Chelsea owners and board

Max Fowler

Ownership buyout  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you want to have full ownership of the club?

• Eghbali and Clearlake
    • Todd Boehly
    • Mark Walter
    • Hansjörg Wyss

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/24 at 18:00

13 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

But stay up they did... 

I know absolutely nothing about them but I have seen them be used as a stick to beat our owners with by some in the media and elsewhere.

Interestingly since they were promoted they have finished 

15th, 11th, 11th, 15th, 6th, 15th, 13th (this season)

I just assumed they were a top team that had been taken to the brink of relegation this year....

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, martin1905 said:

I know absolutely nothing about them but I have seen them be used as a stick to beat our owners with by some in the media and elsewhere.

Interestingly since they were promoted they have finished 

15th, 11th, 11th, 15th, 6th, 15th, 13th (this season)

I just assumed they were a top team that had been taken to the brink of relegation this year....

And hasn't Santos been their best player?

1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

Sure, but he's hardly been the problem

Oh no.  Certainly not.  In fact, they should have been braver and trusted him earlier.  

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Ticket prices up 5%

Better than I expected

Yes, I feared far worse. I do think we're entering a period of 5% increases year on year, though.

My guess is 5% extra on ST revenue makes very little difference to our finances, feels a warm up exercise to me.

• Like 1

Chelsea’s owners with an end-of-season message (from yesterdays matchday programme).

“This has been a season brimmed with challenge and change. There have been some moments of frustration, many others to cherish, and countless reasons to be optimistic and excited for the years ahead.

“Today, we are focused on finishing the 2023/24 campaign as strongly as we can.

“The men's team are in their best form of the season and making a late push for European qualification today. While
that has been encouraging, please know our ambitions for the club are higher.

“We are now approaching the second anniversary since becoming custodians of this incredible club, and it remains an absolute privilege to hold that position. 

“Our promise to you, our loyal supporters, was to make you proud of Chelsea. The desire to achieve that burns stronger every day. 

“In order to fulfil that, we believe we need to be doing the following…

- Consistently winning or contending for the Premier League and Women's Super League titles.
- Consistently playing in the Champions League and competing for domestic cups.
- Consistently competing for titles across the youth age groups.
- Developing and discovering the next generation of footballing talent for the benefit of the club.
- Being responsible actors and contributors to our community, while meeting Financial Fair Play and other regulatory requirements.
- Earning the trust and confidence of our supporters. 

“Please know that everyone at the club is relentlessly focused on delivering that.

“On our men's side, progress can be seen in a team which has been rebuilt with careful planning. We have invested in highly talented players whose best years are ahead in order to bulld a sustainable team that competes at the very top. 

“We have seen that quality emerge and grow, with significant contributions from our Academy players. particularly since the beginning of the year. 

“While results may have fluctuated this season, the team's performance as a cohesive unit continues to improve, and Stamford Bridge is once again a venue that our rivals would rather avoid.

“And it is worth noting that even in this year of transition we have enjoyed two separate trips to Wembley, losing only by very fine margins. 

“Week after week, this talented team is bonding and building chemistry, while growing accustomed to top English competition.”

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

They’re about to appoint a 5th manager in 2 years, they have not got a shirt sponsor lined up for next season (after not having one ready for this season), it would appear they want to sell of our best homegrown players and I could add many more things to the list.

Smashing it!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

They’re about to appoint a 5th manager in 2 years, they have not got a shirt sponsor lined up for next season (after not having one ready for this season), it would appear they want to sell of our best homegrown players and I could add many more things to the list.

Smashing it!

Think of the continuity though.

37 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Smashing it!

We'll agree a shirt sponsorship after the fa cup final. 

We have deals lined up based on EL and ECL qualification. 

Terry knows the game that's being played here. No manager means they can sell useful players without interference in order to clear a path for the dummies they've signed. 

20240522_082512.jpg

15 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

They’re about to appoint a 5th manager in 2 years

3rd permanent appointment. 

