Chelsea owners and board

Max Fowler

Ownership buyout  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you want to have full ownership of the club?

• Eghbali and Clearlake
    • Todd Boehly
    • Mark Walter
    • Hansjörg Wyss

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/24 at 18:00

36 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

I mean I just did quote you word for word Paul.

At least you are trying to defend what's going on - most of the people in support of the new regime have ran away from this conversation because frankly - we all know it's embarrassing and is alienating the matchday fans.

And we all know this kind of thing is going to get worse. It is simply indefensible.

Indefensible.... It's at worse a bit cringe. 

Until we have a stadium and matchday revenue that can compete with the Emirates, WHL, the Etihsd etc, I can see this continuing. 

Either way, I don't see it as much of a deal. I mean, it's no worse than clubs whose shirts and stadia are adorned with gambling propaganda 

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

It was never suggested it was (apart from the idiots in football media). The government did not sanction RA (and Chelsea) because they thought the money in CFC had anything to do with the Russia - Ukraine conflict. 

So why do it then?  Ban on ticket sales, Ban on merchandise sales would suggest otherwise. 

If there's evidence that supports your view, it would be interesting to see it.

30 minutes ago, east lower said:

So why do it then?  Ban on ticket sales, Ban on merchandise sales would suggest otherwise. 

One of the most disgraceful actions taken by HMG....aimed at RA personally I always felt....and pushed by people with an agenda and little real knowledge (or caring about)of the Chelsea/RA financial connection...reminds me of a situation in Colorado a while back...not to get into any Gun debate but an agenda driven lawmaker pushed a bill to ban larger capacity ammunition clips..over a certain amount...apart from actually not achieving anything her campaign was based on her thinking every clip got thrown away after use...the rights or wrongs of the bill are not important to my point...absolute ignorance of the matter was shown when she admitted to her ignorance...a visual "victory" that was pointless, based on a false premise and merely gained  political brownie points,,again I stress not a comment on the right/wrong but of agenda and sheer ignorance influencing affairs.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I just realised, this was for a women's game with the ground half empty.

I understand if the fans are being denied seats for this, but really........... who the hell cares. 

If there is space for this nonsense in our ever decreasing stadium then it should be converted into seats. 

Even though this was a women's game, this was so tacky. 

1 hour ago, east lower said:

You clearly don't understand how sanctions work. For a start, there were 75 Russian Oligarchs with UK interests who were sanctioned. But only one most people had heard of. 

It's about inconveniencing people that have / had links to Putin to try and turn them against him. 

24 minutes ago, Ham said:

If there is space for this nonsense in our ever decreasing stadium then it should be converted into seats. 

Even though this was a women's game, this was so tacky. 

My point wasn't about men women's game, but the stadium was half empty. Why not use those empty seats to drive revenue? 

My objection to the initial post was the implication that seats that could have been used for fans were being used for advertising, which was simply misleading / a lie. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

You clearly don't understand how sanctions work. For a start, there were 75 Russian Oligarchs with UK interests who were sanctioned. But only one most people had heard of. 

It's about inconveniencing people that have / had links to Putin to try and turn them against him. 

So, no evidence then -,just your rhetoric.. 

Edited by east lower

1 hour ago, chara said:

One of the most disgraceful actions taken by HMG....aimed at RA personally I always felt....and pushed by people with an agenda and little real knowledge (or caring about)of the Chelsea/RA financial connection...reminds me of a situation in Colorado a while back...not to get into any Gun debate but an agenda driven lawmaker pushed a bill to ban larger capacity ammunition clips..over a certain amount...apart from actually not achieving anything her campaign was based on her thinking every clip got thrown away after use...the rights or wrongs of the bill are not important to my point...absolute ignorance of the matter was shown when she admitted to her ignorance...a visual "victory" that was pointless, based on a false premise and merely gained  political brownie points,,again I stress not a comment on the right/wrong but of agenda and sheer ignorance influencing affairs.

It was an agenda led campaign by all parties politicians, a labour gobs**te being one of the most vocal. Not a shred of evidence produced.

The USA took a more strategic approach and targeted a number of businesses in various sectors that you could link with activities that would support military activity. 

4 hours ago, paulw66 said:

It was never suggested it was (apart from the idiots in football media). The government did not sanction RA (and Chelsea) because they thought the money in CFC had anything to do with the Russia - Ukraine conflict. 

44 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Yes I think we know that the sanctions were part of a whole host of actions against Russia that started long before 2022 which in return was a direct reaction to those events and actions.  
Still good to hear there still is talk about a Russian Ukraine conflict, the general opinion is that not much is happening while actually the carnage is as great as ever.

6 minutes ago, blueboy1905 said:

How's it going you couple of shysters ?

Screenshot_20240131_223503_X.thumb.jpg.e30a32e40ffab86eff4e0009cd54d0c0.jpg

So that explains why they didn't have a clue who they were buying or selling or sacking for the first 18 months.

Perhaps they could have asked Cech and Marina.

