Chelsea owners and board

Max Fowler

Ownership buyout  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you want to have full ownership of the club?

• Eghbali and Clearlake
    • Todd Boehly
    • Mark Walter
    • Hansjörg Wyss

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/24 at 18:00

16 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

You put some respect on Lidl's name.

Tbf, I go into my local one occasionally to grab milk and bread and always come out having bought about 20 things I don't need for £40 more than I needed to spend, so they'd be a perfect brand partner.

We've been doing our shopping online recently as we've been so busy but decided to go last week, not sure if it's Lidl or Aldi we went to, we've been to both many times but I can never tell the difference, whatever one it was has a home bargains next door.

The problem with both shops is their snacks,  not a problem for me but I have two teenage boys who don't like thier 'knock off snacks and drinks' hence going to Home Bargains too.

The best 'knock off snacks and drinks' by far was Professor Peppy, their version of Dr Pepper, which is one of my boys favourite drinks. It was so bad though it was comical but the name is now legendary in my household.

Anyway, we went to Lidl/Aldi and home bargains for two reasons. Firstly I genuinely like their products, especially their meat, we normally get it from the buthers if we shop online but as we were there we bought it because, reason two for going was to save some money.

We came away spending £220 in the two shops, normally try to get our shopping done for £150 a week so completely over spent, ended up with far too much food and loads of stuff we just didn't need.

• Agree 2

20 hours ago, Bison said:

It's now been confirmed we're in a European tournament playing the likes of Ordabasy, Borac Banja Luka and Jagiellonia Białystok. Looking forward to hearing Clearlake are in heavy negotiations with Lidl, Sports Direct and a Chinese bet maker. 

Ordabasy is a great name though to be fair. In Turkish it's Ordubaşı. "Head of the Horde". 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, martin1905 said:

We've been doing our shopping online recently as we've been so busy but decided to go last week, not sure if it's Lidl or Aldi we went to, we've been to both many times but I can never tell the difference, whatever one it was has a home bargains next door.

The problem with both shops is their snacks,  not a problem for me but I have two teenage boys who don't like thier 'knock off snacks and drinks' hence going to Home Bargains too.

The best 'knock off snacks and drinks' by far was Professor Peppy, their version of Dr Pepper, which is one of my boys favourite drinks. It was so bad though it was comical but the name is now legendary in my household.

Anyway, we went to Lidl/Aldi and home bargains for two reasons. Firstly I genuinely like their products, especially their meat, we normally get it from the buthers if we shop online but as we were there we bought it because, reason two for going was to save some money.

We came away spending £220 in the two shops, normally try to get our shopping done for £150 a week so completely over spent, ended up with far too much food and loads of stuff we just didn't need.

The big danger in Aldi is the middle aisle with the man toys.  I can never tell the difference between "want" and "need" in the middle aisle. 

• Haha 2

On 26/05/2024 at 15:31, chara said:

@martin1905....

In our family circle....as instigated by my eldest niece and adopted by the female members on all sides....

Elizabeth's very clever husband is not allowed to shop on his own because.."He gets distracted by shiny things".

Like Todd’n’Eggy. 🤡🌎✌️🧨

• Like 1

Think we legitimately have the worst two people managing the football affairs of the club and their work is overseen by somebody who knows absolutely nothing about the sport. 

Posted (edited)

I read the article, and while I don't generally go to the Daily Mail for football analysis, they seemed positive about both Maresca and the process W&S have been through or, at least, more positive than I would be predisposed to be). They seem to say that Eghbali is simply making himself available in case they need him. I would hope that to be the case. He is only mentioned once in passing in the article, so it is hard to be sure. You may be right about W&S being the worst people. I want them to take responsibility for their decisions. There has to be jeopardy in getting it wrong. I want them to say, if this does not work, it is on us and we resign. Otherwise, they seem like the worst kind of middle-management wasters.

https://archive.ph/F1KiF

Edited by Sciatika
  • Like 1

Just some post season thoughts,,,motives.... why did Todd and Co bid for Chelsea ?,,a focus,,not a real question.

