Chelsea owners and board

Max Fowler

Ownership buyout  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you want to have full ownership of the club?

• Eghbali and Clearlake
    • Todd Boehly
    • Mark Walter
    • Hansjörg Wyss

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/24 at 18:00

2 minutes ago, chara said:

Of course I agree...but again a question I can never seem to find the answer for..WHO recommended/suggested the less than dynam😹ic duo?

Well we will never know but they certainly won over Todd ‘n’ Eggy. What an utter comedy we are. Absolute joke of a club. And yet…IMO it can be fixed to a large degree imo. Kick out Laurel and Hardy (Lawrence and Winstanley) and get in a proper, ex-Chelsea man as sporting director.
👀💯🩶 🏢 

On 21/04/2024 at 14:25, Sciatika said:

According to Spotrac (you choose whether you believe it or not) Jackson gets 65K/week and Gusto on £45K/week. Our highest paid players are Sterling and Lukaku on £325K followed by Enzo (297K), James (250K). Palmer is a bargain at £75K.

Chelsea F.C. Player Contracts, Salaries, & Transactions | Spotrac

No idea if it's accurate but this says 180k for Enzo

https://www.capology.com/club/chelsea/salaries/

• Like 1

You're right. Enzo is on £180K/week. I think the average salary (£15.47m) does not match the actual salary (£9.36m). I think it must be a typo on the site. The rest are correct, at least according to Spotrac. E&OE as usual.

Edited by Sciatika
  • Like 1

Let this sink in:

We thought Chelsea [was] frankly an asset, a business that was not terribly well managed on the football side, sporting side or promotional side, so meaningful opportunity at the club and we’ll get to it for us, who needed the beachhead to then look at multi clubs. [We] looked at it and we think European sports is probably 20 years behind US sports in terms of sophistication on the commercial side, and sophistication on the data side.”

9 hours ago, east lower said:

“20 years behind US sports” - They’ve set us back 20 years. 

Well, their whole United States are more or less medieval compared to most of the countries on the planet. A country run by Kardashians and Trumps. Well done.

19 hours ago, Miguelito07 said:

Let this sink in:

We thought Chelsea [was] frankly an asset, a business that was not terribly well managed on the football side, sporting side or promotional side, so meaningful opportunity at the club and we’ll get to it for us, who needed the beachhead to then look at multi clubs. [We] looked at it and we think European sports is probably 20 years behind US sports in terms of sophistication on the commercial side, and sophistication on the data side.”

Surely it should be oh so easy for them as Americans to make us miles better?

So far it appears the American way is utterly catastrophic. I wouldn't trust this lot to run a bath, nevermind a football club.

• Agree 2

12 hours ago, east lower said:

Well, they can poke their views right up their ‘American’ backsides.  The PL has let foreign ownership run riot without control and ultimately it will be much for the worse. 

In particular the Americans have not generally been good owners for clubs or their fans. Wrexham being an exception, but money solves much more at that level and those guys seem not in it as an investment but as a ‘love project’ and are emotionally invested.

As much as I have wanted the coach out since very early on, I want the owners out and their minions. They’re not going to do a 180degree about turn in the ‘process’, way too arrogant for that. 

“20 years behind US sports” - They’ve set us back 20 years. 

Absolute charlatans. 💯👀😡💩

21 hours ago, Bison said:

I can only hope the environment at home games becomes properly toxic now. 

Why?! It's already utterly miserable being there. Unless you mean something different to what I think of when I hear "toxic". 

11 minutes ago, chara said:

OK..Now guys...I take the spirit of the views expressed regarding USA and I think we have owners with no awareness of what the game is and represents around the World...

BUT... with due respect..if ordinary people had not crossed the Atlantic to oppose Fascism we would all probably be speaking a different language and Europe would not look as it is now.

I live here and have done so for over 25 years....warts and all it is still a great,,if hard..country to live in and the real Americans are incredibly generous and kind hearted...look beyond the headlines (That goes for many countries)

In no way is this a political comment...please don't drag my friends and neighbours into an expression of the dissatisfaction with a USA based Business Operation.

💯💯💯💯💯 I LOVE the US and its people - I genuinely do. It’s a wonderful, beautiful country. 🇺🇸🩶

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, chara said:

OK..Now guys...I take the spirit of the views expressed regarding USA and I think we have owners with no awareness of what the game is and represents around the World...

BUT... with due respect..if ordinary people had not crossed the Atlantic to oppose Fascism we would all probably be speaking a different language and Europe would not look as it is now.

I live here and have done so for over 25 years....warts and all it is still a great,,if hard..country to live in and the real Americans are incredibly generous and kind hearted...look beyond the headlines (That goes for many countries)

In no way is this a political comment...please don't drag my friends and neighbours into an expression of the dissatisfaction with a USA based Business Operation.

I went to America once about twenty years ago and I was really impressed with how nice and genuine everyone I met was they were real salt of the earth, do anything to ensure you had a good time people. 

Loved the place, loved the people. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, asvaberg said:

Well, their whole United States are more or less medieval compared to most of the countries on the planet. A country run by Kardashians and Trumps. Well done.

Soros more like.  

10 hours ago, chara said:

My wife is American so I can confirm, they’re not all bad! 

12 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Why?! It's already utterly miserable being there. Unless you mean something different to what I think of when I hear "toxic". 

I want to see open revolt. We need to start seeing people sacked from their jobs, starting with the sporting directors. I think the only way that happens is if the supporters create a hostile environment for these charlatans that have come in and set us up for failure. 

6 hours ago, chrisb said:

Only been once and that was back in 2008. 
Was almost arrested due to an elderly couple with a pool view balcony and insomnia not enjoying the sight of the Royal Engineers naked synchronized swimming team having a drunken 5am practice. 

I still can’t understand why.

Yes ..there are still aspects of the American Psyche I struggle with!