Chelsea owners and board

Max Fowler

Ownership buyout  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you want to have full ownership of the club?

• Eghbali and Clearlake
    • Todd Boehly
    • Mark Walter
    • Hansjörg Wyss

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/24 at 18:00

@Sciatika,,,unfortunately the article comes up for me with only the headline and opening paragraph and then the "pay up" to read on notice.

Proves once again how correct HMG were to make an example of RA and their added punishment trying to destroy his benign Chelsea indulgence.... and what a difference their brave noble action made.

19 minutes ago, chara said:

@Sciatika,,,unfortunately the article comes up for me with only the headline and opening paragraph and then the "pay up" to read on notice.

Proves once again how correct HMG were to make an example of RA and their added punishment trying to destroy his benign Chelsea indulgence.... and what a difference their brave noble action made.

I managed to read the article in the link and there was specific reference to Roman as regards being the prime influence in brokering the deal for the exchange. 

Indeed, there’s been a raft of articles written about Western based commercial organisations who are still operating in Russia and are reluctant to remove themselves as the costs of exit are high.

Not a penalty for them in sight . Unilever being one of the largest still doing business.

• Angry 1

12 minutes ago, east lower said:

I managed to read the article in the link and there was specific reference to Roman as regards being the prime influence in brokering the deal for the exchange. 

Indeed, there’s been a raft of articles written about Western based commercial organisations who are still operating in Russia and are reluctant to remove themselves as the costs of exit are high.

Not a penalty for them in sight . Unilever being one of the largest still doing business.

Sorry,,,,, Unilever,,,must be the original overseas financial laundering avenue !

🤣🤣🛁🧼

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, east lower said:

Sooooo Roman was (as usual) the good guy? 👀🙃💯

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, chara said:

Sorry,,,,, Unilever,,,must be the original overseas financial laundering avenue !

🤣🤣🛁🧼

Boom!! 

Magnum ice creams is one of theirs, that earns them plenty. 

Burger King are another company.

Bentley and Rolls Royce selling to Russia friendly countries and then cars moved into Russia. 

You and I know why it happened to Chelsea, but that’s venturing into a no-fly zone!!

Edited by east lower
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Sooooo Roman was (as usual) the good guy? 👀🙃💯

Im sure the cynics will paint it as primarily getting Russians released back to their mother country and not as being the deal maker.

• Like 1

On 06/08/2024 at 15:42, east lower said:

https://leave-russia.org/staying-companies There are many and some big names

16 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I know, yawn yawn yawn, but careful we don’t creep into politics, please. Thanks!

I know. It’s borderline possibly?? But there’s double standards at play, more representation of that than political, but by nature has a slight leaning. From my perspective that was it from me. 

👍

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, east lower said:

I know. It’s borderline possibly?? But there’s double standards at play, more representation of that than political, but by nature has a slight leaning. From my perspective that was it from me. 

👍

Yeah, nothings been said I would be concerned about, but it’s easy to fall into a political discussion/debate, that’s all I was warning of. 

Personally, I’d love to grab a pint and have a proper discussion about it all, I have plenty of thoughts and opinions on the matter! 

Just now, My Blood Is Blue said:

Yeah, nothings been said I would be concerned about, but it’s easy to fall into a political discussion/debate, that’s all I was warning of. 

Personally, I’d love to grab a pint and have a proper discussion about it all, I have plenty of thoughts and opinions on the matter! 

I suspect there’s a good few of us that feel the same.

• Agree 4

8 minutes ago, Bison said:

Starting the season without a sponsor. Monumental failure two years running. 

In what way is it a monumental fail?

It's not like not having a sponsor at the beginning of last season has affected our spending this summer.

There is no doubt they could get a sponsor but they want it on their terms, by the sounds of it a short term deal as the hope is next year we will qualify for Europe so will command a more lucrative deal.

Not backing down to big corporate companies should be applauded. I absolutely love the fact that the club are happy not to have a sponsor to make sure we get what's right for us in the long term.

Edited by martin1905

30 minutes ago, Bison said:

Starting the season without a sponsor. Monumental failure two years running. 

It's idiocy from a company that was supposed to be good at exactly this sort of thing and got in a few digs at the previous regime accusing them of not selling the club better. 

