Chelsea owners and board

Max Fowler

Ownership buyout  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you want to have full ownership of the club?

• Eghbali and Clearlake
    • Todd Boehly
    • Mark Walter
    • Hansjörg Wyss

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/24 at 18:00

14 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

I have to be honest if they get away with this it kinda makes you warm to the owners haha

How is that?

The hotels were owned by Chelsea football club. Now they are owned by Chelsea football club parent company. Therefore the actual value of Chelsea football clubs assets have decreased. 

Very typical of an investment company, to break up assets allowing the to sell of parts.

Didn't you watch pretty woman and what that rogue Richard Gere was up to 😀

I recall several posters on here being very confident, adamant even, that wages had gone down under Clearlake. A few others, myself included, were very dubious of that. And now we see the idea that, far from lower wages offsetting transfer expenditure, they've massively gone up. How?! What the fuck have we been doing in contract negotiations? Virtually everyone we've signed after that first Clearlake summer has come from clubs that pay nothing in PL terms and where we could have been doubling, if not more, wages without getting close to £100k a week.

The hotel sales aren't all that clever, I'd not be crowing about them. It won't be long until we're out of sellable assets to shift around, but we do look years away from being successful enough on the pitch to make any money.

My horrible gut feeling is that a lot of us are going to be very angry about a Cole Palmer sale in about 16 months time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

I recall several posters on here being very confident, adamant even, that wages had gone down under Clearlake. A few others, myself included, were very dubious of that. And now we see the idea that, far from lower wages offsetting transfer expenditure, they've massively gone up. How?! What the fuck have we been doing in contract negotiations? Virtually everyone we've signed after that first Clearlake summer has come from clubs that pay nothing in PL terms and where we could have been doubling, if not more, wages without getting close to £100k a week.

The hotel sales aren't all that clever, I'd not be crowing about them. It won't be long until we're out of sellable assets to shift around, but we do look years away from being successful enough on the pitch to make any money.

My horrible gut feeling is that a lot of us are going to be very angry about a Cole Palmer sale in about 16 months time. 

I'm pretty sure the figures relate to the accounting period before the sales of our big earners, hence the prediction that the wage bill will be dramatically reduced going forward. The anomaly is Sterling, but he predates the implementation of the wage control strategy. 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, RDCW said:

I'm pretty sure the figures relate to the accounting period before the sales of our big earners, hence the prediction that the wage bill will be dramatically reduced going forward. The anomaly is Sterling, but he predates the implementation of the wage control strategy. 

That's what I read.  Our wage bill for 23-24 is well down on the year before. 

5 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

I’d be happy to sponsor the Shed left “Lampard” corner flag, @chara

Funny that,,I had in my snow addled imagination the Announcer prematch saying .."and today's Shed End left corner flag is Sponsored by ....any name but now of course it's Blue Moon!" (Is it that one?..Art imitating life ?)

As I wander...."Today's water bottle for Cole Palmer sponsored by Jane B"....... "We Thank Mr Mark Kelly for the Sponsorship of the jeers for The Poch's substitutions" ( A highly sought after spot!)"The season's Captain's Band is proudly sponsored by Sciatika"..

..it's the snow I tell you....

Anyone else here willing to Sponsor "facilties" etc?

Edited by chara
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, chara said:

Funny that,,I had in my snow addled imagination the Announcer prematch saying .."and today's Shed End left corner flag is Sponsored by ....any name but now of course it's Blue Moon!" (Is it that one?..Art imitating life ?)

As I wander...."Today's water bottle for Cole Palmer sponsored by Jane B"....... "We Thank Mr Mark Kelly for the Sponsorship of the jeers for The Poch's substitutions" ( A highly sought after spot!)"The season's Captain's Band is proudly sponsored by Sciatika"..

..it's the snow I tell you....

Anyone else here willing to Sponsor "facilties" etc?

I'm sponsoring Mudryk and Chilwell just for the reaction on here

dancing-cowboy.gif.54f46bc9ad5e9bd4b0f1cc8b12ef1d4e.gif

• Like 1

Just now, Sciatika said:

@chara When you say "it's the snow", is that a euphemism?

No..it's real snow wet and 4 inches..Colorado's late kicker after a week og 70's temps...does one's head in about now.😁🌨️⛷️

19 hours ago, RDCW said:

I hope so. I've not been too reserved in berating this lot but even I wouldn't have expected them to be paying people like Jackson, Gusto etc. huge wages.

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

According to Spotrac (you choose whether you believe it or not) Jackson gets 65K/week and Gusto on £45K/week. Our highest paid players are Sterling and Lukaku on £325K followed by Enzo (297K), James (250K). Palmer is a bargain at £75K.

Chelsea F.C. Player Contracts, Salaries, & Transactions | Spotrac

Enzo £297k a week… no wonder he’s said he doesn’t want to leave. Why would he?! 8 years of earning that and he can retire or he could pay his own transfer fee!

