Chelsea owners and board

Max Fowler

Ownership buyout  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you want to have full ownership of the club?

• Eghbali and Clearlake
    • Todd Boehly
    • Mark Walter
    • Hansjörg Wyss

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/24 at 18:00

15 minutes ago, FrankLampard8 said:

Thanks! I've been lurking for a while - couldn't stay away could I?!

It seems not!!  Hope you give us another chance 🙂

25 minutes ago, east lower said:

When you attend games these days, the demographic is decidedly aged or under 25's ish with a few in-betweenies.

And it's not surprising, the average house price outside of London will be £500k ish, so people buying homes will have £2k-£3k per month mortgages (unless they've come into some free money or had great jobs and been 'careful') and rents for three-bedroom homes won't be far short of that. Average salaries are about £40k or just under. So the maths dictate that there's not too much spare income. 

A members ticket to a game will be anywhere between £45 - £80 + travel, grub and other footie necessities.

Eventually us oldies won't be there to bump-up the numbers and I genuinely wonder who'll be there to fill those seats?

2 X Home ST's = £1500, 2 x Away ST = £1140, I get subsidised fuel so travel isn't as expensive for me as some - so say about £800 a year in travel, £1100 in beer and food = So costs me around £4500 a year to follow us, but that's for two.

Even half of that is too much for quite a number of people with a large mortgage/rent and kids.

I'm OK, worked hard and have been well paid for a good while in a sector where the experience has been retired-off and the new entrants generally lack the experience required, so no real worries there apart from me staying in decent health - No mortgage, kids (adults now) gone from home for a good while (still costing though , as well as grandkids) and owe no one nothing. But I do genuinely feel for the younger people who just want to settle into family life, own their own home, have their own children and enjoy a bit R&R, go out to dinner etc. I don't know how they'll do it.

Great post as always. I don’t know also how people can afford to smoke and drink (I do neither). 

• Thanks 1

Thanks @east lower...and everyone who made the effort to answer my question.

I think what comes through is that it is no longer,,and hasn't been for a while... a casual option it once was to go to a game.

Added to that I mean should Chelsea not be at home I doubt that many look for a top level game to go to as was an affordable option at one time,,I get the impression the local lower pyramid clubs get watched if the "game itch" is there?

A spin off question...prompted by EL's reply...what football know how I may or not have has been accumulated over the years playing and watching live and on tv in different parts of the UK and elsewhere,,,I guess mainly an OG group question..any impression as to how game savvy the spectators are these days?

I hasten to add I see little if any difference between the savvy of all age groups on here but this is a special group.

Added...the three tiered package offers for the tour are at outragous prices,,,$2500 approx for a pre season tour game...that I could never justify...or would ever want to,,,,,,real Chelsea or real wanna be look at me'ers?

Edited by chara

7 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Great post as always. I don’t know also how people can afford to smoke and drink (I do neither). 

Thanks for the kind words, I’ve never smoked either - so I can’t really comment with any authority on why people still do it, given the exorbitant cost and then the potential health issues. 

The strength of the drug, must be so addictive. Bit like football is for me, especially at the prices now. £4.25 for a bottle of soft-drink at the Bridge, £3 for a cup of tea/coffee/bovril/hot chocolate.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, chara said:

@east lower,,,do they still have the line up of potential death by food poisoning trucks between Fulham Broadway Station and SB...hard to imagine now but ?

There’s one on the Broadway side and a couple on the opposite side. They all seem popular, but I’ve never been tempted to sample their wares, especially at about £7/£8 a burger. That they’re buying the raw goods for about a pound.

Edit: Some of the food pitches have been replaced by non-official ‘merchandise’ stalls. 

Loads of food outlets on the opposite side of the station and on North End Road.  We’ve even got Taco Bell’s here now!

Edited by east lower
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Taco Bell is reviewed in the film Demolition Man

Didn’t they use Pizza-Hut for some of the countries the film was shown in that didn’t have Taco Bell outlets back in the early 90’s when the film first came out?

• Agree 1

Just now, east lower said:

Didn’t they use Pizza-Hut for some of the countries the film was shown in that didn’t have Taco Bell outlets back in the early 90’s when the film first came out?

It never fails to amaze me at the depth of arcane knowledge on here...bring up ANY topic and knowledgeable responses emerge...🧚‍♂️,amazing !

2 hours ago, east lower said:

Yeah, Taco Bell was for the US and Pizza Hut elsewhere. 

Taco Bell wasn't the first choice however, I believe that was Burger King. They declined as did McDonalds because neither wanted to appear in an R rated film.

What a movie though, watched it yet again about a month back as part of my current 80's/90's action binge. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, east lower said:

Right not directly related to this thread but has anyone tried the Cosmos Persona test - freaky stuff, got me down to a ‘T’ .

Wonder what type Todd & Eggy would be?

Yup. What type are you? I’m apparently a rocket …

6 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

I am a meteorite. A lump of random rock falling to earth only to be burnt up in the atmosphere. Not sure if I should be pleased with that.

I'm sure there were positives, got the wife to do it - she's not in the compatible categories. But I probably didn't need the test to tell me that - sometimes!

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Rocket. A controlled explosion in a tube. An admonition. Sounds about right in the current circs

A pointless salad item/garnish.  I just don't get it. 

• Agree 1

Hmm seems I'm a comet....close but some of the alternatives were nowhere near my "natural" reaction...but a smile. (Don't mess with cats!,,a false note not missed I suspect by most here.)

44 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Neither do I. Loathsome weeds

Stick to the subject BM,,,no need to bring in that Norf London white shirted lot!

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Ham said:

A pointless salad item/garnish.  I just don't get it. 

Love a bit of rocket with Bresaola, Dolcelatte and a nice balsamic vinegar and peppery olive oil dressing.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

57 minutes ago, RDCW said:

Love a bit of rocket with Bresaola, Dolcelatte and a nice balsamic vinegar and peppery olive oil dressing.

Anything would taste nice with that combination of added flavour.  Why waste it on a flavourless weed? 

6 hours ago, RDCW said:

Shaved Reggiano instead of the Dolcelatte for me with that combination.

Dolcelatte, celery (Chelsea link) and French bread - 🤤 

• Haha 1