Bellends. 

• Agree 2

20 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

In what way is it a monumental fail?

It's not like not having a sponsor at the beginning of last season has affected our spending this summer.

There is no doubt they could get a sponsor but they want it on their terms, by the sounds of it a short term deal as the hope is next year we will qualify for Europe so will command a more lucrative deal.

Not backing down to big corporate companies should be applauded. I absolutely love the fact that the club are happy not to have a sponsor to make sure we get what's right for us in the long term.

We are a big corporate company, though. This isn't a little guy taking on Goliath. 

I think there's huge doubt we can get a sponsor, because it's two years in a row that we haven't been able to do it. At best we can say we've overvalued a product because our actions have tanked that product's value over the last two years. This is essentially free money, and there won't be car parks to sell every year.

The club pays people, lots of them and some of them astronomical wages, to sort this stuff out. And they haven't, and it seems can't. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

We are a big corporate company, though. This isn't a little guy taking on Goliath. 

I think there's huge doubt we can get a sponsor, because it's two years in a row that we haven't been able to do it. At best we can say we've overvalued a product because our actions have tanked that product's value over the last two years. This is essentially free money, and there won't be car parks to sell every year.

The club pays people, lots of them and some of them astronomical wages, to sort this stuff out. And they haven't, and it seems can't. 

So you genuinely think we can't get a sponsor, of any type? There's not a single company out there that will sponsor us? We'd be literally the only top level professional football team in the history of the game not to be able to get a sponsor. 

I think it's much more likely that they want a certain amount of money and that money is not available whilst we languish in mid table. Rather than agree to a long term deal they want a shorter option, which I think is more than reasonable.

We could, absolutely no doubt, get a sponsor, but on lesser terms than we want. Looking at the top deals at the moment...

City £67.5m

Liverpool £50m

United £47.5m

Tottenham £40m

Arsenal £40m

Newcastle £25m

West Ham £10m

Thr really interesting one is Newcastle who's deal started last season. Before that and being in the champions league they were getting £5m a season. Quite a big jump.

Now, should we agree a multi year deal at say £10-20m a season now or try to hold off another year and hopefully be in the champions league, which there is no doubt the club are planning on and get a much, much larger sponsorship deal? 

We're not talking a few million here, we are talking 10's of millions of pounds. Per season. 

Edited by martin1905
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

So you genuinely think we can't get a sponsor, of any type? There's not a single company out there that will. sponsor us? We'd be literally the only top level professional football team in the history of the game not to be able to get a sponsor. 

I think it's much more likely that they want a certain amount of money and that money is not available whilst we languish in mid table. Rather than agree to a long term deal they want a shorter option, which I think is more than reasonable.

We could, absolutely no doubt, get a sponsor, but on lesser terms than we want. Looking at the top deals at the moment...

City £67.5m

Liverpool £50m

United £47.5m

Tottenham £40m

Arsenal £40m

Newcastle £25m

West Ham £10m

Thr really interesting one is Newcastle who's deal started last season. Before that and being in the champions league they were getting £5m a season. Quite a big jump.

Now, should we agree a multi year deal at say £10-20m a season now or try to hold off another year and hopefully be in the champions league, which there is no doubt the club are planning on? 

We're not talking a few million here, we are talking 10's of millions of pounds. Per season. 

That £67.5m needs a massive asterisk next to it. Liverpool and United are the true measure. 

Edited by Ham
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

So you genuinely think we can't get a sponsor, of any type? There's not a single company out there that will sponsor us? We'd be literally the only top level professional football team in the history of the game not to be able to get a sponsor. 

Getting into semantics here. Of course we could get a sponsor if we weren't at all bothered by what the deal was.

But it isn't happenstance that we can't get a deal consumerate with the club's perception of what it is worth. This isn't something we struggled with prior to these owners arriving, and we agreed some highly lucrative deals during that time so weren't just taking whatever was going.

Your figures are exactly why this now repeated failure is a huge issue. That's tens of millions of pounds behind who we want to compete with, before a ball is even kicked. 

In the past, we've had a price and been able to demonstrate we're value for it. Now we aren't value for it. We're through the looking glass if we start congratulating the owners on holding out for a deal they've made it impossible for us to get.

• Agree 4