I don't think anyone can claim they appointed Bruno as manager, and Lampard was obviously just a caretaker 

3 hours ago, Bison said:

Terry knows the game that's being played here. No manager means they can sell useful players without interference in order to clear a path for the dummies they've signed. 

20240522_082512.jpg

If you are playing devil's advocate, the board would be better off having a manager in place if and when they sell certain players, as it might shift the blame slightly. If they sell Gallagher (hypothetically) before a new man is in charge, the finger only points in one direction.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

3rd permanent appointment. 

I don't think anyone can claim they appointed Bruno as manager, and Lampard was obviously just a caretaker 

If you are playing devil's advocate, the board would be better off having a manager in place if and when they sell certain players, as it might shift the blame slightly. If they sell Gallagher (hypothetically) before a new man is in charge, the finger only points in one direction.

Not sure which manager would agree to be the face of a move that is sure to upset many supporters.

I think Pochettino demanding more say on transfers isn't about who is coming in so much as who he was being told to let go.

The club have been trying to sell Gallagher since last summer but he's just played 50 games out of possible 51 for Poch. You can see why they resent him.

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Bison said:

Not sure which manager would agree to be the face of a move that is sure to upset many supporters.

I think Pochettino demanding more say on transfers isn't about who is coming in so much as who he was being told to let go.

The club have been trying to sell Gallagher since last summer but he's just played 50 games out of possible 51 for Poch. You can see why they resent him.

I understand this angle I really do but we should also consider the other angle that Pochettino wasn't happy with whatever and actually wanted to go .

The media have been "selling" Gallagher all season , so far the club haven't , if he doesn't sign the extension then he'll have to go sadly. 

I wouldn't be at all surprised if someone has tapped Pochettino up so he's decided he wants to go. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bison said:

I get that. I am just saying, if I was the chairman, and I wanted to sell a player that the fans didn't want to sell, and I didn't want to get "rumbled", then I wouldn't do it when there was no coach. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Bison said:

The sporting directors who have created this situation are fully supported by the owners. 

Or we could not sign anyone and just keep Chalobah. Sell Hall, Maatsen and Broja then just buy a striker. 

This is tinkering for the sake of tinkering.

• Like 3

Been thinking about this and neither Chalobah or Gallagher need to go anywhere if they don’t want to. 

Chalobah has a good few years left on his deal and if he has the inclination, can simply say “I trust my ability and I’ll take my chances” 

Whereas Gallagher is arguably in an even stronger position because if he refused to leave this summer, he HAS to be offered a new contract before January otherwise we risk losing him for free and there’s no way the owners will allow that. 

Suspect they are both actually pretty relaxed 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chiswickblue said:

Or we could not sign anyone and just keep Chalobah. Sell Hall, Maatsen and Broja then just buy a striker. 

This is tinkering for the sake of tinkering.

No, you don't understand they have to sell capable academy grads for 'pure profit' so they can afford the yearly cost of the rubbish they sign.

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

Been thinking about this and neither Chalobah or Gallagher need to go anywhere if they don’t want to. 

Chalobah has a good few years left on his deal and if he has the inclination, can simply say “I trust my ability and I’ll take my chances” 

Whereas Gallagher is arguably in an even stronger position because if he refused to leave this summer, he HAS to be offered a new contract before January otherwise we risk losing him for free and there’s no way the owners will allow that. 

Suspect they are both actually pretty relaxed 

My hope is that Gallagher walks on a free next summer in order to teach these people a lesson. 

If I wa Gallagher's agent I'd be advising him the same thing. He'll be 25 years old, will have his pick of decent clubs with a big sign on bonus waiting for him.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bison said:

No, you don't understand they have to sell capable academy grads for 'pure profit' so they can afford the yearly cost of the rubbish they sign.

My hope is that Gallagher walks on a free next summer in order to teach these people a lesson. 

If I wa Gallagher's agent I'd be advising him the same thing. He'll be 25 years old, will have his pick of decent clubs with a big sign on bonus waiting for him.

Plus Chalobah can do what he always does: refuse the move, stay in the background, eventually earn a place in the team and make himself undroppable. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2