Chelsea owners and board

Max Fowler

Ownership buyout  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you want to have full ownership of the club?

• Eghbali and Clearlake
    • Todd Boehly
    • Mark Walter
    • Hansjörg Wyss

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/24 at 18:00

19 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

I refuse to get my knickers in a twist over this. Roman ain’t coming back. We need to deal with it. Neither Egbali or Boehly are the devil incarnate. They clearly have different ideas on recruitment, the stadium and other stuff.  Boehly seems to care more about the club which is why I voted for him. But he wanted to keep Poch and that wasn’t a great idea , so lots of swings and roundabouts here. 
Things are leaking to media all over and it will give me a head fck if I try to come to conclusions that I clearly don’t have the details on. 
If results go the right way and the team performs it’s all I can be bothered with tbh. 

Thank you!!!

2 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

I refuse to get my knickers in a twist over this. Roman ain’t coming back. We need to deal with it. Neither Egbali or Boehly are the devil incarnate. They clearly have different ideas on recruitment, the stadium and other stuff.  Boehly seems to care more about the club which is why I voted for him. But he wanted to keep Poch and that wasn’t a great idea , so lots of swings and roundabouts here. 
Things are leaking to media all over and it will give me a head fck if I try to come to conclusions that I clearly don’t have the details on. 
If results go the right way and the team performs it’s all I can be bothered with tbh. 

But we’re not going to perform nobly. The head is rotting from the top. It’s not about getting your knickers in a twist - it’s just about realising that this supposed project Is absolute chaos behind the scenes and is at a critical fork in the road

I actually feel sorry for Maresca because his impossible job has been made even more impossible. There’s no way we’re gonna get top four after this news.

2 hours ago, McCreadie said:

Well it does in as much as TB has had as many transfer successes and mistakes as BE. My point was that that is a very bad metric to be judging them on. I'm not sure anyone here has enough knowledge of either to even guess at judging them against each other.

Let alone be right...

I mean that athletic article was pretty revealing about the differences between them. I don’t think anybody is taking strong sides either way in favour of either party - rather trying to work out what would happen if either of them took over sole control

1 hour ago, Max Fowler said:

But we’re not going to perform nobly. The head is rotting from the top. It’s not about getting your knickers in a twist - it’s just about realising that this supposed project Is absolute chaos behind the scenes and is at a critical fork in the road

I actually feel sorry for Maresca because his impossible job has been made even more impossible. There’s no way we’re gonna get top four after this news.

No it’s not worked Max. My knickers are not only untwisted , but they are in a very straight and orderly position. It will all come out in the wash ( not my knickers I should clarify)  and we shall move forward from there. We are three games in with a defeat , a draw and a win.  After 10 games we will have a better idea where we are on the pitch. We are a huge club and there are some huge egos battling for control. Put them in a room, lock the door and see who walks out. I suggest none of us  waste too many pixels over it until we know more than just gossip. 
Now it’s time for my Ovoltine and cookies. 

Edited by NoblyBobly
  • Like 4

Laughing out loud. Those fools hired Pochettino after an exhaustive search last year and publicly praised themselves for all the effort that went into appointing him. 

At what point are they going to be held accountable? 

6 minutes ago, Bison said:

Laughing out loud. Those fools hired Pochettino after an exhaustive search last year and publicly praised themselves for all the effort that went into appointing him. 

At what point are they going to be held accountable? 

If we had started the season under Poch with 3 straight defeats , I expect you would written the exact same post . 

8 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

No it’s not worked Max. My knickers are not only untwisted , but they are in a very straight and orderly position. It will all come out in the wash ( not my knickers I should clarify)  and we shall move forward from there. We are three games in with a defeat , a draw and a win.  After 10 games we will have a better idea where we are on the pitch. We are a huge club and there are some huge egos battling for control. Put them in a room, lock the door and see who walks out. I suggest none of us  waste too many pixels over it until we know more than just gossip. 
Now it’s time for my Ovoltine and cookies. 

