Chelsea owners and board

Max Fowler

Ownership buyout  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you want to have full ownership of the club?

• Eghbali and Clearlake
    • Todd Boehly
    • Mark Walter
    • Hansjörg Wyss

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/24 at 18:00

4 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

This Brighton lot are not going anywhere...

Interesting. I know people will scoff, but we could have done with picking up Caicedo for 4.5m and Cucurella would have been a decent signing at the price they paid. Ferguson, Pedro, Mitomo too. 

Whether they can translate that to the top level remains to be seen.

43 minutes ago, Bison said:

Yeah you're right, my bad. I shouldn't consider anybody else's situation if they earn a certain amount. 👍

Doesn't the article suggest he could have gone and played for Le Havre?

Quite happy to sign a long contract on mega money. not so happy when the club aren't prepared to pay him off.

The real scandal here, is whoever agreed his contract. 

Edited by paulw66

7 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Doesn't the article suggest he could have gone and played for Le Havre?

Quite happy to sign a long contract on mega money. not so happy when the club aren't prepared to pay him off.

The real scandal here, is whoever agreed his contract. 

It’s quite a story, I covered it in the transfer thread a while back. I know the tale told by the owner/chairman at Le Havre might be one-sided but it doesn’t read well. 

I’m also cynical enough (not always a good thing, when mental wellbeing) to think is this a tactic to get the move made?

43 minutes ago, east lower said:

It’s quite a story, I covered it in the transfer thread a while back. I know the tale told by the owner/chairman at Le Havre might be one-sided but it doesn’t read well. 

I’m also cynical enough (not always a good thing, when mental wellbeing) to think is this a tactic to get the move made?

My bad, the post was in this thread - this one:

Edited by east lower

6 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Interesting. I know people will scoff, but we could have done with picking up Caicedo for 4.5m and Cucurella would have been a decent signing at the price they paid. Ferguson, Pedro, Mitomo too. 

Whether they can translate that to the top level remains to be seen.

I seem to recall we were actually in for Caiceido when he was still playing in Ecuador, or at least we were the first and only team I saw linked with him for a good while before he moved to Brighton. Same with Andrey Santos, seems our old scouting network wasn't too bad for young players, we just bought a lot of older duds.

Edited by Lump Of Celery

18 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

I seem to recall we were actually in for Caiceido when he was still playing in Ecuador, or at least we were the first and only team I saw linked with him for a good while before he moved to Brighton. Same with Andrey Santos, seems our old scouting network wasn't too bad for young players, we just bought a lot of older duds.

I can think of 2. 

4 hours ago, Bison said:

Absolutely awful. If true I hate to see our club behaving like this. Disgusting stuff. 

You know I'll stick the boot in to these owners given any half chance, but I think the Le Havre version of events just reads as bollocks. It would be completely in Sarr's interests to be telling a new club he's agreed a termination while negotiating with them, completely in that club's interests to believe that, and completely insane for us to to pull the plug at the last minute having agreed a deal where we limit our losses. We lose out more than the player, here.

If he wanted out and was willing to take only 25-50% of his salary, he'd be well out the door. I don't believe a word of what Le Havre's or the player's camps are briefing.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, thevelourfog said:

You know I'll stick the boot in to these owners given any half chance, but I think the Le Havre version of events just reads as bollocks. It would be completely in Sarr's interests to be telling a new club he's agreed a termination while negotiating with them, completely in that club's interests to believe that, and completely insane for us to to pull the plug at the last minute having agreed a deal where we limit our losses. We lose out more than the player, here.

If he wanted out and was willing to take only 25-50% of his salary, he'd be well out the door. I don't believe a word of what Le Havre's or the player's camps are briefing.

Yes, none of it makes any sense from a Chelsea perspective. Even if we paid half of Sarr's contract, it is better than what we are doing now, and paying 100% for him to contribute nothing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

Agreeing with everything you post today. 

Feels a bit weird 😂

• Haha 2

Guest mrsm81
7 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

...and we ve done this more than once. Surely football people can see your sarr bogarde s of this world won't cut it? 

There's always a risk but frankly it makes our South American punts look like a much better deal.

This guy never will or could make it and shame on those that bought into it.

15 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

They can ALL fuck off out of my club tbh. Then fuck off some more. 

21 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Two very similar snippets. 

Someone's been briefing again. 

Not my fault guv, it was him --->

52 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

They can ALL fuck off out of my club tbh. Then fuck off some more. 

What’s worse is that we have another one of these leeches/maggots joining us soon.

Edited by east lower
  • Angry 1