Chelsea owners and board

Max Fowler

Ownership buyout  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you want to have full ownership of the club?

• Eghbali and Clearlake
    • Todd Boehly
    • Mark Walter
    • Hansjörg Wyss

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/24 at 18:00

8 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

What a load of bullsh**

What exactly is his job meant to be?

"My role is to help the team perform better"  No, that's the manager's job.

How many more of these non-jobs will Chelsea be dishing out?

Sick of it.

• Agree 3

12 minutes ago, JaneB said:

What a load of bullsh**

Sick of it.

I genuinely reckon there was a conversation Jane where some focus group results were presented on how the club lacks identity and selling Gallagher would only make it worse. Eghbali‘s like, „Ok guys. Who’s got any creative ideas on improving our identity?“ and some yes man on his year abroad from the States is like „How about we hire an identity coach?“

9 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

What happened to that kiwi guy that was supposed to make us into the All Blacks? That went well didn't it?

Who was that then?  I've lost count of all these 'employees'.  They're all a waste of time anyway.

Actually, I've just looked Owen Eastwood up and he's a Kiwi.  Weird.

4 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

I genuinely reckon there was a conversation Jane where some focus group results were presented on how the club lacks identity and selling Gallagher would only make it worse. Eghbali‘s like, „Ok guys. Who’s got any creative ideas on improving our identity?“ and some yes man on his year abroad from the States is like „How about we hire an identity coach?“

Nothing would surprise me anymore Max 😞 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, JaneB said:

What a load of bullsh**

Sick of it.

His last job was selling suits modelled by the invisible man. He thought it was an excellent idea, but people saw through it.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, JaneB said:

Who was that then?  I've lost count of all these 'employees'.  They're all a waste of time anyway.

Actually, I've just looked Owen Eastwood up and he's a Kiwi.  Weird.

"Over the past decade, Owen Eastwood has worked with some of the most elite teams and groups in the world, including Gareth Southgate's England Football team, the Command Group of NATO, the South African Cricket Team, corporate leadership teams, elite ballet and the British Olympic team."

Neither of these teams have won anything. 

• Haha 1

Since he is not starting until Nov. 2025, and he will lead a project on Chelsea's history and identity, which will impact the environments at Stamford Bridge and the Cobham training centre, I wonder if he will have something to do with the project to revamp the stadium.

3 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

Really transparent when things that are just ... how football clubs work get framed as an issue. So one of the owners with ultimate accountability has the final say on whether or not a club spends millions of pounds ... Erm, good?

These guys are idiots, but we should all be able to see when journalists are just desperate for content. 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, McCreadie said:

I would fully expect the person that signs the cheque to have the "final say".

Like every business decision in every business ever.

A business/financial final decision is different from a decision on a players ability...by the time it gets to the sign cheque time it should be just that...can we afford it ?..yes/no...That's the decision,..imho.

34 minutes ago, chara said:

A business/financial final decision is different from a decision on a players ability...by the time it gets to the sign cheque time it should be just that...can we afford it ?..yes/no...That's the decision,..imho.

That is the “final say”

On 27/02/2024 at 03:17, CarefreeMuratcan said:

"Over the past decade, Owen Eastwood has worked with some of the most elite teams and groups in the world, including Gareth Southgate's England Football team, the Command Group of NATO, the South African Cricket Team, corporate leadership teams, elite ballet and the British Olympic team."

Neither of these teams have won anything. 

WTF was he doing in NATO for god’s sake 🤣 And who can say England’s NT is elite with a straight face.

What a shitshow 🤡 🌎🫡

Just now, Bison said:

This unhealthy obsession is beyond pathetic. 

Here's an idea .

Why not hire a coach and not a baby sitter .

A coach who can organise a defence , make the side play as one entity not three disparate parts and knows how set pieces worK?

Pochettino does none of this 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Here's an idea .

A coach who can organise a defence , make the side play as one entity not three disparate parts and knows how set pieces worK?

Hey Mark..stop this futuristic talk...two tricky wingers with crosses and  long ball down the middle for a big CF ,,big CH thumping the ball away and FB's kicking wingers in the air,,,now there's REAL tactics and football.

One entity?.."aving a larf".........?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Here's an idea .

When the average height of the side is 178cm's it probably doesn't matter how organised on set pieces one is. 

That aside, there's obviously a lot more Poch can do on field to get more out of this group. Albeit, I do appreciate how he's continued to keep the moral within the group pretty steady despite the up's and down's of the season. I do think this goes a bit under the radar, particularly if you look at how things were in similar circumstances last season under Pots and Lamps.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bison said:

All going well then. 

Copied from reddit because couldn't be bothered writing it out myself.

Chelsea's pre-tax loss in the past 12 months is £90.1m compared to £121.4m in the previous year.🔵

Chelsea grew overall revenue from £481.3m to £512.5m, made profits on disposal of player registrations and fixed assets of £142.2m, and had increases in other income.

Chelsea also increased commercial revenue from £33.0m to £210.1m.

Edit : think Ben made a mistake in commercial revenue it increases 33M from 177.1 million to 210.1M million.

Ben Jacobs

This is the whole story.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Copied from reddit because couldn't be bothered writing it out myself.

Chelsea's pre-tax loss in the past 12 months is £90.1m compared to £121.4m in the previous year.🔵

Chelsea grew overall revenue from £481.3m to £512.5m, made profits on disposal of player registrations and fixed assets of £142.2m, and had increases in other income.

Chelsea also increased commercial revenue from £33.0m to £210.1m.

Edit : think Ben made a mistake in commercial revenue it increases 33M from 177.1 million to 210.1M million.

Ben Jacobs

This is the whole story.

Does anyone know if this is good / bad / leading to point deductions etc? 

How in the blue he'll can a football club have revenue of over half a  billion yet still lose a ton of money? 

I'd love to see this lot stand in front of the Dragons Den team and try and explain their way out of it.

• Haha 1