IF say,,,Me, Mark and Ham decided with our vast wealth to bid for Chelsea and were bidding against..Jane, Sam and Sciatika and their equally vast financial empire with a late bid from BobS ROTG and xceleryx with their shadowy connections to figures hiding in the gloom added to their huge financial network...

Now..the motive for each group would be to bring success to the Club we all relate to and have followed for years,,,not wishing to lose investment funds  but with probably different views of how to bring about the change of fortune we all desire.

THE MOTIVE WOULD BE FOR THE GOOD OF CHELSEA.

Since the Mears days I can only think of one person with controlling interests who really cared about Chelsea as OUR Club.

That my friends, is something to ponder over and cause concern.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Sciatika said:

I read the article, and while I don't generally go to the Daily Mail for football analysis, they seemed positive about both Maresca and the process W&S have been through or, at least, more positive than I would be predisposed to be). They seem to say that Eghbali is simply making himself available in case they need him. I would hope that to be the case. He is only mentioned once in passing in the article, so it is hard to be sure. You may be right about W&S being the worst people. I want them to take responsibility for their decisions. There has to be jeopardy in getting it wrong. I want them to say, if this does not work, it is on us and we resign. Otherwise, they seem like the worst kind of middle-management wasters.

https://archive.ph/F1KiF

Are there any other sort of middle-management these days??

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Hilarious stuff , I loved Ken Bates , I wrote to the club once years ago complaining about the "Midnight blue" Umbro strip and he actually wrote back to me with an explanation.  A proper custodian of the club in my opinion , we had some wild times under his stewardship. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Don’t suppose we could get him back? Hmm … thought so … shame … his program notes were classic. He was a proper owner.

I used to know a police dog handler in the days of electric fences, who couldn’t wait to turn them on ….

• Like 1
  • Love 1

53 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Don’t suppose we could get him back? Hmm … thought so … shame … his program notes were classic. He was a proper owner.

I used to know a police dog handler in the days of electric fences, who couldn’t wait to turn them on ….

I don’t blame them. I’d have done the same to those disgusting, often NF-supporting wankers. They weren’t Chelsea fans imo; just scum. 💯💀🫡

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Followed the link and saw this piece of classic Sun 'journalism':

Chelsea announce exits of three stars 

Which was the headline for this story:

Silva, who will return to Fluminense as a free agent, joins Josh Brooking and Noah Hay in leaving Chelsea.

The person who wrote that does not have the greatest command of English:

Chelsea are believed to been keen on keeping Gallagher

• Haha 1

Very funny interview with Bates. Great to see his mind and wit are as sharp as ever at the age of 92:

“I wanted to be a footballer — I didn’t drink, smoke or go with girls.

“When I was 20 I realised I’d wasted my f***ing youth!”

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Ham said:

Not sure if this is the end of the matter because they're was still the issue over fair market value

From what I understand, it means we have avoid breaching the PSR limit by selling the two hotels and car parks at Stamford Bridge to a sister company for £76.5m. It means for 22/23 we lost £89.9m, which is under the limit and so we won’t HAVE to sell anyone by 30th June.

49 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

From what I understand, it means we have avoid breaching the PSR limit by selling the two hotels and car parks at Stamford Bridge to a sister company for £76.5m. It means for 22/23 we lost £89.9m, which is under the limit and so we won’t HAVE to sell anyone by 30th June.

And would this subsequently mean that signing players to new deals is likely to be better done in the next financial period, as those costs will be placed there and not in the current period impacting our PSR situation? 

If so, this could also possibly explain a delay in Gallaghers contract situation? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xceleryx said:

And would this subsequently mean that signing players to new deals is likely to be better done in the next financial period, as those costs will be placed there and not in the current period impacting our PSR situation? 

If so, this could also possibly explain a delay in Gallaghers contract situation? 

Yeah, I think so. Someone on here mentioned that as a possibility yesterday (sorry, can’t remember who). It does seem to be a potential reason for why nothing has been signed and also why neither side has said anything or seemingly been feeding things to the media. Let’s hope so, anyway.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ham said:

Not sure if this is the end of the matter because they're was still the issue over fair market value

Two reputable independent property valuers with extensive experience assessed the properties' value. I think the EPL would have trouble questioning those values. Matt Law spoke about it in a recent LiB pod.