• Like 1

Another "win" for Boehly 

Argylle savaged by critics: $200M Matthew Vaughn spy flick starring Dua Lipa, Bryce Dallas Howard and Henry Cavill branded one of the 'worst movies ever made' in brutal reviews

The film currently holds a 37% rating on Rotten Tomatoes 

Obviously it's the worst movie ever made until they make one about our Clearlake takeover.

29 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Another "win" for Boehly 

Argylle savaged by critics: $200M Matthew Vaughn spy flick starring Dua Lipa, Bryce Dallas Howard and Henry Cavill branded one of the 'worst movies ever made' in brutal reviews

The film currently holds a 37% rating on Rotten Tomatoes 

Obviously it's the worst movie ever made until they make one about our Clearlake takeover.

It feels kind of fitting that Boehly and co, partnered with them to promote the film.

5 hours ago, Bert19 said:

That video going around of the players just walking off and leaving the mascot kid on his own last night is a pretty bad look.  Feel really sorry for the kid and hope that the rest of his experience was good overall (even if it was, the optics are pretty crap though). 

This is the sort of thing that should be a standard set from top down though.  "You are Expected  to act like a proper Pro in these situations lads. No excuses" 

Feels a bit similar to Poch and the Coaching team just allowing them to wander off at FT and not acknowledge the away fans that have travelled.  "Get on with it lads. You do this every game, no crying off - people have given you their time and money for this." 

Standards are important.  The ownership should be making that clear to all involved. 

Couldn't agree more but that's typical Chelsea now isn't it?  

JT would never have allowed this to happen.

What a load of spoilt, overpaid w*****s 😡

37 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Which reminds me - who was the captain after half time yesterday?

37 minutes ago, JaneB said:

It’s all ok, apparently it was the scousers fault - press briefing by the club to The Telegraph obviously, we have degenerated down to scouser levels of ‘if blamed, deny and blame someone else’:

DAILY TELEGRAPH

Chelsea believe Liverpool were responsible for the club's young mascot, who was left on his own during Wednesday night's rendition of You'll Never Walk Alone at Anfield, and have invited him to be a mascot for another game.

8 hours ago, east lower said:

It’s all ok, apparently it was the scousers fault - press briefing by the club to The Telegraph obviously, we have degenerated down to scouser levels of ‘if blamed, deny and blame someone else’:

DAILY TELEGRAPH

Chelsea believe Liverpool were responsible for the club's young mascot, who was left on his own during Wednesday night's rendition of You'll Never Walk Alone at Anfield, and have invited him to be a mascot for another game.

Even if it was their fault , is it beyond one of our idiots to notice and take the kid under their wing for a few minutes?

11 hours ago, JaneB said:

I think this pre-dates this bunch tbh.  Players are far too mollie-coddled by tedious hangers-on and they have been for a while. 

I remember queuing for hours at a signing at Adidas about 13-14 years back - the club / Adidas PR types got the players there 45 mins late, gate kept them from everybody and took them away early.  I think they ended up doing about half an hour and 150+ people ended up being left pissed off and unseen.  The impression I got was that the players themselves were fine and would probably have quite easily done another half an hour or whatever.  The PR people were making sure it didn't happen though (bet their mates all got signed shirts however).  

As I said, I think it's a standards thing.  If they are told to do stuff, they tend to do it - on the rare occasions i've encountered players, they've generally been nice and fairly approachable.  I was having a family lunch 18 months back and we bumped into Trevoh Chalobah - he was great about taking photos and even gave out to my cousin about being a Liverpool fan 

But they're treated like they should never have to be in contact with fans. So it's not even part of their thought process.  It's poor all round.  It should be factored into things by the Club. 

*And as you said, it's the Captain's job to look after that kid there.  He's due an apology and some generousity from whoever was wearing the armband

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Even if it was their fault , is it beyond one of our idiots to notice and take the kid under their wing for a few minutes?

Or for someone from the bench to send one of the subs over to him and say "Come on, you sit with us for the first few minutes" 

Not that hard. 

Edited by Bert19

7 minutes ago, Bison said:

Chaos continues. 

Doesn't look good.
Of course it might well be that Sarr (and agent) took themselves off to Le Havre and tried negotiating a deal without prior approval from Chelsea.  Clearly Sarr is out of favour having not been registered.
He was given a 5 year contract aged 21 (sound familiar) when his Nice contract expired.  he'd played 100 games for Nice so I expect he would be on a decent salary as a free agent.

So there may well be some unfinished discussion to be made about the remaining 18 months of Sarr's package.  If I were Sarr I'd want 80% of it paid, or I'd stay.  It will be a lot more than a career at Le Havre.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Backbiter said:

Is it ever their fault?

I remember thinking that something was off about Chilwell in the tunnel before the game because the same mascot was stood next to him, getting no attention whatsoever.  I already felt sorry for him.

He didn't speak to him, put an arm around him or hold his hand. He only took his hand when they appeared from the tunnel. 

I didn't see the subsequent issue in real time but it didn't surprise me.  

He was BC's responsibility and he let himself down badly.

I can't help thinking something wasn't right about him on Wednesday.  

• Like 2
  • Agree 1