Chelsea owners and board

Max Fowler

Ownership buyout  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you want to have full ownership of the club?

• Eghbali and Clearlake
    • Todd Boehly
    • Mark Walter
    • Hansjörg Wyss

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/24 at 18:00

3 hours ago, Bison said:

Not how I remember it. 

Screenshot_20240910_111359_Brave.thumb.jpg.ed1eeac76fbc001ad5f0ec29ccb2451a.jpg

His ethos and tactical approach made him the exceptional candidate. Their words. 

A year later they tell everybody he was crap.

Now we have an even worse manager in charge simply because he will comply with their nonsense. 

Oh.

We all knew that was absolute PR bullshit before a ball had been kicked , in fairness to them, it did indeed look like the right move during pre-season.  However the moment the league kicked off he reverted to cowardly type.

On 08/09/2024 at 12:14, Max Fowler said:

The squad needed gradually refreshing and improving not ripping apart and starting from scratch 

Maybe so but I well remember towards the end Of Roman's tenure the consensus here was the the squad needed gutted and rebalanced. At least we got the gutting part done.

Edited by Holymoly
  • Like 1

On 08/09/2024 at 12:59, Ham said:

Is it just me that likes Kaveh?

Always fair with the club, even during the sanctions. 

Mate, he spouts these unsubstantiated rumours as if he's got to the bottom of everything and does it with a sickly smarmy expression that ticks me off.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

I disagree. And for United, it has made a difference. It’s just taken them many years to finally listen. Now they have finally some semblance of a sporting team in place.

Booing is an important opportunity for fans to express their disgust at what is going on. They love the club have invested a lifetime and thousands of pounds into following us. Our club has been hijacked by owners who are now clearly not just evidently incompetent, but actually at war with one another.

Again, I am no Boehly fan. The best option would be to sell altogether, but they won’t do that any time soon. Continued fan pressure will force the owners to listen and I just have some semblance of hope that Boehly will listen quicker than Egbhali.

They don’t look too happy tbh. 
And 75,000 booed them off the park. I’d hate to see them when they are angry. 

Edited by NoblyBobly
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Oh.

We all knew that was absolute PR bullshit before a ball had been kicked , in fairness to them, it did indeed look like the right move during pre-season.  However the moment the league kicked off he reverted to cowardly type.

It's very difficult for me to understand why you're continuing to make excuses for the two people directly responsible for hiring the man you dislike so much. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Maybe so but I well remember towards the end Of Roman's tenure the consensus here was the the squad needed gutted and rebalanced. At least we got the gutting part done.

There was no consensus in my mind. We had a brilliant squad that only needed a few additions to challenge right at the top of the PL. 

30 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

They don’t look too happy tbh. 
And 75,000 booed them off the park. I’d hate to see them when they are angry. 

They are angry about the performance. Angry about the squad sure. Angry about the manager. 

But the new guys have literally just come in and taken over a completely dysfunctional club and are trying to rebuild.

Unlike our owners who took over a largely very successful club which had won the CL a season prior and effectively destroyed it. 

10 minutes ago, Bison said:

It's very difficult for me to understand why you're continuing to make excuses for the two people directly responsible for hiring the man you dislike so much. 

Oh I'm not making excuses , I think they're wally's .

But regardless of what anyone thinks in the lifetime of a football club they've been here a tiny while , signed a load of really good players and finally have a coach who appears to favour their desired way of playing , I'm not a huge fan of tippy tappy football myself but realise that what I think or want counts for very , very , very little in the scheme of things . 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

They are angry about the performance. Angry about the squad sure. Angry about the manager. 

But the new guys have literally just come in and taken over a completely dysfunctional club and are trying to rebuild.

Unlike our owners who took over a largely very successful club which had won the CL a season prior and effectively destroyed it. 

How much more dysfunctional can a club be than one that's best players were leaving on free transfers as the club was banned from negotiating with them , had all their monies frozen , weren't allowed to run a club shop or sell tickets other than honouring season tickets?

Answer , None.

None more dysfunctional ( with apologies to Nigel Tufnel) 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

14 minutes ago, Bison said:

Sometimes it’s better to leave people to their own beliefs. 

