Chelsea owners and board

Max Fowler

Ownership buyout  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you want to have full ownership of the club?

• Eghbali and Clearlake
    • Todd Boehly
    • Mark Walter
    • Hansjörg Wyss

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/24 at 18:00

7 minutes ago, Bison said:

It's only going to get worse as the inept sporting directors try to recity their mistakes. This is what they were briefing back in December. 

Screenshot_20240204_170401_X.jpg

That 4 window strategy probably assumed at CL qualification to boost the coffers and entice top players. 

9 minutes ago, Bison said:

It's only going to get worse as the inept sporting directors try to recity their mistakes. This is what they were briefing back in December. 

Definitely going to get worse.
We are now 4 windows in so I'm not quite sure what they mean.
Window 1 was actually about bringing in experienced players not kids.
Felix, Zakaria, Aubayemang, Cucurella, Sterling, Disasi, even Fofana had a PL track record.
Admittedly matched by the mass exit of experienced players too.

Windows 2 (Fernandez, Mudryk) was about bringing in expensive young and relatively inexperienced would be superstars.
Window 3 ditto.
Window 4 just passed by and er, Broja went on loan.

If the December quote mean the 2 windows were Jan and Sept 2023, it would seem Window 3 implies a cancellation of the plan, not a continuation.

Unfortunately reversing direction again is going to be as costly as reversing towards kids was at the start of last year.

I reckon the new regime, TB, Stewart and Winstanley ARE ALL GONE, NOW.
DEAD MEN WALKING
Hence the absence of any move in the last window.
We are simply waiting for the disposal of the club.

It does not get easier - it gets worse

1 minute ago, Ham said:

That 4 window strategy probably assumed at CL qualification to boost the coffers and entice top players. 

You'll have to ask  @xceleryx about that, he is convinced that a collapse in form and mid-table was all part of the plan.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ham said:

What I don't understand is if January was one of the four windows. I mean, January 2024 was by far our best transfer window under the new ownership simply because they didn't cause any further damage. But what are they expecting to do this summer that makes all of this a success? 

@Dwmh they simply have no room for manoeuvre financially. Especially if somebody like Gallagher digs in his heels and refuses to leave and walks on a free (which I hope he does, only because this our profit academy nonsense cannot continue to be a business strategy). 

2 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

Definitely going to get worse.
We are now 4 windows in so I'm not quite sure what they mean.
Window 1 was actually about bringing in experienced players not kids.
Felix, Zakaria, Aubayemang, Cucurella, Sterling, Disasi, even Fofana had a PL track record.
Admittedly matched by the mass exit of experienced players too.

Windows 2 (Fernandez, Mudryk) was about bringing in expensive young and relatively inexperienced would be superstars.
Window 3 ditto.
Window 4 just passed by and er, Broja went on loan.

If the December quote mean the 2 windows were Jan and Sept 2023, it would seem Window 3 implies a cancellation of the plan, not a continuation.

Unfortunately reversing direction again is going to be as costly as reversing towards kids was at the start of last year.

I reckon the new regime, TB, Stewart and Winstanley ARE ALL GONE, NOW.
DEAD MEN WALKING
Hence the absence of any move in the last window.
We are simply waiting for the disposal of the club.

It does not get easier - it gets worse

You'll have to ask  @xceleryx about that, he is convinced that a collapse in form and mid-table was all part of the plan.

They're not allowed to sell the club until ten years are up. 

They bought the club on the premise they'd invest X amount in the playing staff and the ground  and keep it for a minimum of ten years to safeguard against fly by nights asset stripping and getting richer quick to the detriment of the club. 

Safeguarding by Roman as his club was stolen from him by Boris "Friends of Russia" Johnson. 

It really doesn't matter what clever theory you concoct they're legally obliged to keep the club. 

Just now, Mark Kelly said:

They're not allowed to sell the club until ten years are up. 

Is that the law - or did they just promise someone that?

Just now, Mark Kelly said:

It really doesn't matter what clever theory you concoct they're legally obliged to keep the club. 

obliged to whom?  Who is the bastard that will insist they stay?  Roman?

[10 years was always a marketing stunt - really common on this sort of deal]

5 minutes ago, Bison said:

@Dwmh they simply have no room for manoeuvre financially. Especially if somebody like Gallagher digs in his heels and refuses to leave and walks on a free (which I hope he does, only because this our profit academy nonsense cannot continue to be a business strategy). 

