Chelsea owners and board

Max Fowler

Ownership buyout  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you want to have full ownership of the club?

• Eghbali and Clearlake
    • Todd Boehly
    • Mark Walter
    • Hansjörg Wyss

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/24 at 18:00

4 hours ago, chiswickblue said:

Plus Chalobah can do what he always does: refuse the move, stay in the background, eventually earn a place in the team and make himself undroppable. 

Chalobah won't remain "undroppable" though. He's a reasonable player but by no means is he a solution to any of our problems either. In fact, one of his biggest weaknesses as a player hinder us as a whole - aerial ability. 

He is however a good utility player that's capable across two defensive positions and a defensive midfield role at a push. There is a ceiling to his usefulness and as such there will be a price in which selling him does make sense. The key is to make sure whoever does arrive at CB in the summer, irrespective of if Chalobah (or others) is/are sold, is that we're signing first team calibre candidates that amend the defensive skillset we're deficient in. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Still no front of shirt sponsor sorted for next season. Assuming the summer tour will be played with the 23/24 kit which is pretty embarrassing. 

From an ownership group that boasted of their commercial prowess (and put down the previous regime for their lack of it) it really is funny just how much they've devalued the brand. 

For the second year in a row they find themselves scrambling to find a sponsor, so much so they cannot release next season's kit as many other clubs have already done. 

Edited by Bison
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bison said:

Still no front of shirt sponsor sorted for next season. Assuming the summer tour will be played with the 23/24 kit which is pretty embarrassing. 

From an ownership group that boasted of their commercial prowess (and put down the previous regime for their lack of it) it really is funny just how much they've devalued the brand. 

For the second year in a row they find themselves scrambling to find a sponsor, so much so they cannot release next season's kit as many other clubs have already done. 

I can understand that the club are waiting to see whether we're in Europe next season or decide to give it a swerve but what is really galling about this is the very thing they were supposed to be bringing to the table, being American was the ability to maximise revenue inwards and they appear to be utterly hopeless in that respect. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Bison said:

Infinite Athlete will remain on the shirts, imo. We aren't going to attract anyone stupid enough to pay the money we're holding out for.

Getting rid of the "President of Business" has worked about as well as getting rid of the coaches. 

• Agree 2

52 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Conference League football may not attract anyone willing to pay too much. Poch probably pleased to be away from the circus.

Tbh, I think there'd be very little in it between what sponsors would pay for a Europa League and Conference League club. As far as money goes, it is all about the Champions League and I'd be amazed if the frankly minimal difference in football prestige was mirrored by the finances. 

Way to go Clownlake or whatever they call themselves. Three years ago we were Champions league winners, two years ago we were World Club winners and Super Cup winners. Now we're pimping around the darkest depths of Europe playing in the Black & Decker Costco Tena Pants Cup. Marvellous, well done. Cannot wait for your next trick.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, blueboy1905 said:

Way to go Clownlake or whatever they call themselves. Three years ago we were Champions league winners, two years ago we were World Club winners and Super Cup winners. Now we're pimping around the darkest depths of Europe playing in the Black & Decker Costco Tena Pants Cup. Marvellous, well done. Cannot wait for your next trick.

I think the UK government were the main architect of our demise. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, blueboy1905 said:

They’ve really, REALLY screwed it up. If they’d done all the changes over 3 windows I honestly think we’d be much better off and maybe even Potter would have grown into the role. But here we are. Seems to me that ClearFuck or whatever their name is thought they knew best. 

14 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think the UK government were the main architect of our demise. 

Hmmm, did Boris sign Sterling on a ridiculous contract, that donkey Koulibaly and a cripple named Fofanny. To be followed by Rishi spunking up £1 billion on a collection of players, the majority of which are still trying to work out what they are doing. I do blame Liz Truss for sacking TT and appointing Graham Potter !!!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, blueboy1905 said:

Hmmm, did Boris sign Sterling on a ridiculous contract, that donkey Koulibaly and a cripple named Fofanny. To be followed by Rishi spunking up £1 billion on a collection of players, the majority of which are still trying to work out what they are doing. I do blame Liz Truss for sacking TT and appointing Graham Potter !!!