Poch set a bar for the tactical genius to meet or beat. Bearing in mind poch didn’t have the game changers for a season and a majority of the starting 11 players with a season of PL miles on the clock. 

6 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

How much more dysfunctional can a club be than one that's best players were leaving on free transfers as the club was banned from negotiating with them , had all their monies frozen , weren't allowed to run a club shop or sell tickets other than honouring season tickets?

Answer , None.

boom.

12 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

So they are angry about quite a lot then? Not sure why they are angry about TH as they all wanted him to stay. Fickle fans then wouldn’t you say? Not like ours.  Nice to know that you’d be happy if you were a United fan though. 
And United were more dysfunctional than us in recent times ? We’ve both been dysfunctional.

Conte ( sacked under Roman)

Sarri  ( sacked slash resigned under Roman)

Lampard ( sacked under Roman) 

Tuchel ( sacked) 

Potter ( sacked)

Poch ( sacked) 

I’m not sure you can keep wheeling out the last  CL win as a sign of greatness. RDM won that one.  The PL title is the accurate gauge. Not sure how many points we were behind City that year but it was a lot. 
Our last title was 16/17. That is a long long time ago. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

25 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Answer , None.

That's not the reality I'm talking about and you know it Mark. The owners made a calculated decision to rip it up and start from scratch and turn us from a winning machine into an upmarket version of Brighton

Just now, NoblyBobly said:

So they are angry about quite a lot then? Not sure why they are angry about TH as they all wanted him to stay. Fickle fans then wouldn’t you say? Not like ours.  Nice to know that you’d be happy if you were a United fan though. 
And United were more dysfunctional than us in recent times ? We’ve both been dysfunctional.

Conte ( sacked under Roman)

Sarri  ( sacked slash resigned under Roman)

Lampard ( sacked under Roman) 

Tuchel ( sacked) 

Potter ( sacked)

Poch ( sacked) 

I’m not sure you can keep wheeling out the last  CL win as a sign of greatness. RDM won that one.  The PL title is the accurate gauge. Not sure how many points we were behind City that year but it was a lot. 
Our last title was 16/17. That is a long long time ago. 

Difference is we lucked the CL under RDM and dominated it under Tuchel. Not having this debate again with people as I value both of our CL wins 10/10 unlike others on here apparently...

Yes - United have been far more dysfunctional than us prior to Clearlake taking over. And United fans wanted ETH to be given another chance this season but they are hardly in love with him, if he fails they'll be okay with seeing him go

Clearlake taking over has turned us into the most dysfunctional club in the league.

4 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

That's not the reality I'm talking about and you know it Mark. The owners made a calculated decision to rip it up and start from scratch and turn us from a winning machine into an upmarket version of Brighton

That's what you wrote and it's an absolute load of old flannel , the club had already been destroyed when they bought it , out of hubris and chicanery from a government caught with their hand in the till. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Difference is we lucked the CL under RDM and dominated it under Tuchel. Not having this debate again with people as I value both of our CL wins 10/10 unlike others on here apparently...

Yes - United have been far more dysfunctional than us prior to Clearlake taking over. And United fans wanted ETH to be given another chance this season but they are hardly in love with him, if he fails they'll be okay with seeing him go

Clearlake taking over has turned us into the most dysfunctional club in the league.

We dominated the CL with Tuchel? 
Let’s just say that both times the Stars Aligned. 
If there had been any justice we would have won it under Mourinho, Hiddink and dare I say Grant. 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

That's what you wrote and it's an absolute load of old flannel , the club had already been destroyed when they bought it , out of hubris and chicanery from a government caught with their hand in the till. 

Alright Mark, I hope one day you will hold the owners to account like you did Pochettino 🙂

52 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

There was no consensus in my mind. We had a brilliant squad that only needed a few additions to challenge right at the top of the PL. 

Was about to reply to this and then saw the above reply from @My Blood Is Blue 

We needed a rebuild and we got one.

It's debatable whether a fully available and fully fit squad is good enough to compete for the EPL this season or next or whether top 4 should be our target.   

Time will tell.  

That's all the positive few are asking for.  Let's wait and see.  

