Chelsea owners and board

Max Fowler

Ownership buyout  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you want to have full ownership of the club?

• Eghbali and Clearlake
    • Todd Boehly
    • Mark Walter
    • Hansjörg Wyss

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/24 at 18:00

13 hours ago, chara said:

Might explain in a small part the difference in the basic approach of our Overlords ?

You could also ask, how many time did the overlords going in front of the cameras when the team were not on such a good run this season.

Going to be interesting to see if the overlords have any influence on how the marketing / sponsorship side of players like Cole Palmer 

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, ROTG said:

You could also ask, how many time did the overlords going in front of the cameras when the team were not on such a good run this season.

I think his comments make it certain Poch will be here next season. He'd look a complete noob if he sacked him 3 ganes after praising the way the team is playing.

Pressure will be on him bigtime next season though and rightly so I guess. Pretty sure 4th place will be expected with anything less resulting in him leaving.  Will be interested to see what kind of contract he is offered if we do get 4th.  A 2 year extension  to try and win the title would be a fair one imho.

Edited by boratsbrother
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Hugely compromising us as a long-term asset to temporarily manage a short-term problem entirely of their making. I'm sure it's actually "genius", though.

One hopes this is not true, all those years of Uncle Ken & Roman making sure the club owned everything gone with 24 months to compensate for mismanagement of transfer funds.

Are these lot any better than the Glazers???

40 minutes ago, ROTG said:

One hopes this is not true, all those years of Uncle Ken & Roman making sure the club owned everything gone with 24 months to compensate for mismanagement of transfer funds.

It's true that the owners at least intend to sell Cobham from the club to BlueCo, the screenshots make that quite clear. We're being asset stripped and there isn't two ways about it. BlueCo owning our assets isn't clever accounting (not least because it doesn't seem clear it will actually fall within the profit and sustainability rules), it's Clearlake protecting itself and throwing the club to the wolves. It is something to be very, very worried about.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

"Prima facie this does not sound like a good idea. It moves tangible assets of huge value out of direct club ownership into a separate entity that may be controlled by the ultimate owner but not controlled by the club itself (if it were, then it'd be consolidated and therefore not count). This means that if the ownership group were to divest from Chelsea (the club) they can bankrupt the club but make off with the tangible assets of the club itself. Not saying that's what will happen, but it could and that worrying. The same thing happened with the hotels if I remember correctly. Moving tangible assets out of the club's direct ownership exposes the club to significant risk during financial hardship as we're just left with intangibles, which can fluctuate significantly in valuation."

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

Nope

51 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

It's true that the owners at least intend to sell Cobham from the club to BlueCo, the screenshots make that quite clear. We're being asset stripped and there isn't two ways about it. BlueCo owning our assets isn't clever accounting (not least because it doesn't seem clear it will actually fall within the profit and sustainability rules), it's Clearlake protecting itself and throwing the club to the wolves. It is something to be very, very worried about.

This was entirely predictable and without immediate and almost unparalleled  success on the pitch, was one of the only ways that their investment could be at least mitigated against loss. They're vultures (ala ruthless businessmen) and money is their god. 

20 minutes ago, Bones said:

Oh dear! 

Oh dear indeed.

If things go south now in terms of us continuing to be just a mediocre on the pitch team and not be turned into a Man City type winning machine, then we have a worrying future.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Just a note of caution that this story comes from a Man City fan with an agenda and this may not be what it looks like…

IMG_8772.jpeg

IMG_8773.jpeg

I am not going to pretend to be any kind of financial expert but I am curious to know what the "interpretation", and relatedly what alternative interpretations, could be. To the lay person, the screenshots show ownership of a club asset being moved outside of the club. That would be, in very literal terms, an asset being stripped. Anyone who isn't a lay person here?

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

I am not going to pretend to be any kind of financial expert but I am curious to know what the "interpretation", and relatedly what alternative interpretations, could be. To the lay person, the screenshots show ownership of a club asset being moved outside of the club. That would be, in very literal terms, an asset being stripped. Anyone who isn't a lay person here?

No difference to the stadium etc al being ring-fenced under Fordstam under Roman and let's not pretend that the hotels have a life-span beyond the next 2-3 years.  

3 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Looks that way unfortunately. I was under the assumption that Roman got guarantees as part of the sale that something like this couldn't happen. 

32 minutes ago, Ham said:

No difference to the stadium etc al being ring-fenced under Fordstam under Roman and let's not pretend that the hotels have a life-span beyond the next 2-3 years.  

First sentence, I genuinely am not following what you are saying. Did Fordstam own Chelsea assets separately from owning Chelsea? Not my understanding but again, not claiming expertise.

I haven't mentioned the hotels, never mind "pretended" anything about them.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

First sentence, I genuinely am not following what you are saying. Did Fordstam own Chelsea assets separately from owning Chelsea? Not my understanding but again, not claiming expertise.

I haven't mentioned the hotels, never mind "pretended" anything about them.

I was of the belief that there was a sub-company covering the property assets that had Fordstam in the name but maybe I'm wrong.  

On the second paragraph, wasn't saying that you were pretending anything.  That was more an observation on the bona fides of any transfer of ownership of an asset that has no future if we're redeveloping. 

Edited by Ham

5 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1898617/chelsea-womens-team-todd-boehly

Reports now that the owners are seeking to divest a stake in the women's team. Could be 2+2 bollocks, but there is a pattern here and it is not a good one.

Looks like they’d sell their grannies if it protected their investment.

Unless of course it’s all those naughty media types just making s**t up, but they appear to be naming names - albeit the one company who want to be kept informed but hasn’t confirmed an interest.

• Agree 1

I don't understand this. The Strasbourg squad's average age is 24.4, while Perrin is 25. Eight outfield players are older than Perrin, and there are only two under 20. Both are 19.