None of it would have happened if a government awash with dirty money hadn't tried to appear to be tough. Boris Johnson's Mrs was the chair of Conservative friends of Russia but we were the ones who were punished 

• Like 2

Just now, Mark Kelly said:

None of it would have happened if a government awash with dirty money hadn't tried to appear to be tough. Boris Johnson's Mrs was the chair of Conservative friends of Russia but we were the ones who were punished 

Don't get me wrong, we were truly fucked over in a massive virtual signalling power play which made absolutely no difference at all to the war. However our new owners inherited a Top 4 club with an elite manager, a very healthy bank balance which just needed a pair of safe hands to steady the ship and cement our position as a Top 4 club. Instead we got an American version of Michael Carroll, a cretin who won £9 million on the lottery and blew the whole lot in short shrift to end up living in his car !!!

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, blueboy1905 said:

OK...you know exactly what Mark was refering to....a big smile at your post 😁but it all started from HMG.

Had not seen your last post as I posted and .of course. you are spot on.

If HMG's chest beating gesture had actually made a difference perhaps we would all have reluctantly accepted the inevitable but as it is.....................................

We got unlucky in the new ownership as appears so far...let's hope against hope things will improve ...power struggles at that level do happen and maybe,just maybe. things will fall the sensible side of the playing field,

Edited by chara

It may be worth pointing out that the main instigator seeking to get Abramovich sanctioned was the member for Rhonda (I use the phrase advisedly).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, blueboy1905 said:

Don't get me wrong, we were truly fucked over in a massive virtual signalling power play which made absolutely no difference at all to the war. However our new owners inherited a Top 4 club with an elite manager, a very healthy bank balance which just needed a pair of safe hands to steady the ship and cement our position as a Top 4 club. Instead we got an American version of Michael Carroll, a cretin who won £9 million on the lottery and blew the whole lot in short shrift to end up living in his car !!!

Michael Carroll 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

8 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I can understand that the club are waiting to see whether we're in Europe next season or decide to give it a swerve but what is really galling about this is the very thing they were supposed to be bringing to the table, being American was the ability to maximise revenue inwards and they appear to be utterly hopeless in that respect. 

It's now been confirmed we're in a European tournament playing the likes of Ordabasy, Borac Banja Luka and Jagiellonia Białystok. Looking forward to hearing Clearlake are in heavy negotiations with Lidl, Sports Direct and a Chinese bet maker. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Bison said:

It's now been confirmed we're in a European tournament playing the likes of Ordabasy, Borac Banja Luka and Jagiellonia Białystok. Looking forward to hearing Clearlake are in heavy negotiations with Lidl, Sports Direct and a Chinese bet maker. 

You put some respect on Lidl's name.

Tbf, I go into my local one occasionally to grab milk and bread and always come out having bought about 20 things I don't need for £40 more than I needed to spend, so they'd be a perfect brand partner.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

You put some respect on Lidl's name.

Tbf, I go into my local one occasionally to grab milk and bread and always come out having bought about 20 things I don't need for £40 more than I needed to spend, so they'd be a perfect brand partner.

Ha, to be fair Lidl isn't that bad. Aldi too. Only recently became aware just how much Tesco has been rinsing me. 

19 minutes ago, Bison said:

Ha, to be fair Lidl isn't that bad. Aldi too. Only recently became aware just how much Tesco has been rinsing me. 

The way I look at is we know German food laws are very stringent more so than ours so the quality of the produce is high it's just the prices are low it's because their range is pared back in comparison to Tesco. Tesco have forty cereals, Aldi and Lidl have five etc etc. 

I'm a big fan of Aldi as they do loads of delicious vegan things and Lidl do amazing apple turnovers! 

• Haha 1

"When we bought the Dodgers in 2013 we started 15 and 25, but we kind of just kept sticking to the plan because we believed that it was right. And we went through a similar thing with Chelsea.“

What the hell is Todd Bohely talking here? When he bought Chelsea we were fresh CL winners 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️