If that D Fofana one is correct then his agent has done an incredible job! 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Enzo £297k a week… no wonder he’s said he doesn’t want to leave. Why would he?! 8 years of earning that and he can retire or he could pay his own transfer fee!

If that D Fofana one is correct then his agent has done an incredible job! 

Or Todd ‘n’ Eggy aren’t fit to own a food stand let alone Chelsea.

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

According to Spotrac (you choose whether you believe it or not) Jackson gets 65K/week and Gusto on £45K/week. Our highest paid players are Sterling and Lukaku on £325K followed by Enzo (297K), James (250K). Palmer is a bargain at £75K.

Chelsea F.C. Player Contracts, Salaries, & Transactions | Spotrac

Lukaku worth every penny. The biggest con in football transfer history 

31 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Or Todd ‘n’ Eggy aren’t fit to own a food stand let alone Chelsea.

Understand and hard to disagree with your viewpoint....but since when across the history of the game have "Owners" ever been known to have a deep Football knowledge ?.Uncle Ken wanted to electrocute fans!...The later Mears wanted to strip the club...the earlier Mears were old time Proprietor family name type owners....RA was unique in many ways but never claimed to..as far as I can see..know everything about the game and did what most successful businessmen  do..employ the right Management people and let them do their job with very high standards expected (and rewarded ,failure as quickly responded to!).

Everything for me comes down to the  so-called "Football People" team who may well be following GUIDE lines from the top but failing dismally to achieve what the strategy is meant to produce...that includes an average mid table coach with a jobsworth attitude and little coaching sparkle.

Not a defence of Todd and Co as such but they employed the wrong people or rather inferior talent. I still wonder on whose recommendation or the process that led to the appointments.

(As ever,the Black Hooded HMG at the root of the present financial,football and absolute F'd Up situation at Chelsea.)

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Lukaku worth every penny. The biggest con in football transfer history 

The latest is that the Italians are again saying that they can't afford the transfer fee so as things stand, we have a PL proven striker next season to help Jacko out 😏

Just now, Ham said:

The latest is that the Italians are again saying that they can't afford the transfer fee so as things stand, we have a PL proven striker next season to help Jacko out 😏

Poch would make him Captain. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Mark Kelly said:

Poch would make him Captain. 

Poch and Lukaku representing us next season would pretty much tip you over the edge Mr K 😂

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ham said:

Poch and Lukaku representing us next season would pretty much tip you over the edge Mr K 😂

To be honest at this stage I'm almost at the give Poch another season just so I can do the old "told you so" when he falls on his one dimensional fat face losing games we should be winning through cowardice. 

27 minutes ago, chara said:

Understand and hard to disagree with your viewpoint....but since when across the history of the game have "Owners" ever been known to have a deep Football knowledge ?.Uncle Ken wanted to electrocute fans!...The later Mears wanted to strip the club...the earlier Mears were old time Proprietor family name type owners....RA was unique in many ways but never claimed to..as far as I can see..know everything about the game and did what most successful businessmen  do..employ the right Management people and let them do their job with very high standards expected (and rewarded ,failure as quickly responded to!).

Everything for me comes down to the  so-called "Football People" team who may well be following GUIDE lines from the top but failing dismally to achieve what the strategy is meant to produce...that includes an average mid table coach with a jobsworth attitude and little coaching sparkle.

Not a defence of Todd and Co as such but they employed the wrong people or rather inferior talent. I still wonder on whose recommendation or the process that led to the appointments.

(As ever,the Black Hooded HMG at the root of the present financial,football and absolute F'd Up situation at Chelsea.)

That they hired the utter, utter clowns who call themselves sporting directors or whatever proves my point. And the electric fence was a great idea imo - deterrence works. Weakness invites the wolves! 🤪

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Ham said:

Just the usual game of poker going-on.

Poor little Italian clubs with no money etc, etc. Call their bluff. 

Saudi beckons, unless you persuade one of your darling Italian’s (who don’t want you enough to pay a decent fee, or are aware of your ‘play-up for a contract’ act). Or a nice warm welcome at the Bridge, or just rot.

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

It simply has to be wrong or we may as well wind things up. How much do we think he was on at Benfica? Second or third pro contract I'd guess, and first in Europe, not too out there to suggest it'd be a tenth of the figure we're quoted as paying him. I wish I absolutely couldn't believe it but I just don't know with this lot.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

It simply has to be wrong or we may as well wind things up. How much do we think he was on at Benfica? Second or third pro contract I'd guess, and first in Europe, not too out there to suggest it'd be a tenth of the figure we're quoted as paying him. I wish I absolutely couldn't believe it but I just don't know with this lot.

I'm sure I'd read he'd only played 17 times for Benfica so he can't have been on much can he? 

1 hour ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

That they hired the utter, utter clowns who call themselves sporting directors or whatever proves my point. And the electric fence was a great idea imo - deterrence works. Weakness invites the wolves! 🤪

Of course I agree...but again a question I can never seem to find the answer for..WHO recommended/suggested the less than dynam😹ic duo?