Are you sure?  The 7 year contracts will really bite into future spending in years 4 5 and 6 when ordinary clubs have already amortisised their 4 year contracts.  
Basically you are listening to a bunch of teenage scribblers talking about a subject they really don't understand very well.*

So no - we do not know if they have any room for manoeuvre under FFP.
But we do know that the timescale of Clearlake is based around 30% pa returns - ie doubling their investment in 3 years.
2 years in that goal is now clearly impossible and the business plan is clearly not going to work.
They are out.

*or rather they consistently pretend they can imply great detail from occasionally published balance sheets and pure rumour about individual fees and wages.  I've done that job professionally - they can't.  Even if they do know a lot about finance.  Ergo it is all blagging.

51 minutes ago, Bison said:

I recall Playschool on the BBC many years ago had a 4 window strategy too. At this point in time I would trust Floella Benjamin and Big Ted to a better job than this lot. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We've had the media telling us the club hasn't built a side to suit Pochettino's football and now they're telling us they're two windows into a four window procurement process. 

Two sides briefing their sides of the story to their mates to direct any criticism away from the dreadful jobs they're doing. 

Billy Bean? 

Billy Smarts. 

I wouldn't like new owners to come in and be nothing more than bean counters in it for the money, so that's why I want TB to stay in some capacity. He is a sports fan and will be hurting inside like any true sports fan. It's this hurt and humiliation  which will drive him on to make  us good again. The rest of them can f**k right off!

6 hours ago, Dwmh said:

No need to ask me about something I never said, but I appreciate you publishing another of your fictional pieces. Even if it may not be your best work, I believe in you to produce a number one best seller soon. 

3 minutes ago, xceleryx said:
7 hours ago, Dwmh said:

No need to ask me about something I never said, but I appreciate you publishing another of your fictional pieces. Even if it may not be your best work, I believe in you to produce a number one best seller soon. 

Really.  Pretty sure you said it was inevitable, foreseeable and foreseen by you and the board.  A necesssary result of changing the squad so rapidly with so many players, er, for the future.
A feature, not a failure.
Not a mistake.

But if you didn't that is good to hear.

So..in circumstances never seen before Chelsea as a business changes hands,,,as part of the confusion the new owners as represented by ToddB do their best to get things back on track at least in the short term...much room for debate as to what they did and how effective it was or wasn't.

Lot of voices calling for them to bring in "Football" people...which in all fairness they did,,,,,now to my mind is where everything begins to go wrong,

If the experts a group appoint prove not to be up to the job where now?...If you bring in so called experts/management it is pointless not to follow their initial recommendations but if they are wrong what next?

I can't believe the Board or whatever they are called demands that the "experts" do what they as non experts order.

A willingness to pursue a long term strategy is in itself not a faulty one....build a squad of young potential talent and develop them with additions and discards as necessary is not without merit BUT if the entities tasked with following that road do not have the vision,  competence or balls  to do that in a successful way then we get to today when we are at least, ,hopefully, on the short term. completely fucked...and I do not like using such language on here.

An average coach leads to an average side in the best circumstances but in the crisis mode we find our Club in an average coach is a slow slide into disaster.

Just thoughts on a ruined weekend!

8 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Looks typical of the people who are running our club now ☹️

Do you mean all: New teeth, permatan and hair-product?

Looks like a character from the film The Wolf of Wall Street. 

Edited by east lower

13 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Looks typical of the people who are running our club now ☹️

He’s come straight off the set of Charlie and the chocolate factory! 

Maybe there’ll be a cash reward for returning a missing Oompah Loompah.

• Haha 1

Just now, thevelourfog said:

It's the Mail so take this with all that you should take any Mail reporting, but this got a chuckle out of me.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13046439/amp/Tottenham-chief-RESIGNS-failing-secure-naming-rights-deal-new-stadium.html

He sounds perfect.

Comedy Gold 

Business men unable to do "business" shock .

What on earth are those bozo's doing ? 

13 minutes ago, east lower said:

I’m afraid I do ☹️ 
Typically well preserved middle aged bland American but far too perfect, especially the teeth.  
(Mind you, Poch could do with a visit to the dentist 😁)

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I’m afraid I do ☹️ 
Typically well preserved middle aged bland American but far too perfect, especially the teeth.  

As long as it’s not the same one Klopp went to. He looks like he could eat an elephant whole 🤣

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I’m afraid I do ☹️ 

I think the photo might have been edited for youth effect!! But those teeth 😎 - Don't show them to Brendan Rodgers, he'll be straight out to get a new set.

3 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

🤮

I know I am going to sound repetitive, but buy Spurs get Spursy. Did some decent deals with the NFL though.

34 minutes ago, east lower said:

Calls himself "The Toddinator"

• Haha 2