12 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Really? The majority of them won the CL for us, which was amazing and incredible, but it wasn't a side that was about to go and compete with Man City and Liverpool anytime soon.

Goalkeepers
Mendy - had a terrific season and then saw a massive drop off.
Kepa - Don't need to explain.

RB
 Azpi - decline was awful to watch, he should have left a season earlier than he did.
James - World class, but made of wet paper.

LB
Chilwell - good
Emerson-  wasn't rated, but a decent back up
Alonso  - ridiculous left foot and a good servant, but age wasn't on his side, deserved a crack in his homeland.

CB
Rudiger - we couldn't offer him a contract thanks to the government
Christensen - left the club on a free as well as wouldn't sign a new contract, also had questionaly form
Silva - legend.
Sarr - doesn't need words
Zouma  - wasn't at the level we really wanted
Chalobah - been debated elsewhere

CM
Jorginho - Probably underrated, but wasn't someone we could build a team around. Age not on his side and contract coming to an end.
Kovacic - great player (IMO), but wanted to leave.
Kante - Couldn't stay fit, we barely got much from him in his final season and not enough to justify another big contract.
RLC - marmite.
Barkley - not good enough.
Mount - was a hero but again look at the drop off in the last few years.

AM/Wingers
Werner - look at the record, although worked hard and many appreciated that
Havertz - didn't do enough whilst here to justify another big contract. Has played up front at Arsenal and been outscored by Jackson.
CHO - never lived up to the early potential/hype.
Pulisic - made of glass and horribly inconsistent.
Ziyech - looked like he hated being paid to play football and playedlike it too.

Strikers
Lukaku - burgers.
Tammy - Great guy, did well for us and arguably could have continued doing a job, but not as the main man.

All just my opinion, obviously.

It was close to competing with Man City and Liverpool. In fact we only fell off towards the end under Tuchel. Sure we needed new players and new investment, and I wouldn't have even been opposed to some of our current new players coming in, but to destroy it and start from scratch was suicide.

The players you mentioned who wanted to leave could have been convinced to stay had we had a project which had valued experienced players, but we always wanted to cash in.

13 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Really? The majority of them won the CL for us, which was amazing and incredible, but it wasn't a side that was about to go and compete with Man City and Liverpool anytime soon.

Goalkeepers
Mendy - had a terrific season and then saw a massive drop off.
Kepa - Don't need to explain.

RB
 Azpi - decline was awful to watch, he should have left a season earlier than he did.
James - World class, but made of wet paper.

LB
Chilwell - good
Emerson-  wasn't rated, but a decent back up
Alonso  - ridiculous left foot and a good servant, but age wasn't on his side, deserved a crack in his homeland.

CB
Rudiger - we couldn't offer him a contract thanks to the government
Christensen - left the club on a free as well as wouldn't sign a new contract, also had questionaly form
Silva - legend.
Sarr - doesn't need words
Zouma  - wasn't at the level we really wanted
Chalobah - been debated elsewhere

CM
Jorginho - Probably underrated, but wasn't someone we could build a team around. Age not on his side and contract coming to an end.
Kovacic - great player (IMO), but wanted to leave.
Kante - Couldn't stay fit, we barely got much from him in his final season and not enough to justify another big contract.
RLC - marmite.
Barkley - not good enough.
Mount - was a hero but again look at the drop off in the last few years.

AM/Wingers
Werner - look at the record, although worked hard and many appreciated that
Havertz - didn't do enough whilst here to justify another big contract. Has played up front at Arsenal and been outscored by Jackson.
CHO - never lived up to the early potential/hype.
Pulisic - made of glass and horribly inconsistent.
Ziyech - looked like he hated being paid to play football and playedlike it too.

Strikers
Lukaku - burgers.
Tammy - Great guy, did well for us and arguably could have continued doing a job, but not as the main man.

All just my opinion, obviously.

Take it a step further and look at the team that started the CL final....

Def: Silva, Rudiger, Azpi, James, Alonso - old, out of contract, old, made of glass, slow

Kante, Jorginho - both old, one made of glass, one slow

Att - Werner, Havertz and Mount......poor, inconsistent and in Mount, looks likely to have been a great sale.

• Agree 2