No Bobly -

We're now three SEASONS into this failed project and nothing looks like its changing, rather this news reveals precisely why we are such a failing "big club"

Each season we will say we're just three games in!!! Have some patience!!! Until we reach 20 seasons under Clearlake and we're no longer a big club.

• Agree 1

I happened to go back to last September and read a lot of the related posts on this topic,,,some very good long posts looking deeply into the situation at the top...reading through with 20/20 it's not difficult to see how Chelsea has got to the stage, board room and fan base, it has and whilst I think back then we all were thinking in the long term with the setup the 20/20 hindsight shows a far different possibility.

Added ,,a lot of the posts could be reprinted here and still be relevant.

4 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

No Bobly -

We're now three SEASONS into this failed project and nothing looks like its changing, rather this news reveals precisely why we are such a failing "big club"

Each season we will say we're just three games in!!! Have some patience!!! Until we reach 20 seasons under Clearlake and we're no longer a big club.

Yes Max.

And stop telling me how I should feel because its really getting  on my tits. I have an emotional connection to the club but I haven’t invested billions of pounds into it. 

And I’m concerned for your blood pressure. 

Just now, NoblyBobly said:

Yes Max.

And stop telling me how I should feel because its really getting  on my tits. I have an emotional connection to the club but I haven’t invested billions of pounds into it. 

Indeed NB...This Too Shall Pass,

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Yes Max.

I never told you how to think nb - agree to disagree 🫡

5 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

I think his point was that we have had two seasons . 3 games doth not make a season. 

Yep and I said we are three seasons in, which we are , not three full seasons, but we’re arguing over semantics rather than the reality of our continued failure which is only likely to be prolonged by this news  🙂

3 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Yep and I said we are three seasons in, which we are , not three full seasons, but we’re arguing over semantics rather than the reality of our continued failure which is only likely to be prolonged by this news  🙂

We are not 3 seasons in. 
We are 2 seasons in.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

We are not 3 seasons in. 
We are 2 seasons in.

Unless City have already won it on goal difference and my home town of Brighton are in the CL! 
When we get to Xmas we will be 2 1/2 seasons in. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

We are not 3 seasons in. 
We are 2 seasons in.

We have a different definition. “Three seasons in” can mean IN the third season.

We are in the third season. Season 3. Two full seasons of failure and into a third which is failing.

If you interested in debating the footballing reality of that let me know. Not interested in any more discussion about our different understandings of language- no offence 👍

Edited by Max Fowler

1 minute ago, Max Fowler said:

We have a different definition. “Three seasons in” can mean IN the third season.

We are 2 seasons in.

As Nobly said so eloquently, and I quote “When we get to Xmas, we will be 2 1/2 seasons in”.

11 hours ago, Bert19 said:

Surely Clearlake will stick two fingers up at the PL if they try to blast us though?  The new owners self-reported financial irregularities in good faith.  Punishing them for something they had zero control over seems pretty ridiculous 

Irregularities that the Govt, PL, FA & UEFA managed to miss by the way.  And our accounts were scrutinised during the sale process. More than other clubs. 

If we're punished heavily now then it feels a bit like moving into a new house, finding bodies buried in the garden, reporting it to the Police and their response is to charge you with the murder.  

Look, you would hope there's an understanding that there's a disconnect between prior ownership and current, but who knows how those in charge of the matter see it. It could just be simply viewed as the club, irrespective of who owned it at the time, being responsible and that's that. 

I expect some form of punishment, but not anything outlandish that would hinder us too significantly. Then again, I'm sure we'll be made an example of as usual.

On 07/09/2024 at 21:44, Max Fowler said:

I don’t want to rub it in, but there are certain fans and certain posters on here who have been effectively arguing, “this was all part of the new owners’ plan” this whole time, any time things shit seemed to be hitting the fan. 

I therefore can’t help feeling a bit of smugness at this news, or was this all part of Todd and Clearlake’s grand master project too? Y3 Q1: The Great Falling Out

It’s to be expected really. At the end of the day they are no more than a handful of amateurs. It is so visible in virtually every decision they’ve made. 

I’m genuinely worried where this will take us. 

• Agree 2