short AC Milan career in a relatively pedestrian league. 

Why don't you research the injury records, before and after, of all the players we sold under Clearlake and then comment on individual players?

Better than speculating and getting it wrong. 

10 minutes ago, Ham said:

CP has already missed a month with injury in his very short AC Milan career in a relatively pedestrian league. 

Why don't you research the injury records, before and after, of all the players we sold under Clearlake and then comment on individual players?

Better than speculating and getting it wrong. 

So he has played 26 games already in 6 months, and he played 30 last  season with us.  You could research him too.
better do the research than just claim you know best.

26 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

So he has played 26 games already in 6 months, and he played 30 last  season with us.  You could research him too.
better do the research than just claim you know best.

I see you're back to your exhausting worst.