Chelsea owners and board

Max Fowler

Ownership buyout  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you want to have full ownership of the club?

• Eghbali and Clearlake
    • Todd Boehly
    • Mark Walter
    • Hansjörg Wyss

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/24 at 18:00

1 hour ago, Bison said:

What they want you to believe:

The reality (agent fees in 23/24):

89b943db-f5bd-4cc0-99dc-c943765391e5.thumb.webp.c07244fc30ff54b986aea03da29830a5.webp

This raises a point i hadn't considered about all this player trading. Taking Angelo as an example we made about £6m profit, but how much of that went on agents fees across his purchase and sale. 

Going by those figures we have to sell 2 Gallagher a season just to cover agents fees. I imagine they want a large chunk when their clients are getting locked in on such long contracts, and again when we renew them a year later.

Would be interested to see the agents fees compare as a % of transfer spend though as we clearly spent more than any other team

4 hours ago, east lower said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cx2y6kdk4z0o

Look into the future, if this lot get wind that they can possibly earn more money than they’ve got coming in by fleecing fans and spectators then they will.

Slightly worrying, especially if Todd or Eggy get a £multi-million divorce settlement against them.

I just wish they’d fuck off tbh

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Bison said:

Another one bites the dust.

If I recall correctly he was brought in specifically to get a front of shirt sponsor.

...and he was only in post for a short time?  🤦‍♂️

Edited by Miguelito07
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Bison said:

Another one bites the dust.

If I recall correctly he was brought in specifically to get a front of shirt sponsor.

No great loss to anyone if that is the case.  The way they've failed so comprehensively on that front (and finding other revenue streams from sponsorships or even maintaining old ones) is pretty concerning.  

• Agree 4

One does wonder how they haven't looked around Football itself for a CEO type they can explain their plan and wishes to and then appoint someone more suited to the industry?  Might be a lot better in terms of dealing with sponsors, agents, other execs etc? 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

In that case, good riddance, he’s failed.

20 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Well , he's failed as badly as anyone possibly could so good. 

Winstanley and Stewart must have recruited him! 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Bert19 said:

One does wonder how they haven't looked around Football itself for a CEO type they can explain their plan and wishes to and then appoint someone more suited to the industry?  Might be a lot better in terms of dealing with sponsors, agents, other execs etc? 

I think you have sort of answered the question yourself. The Yank's plan and wishes contradict proper footballing ideology - football isn't NFL, NBA, MLB or even their "soccer" version, but nonetheless for the last 3yrs they have been trying to Americanise our club along the lines of their own sports. They clearly don't understand English football, the culture, or us fans, and so an archtypal CEO wouldn't understand their vision or be able to implement it.

Edited by KingThistle
  • Agree 1

"We thought Chelsea [was] frankly an asset, a business that was not terribly well managed on the football side, sporting side or promotional side"

As if Eghbali had the sheer guts to say this two years ago 🤣

Every single major appointment since he's made the comment has been a massive failure:

Damian Willoughby - Director
Tom Glick - Director
Potter - Manager
Vivell - Sporting director
Gilbert Enoka - Who knows what the hell he was
Lampard - Interim Manager
Goldstein & Smith - In charge of Stadium Redevelopment - Gone

Pochettino - Manager
Jurasek - Director

Soon enough you we'll add Maresca to this list as we continue to slip further and further away from the top teams.