Chelsea owners and board

Max Fowler

Ownership buyout  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you want to have full ownership of the club?

• Eghbali and Clearlake
    • Todd Boehly
    • Mark Walter
    • Hansjörg Wyss

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/24 at 18:00

1 minute ago, thevelourfog said:

Is there an irony in our club being much more a plaything, a metaphorical penis to swing about, under an investment consortium than it ever was under a single billionaire?

This is answered quite simply - nationality. The American ego demands that they shout and demonstrate about how rich or powerful they are. Vulgar, but not uncommon from our friends across the pond.

27 minutes ago, KingThistle said:

If at all possible, please could someone link me an article which they have already read which details what has instigated the reported rift in the boardroom? I don't know enough, I don't read much highbrow material. 

Anyone got anything which they have read which looks to be fair and accurate? I'd like to know and learn more.

https://archive.ph/eTyGe

https://www.givemesport.com/exclusive-why-there-is-a-civil-war-at-chelsea/

• Thanks 1

Just now, My Blood Is Blue said:

Maybe we shouldn’t sign any others based of this then 

Nope, that's IMO not a good argument. That would be like me saying we shouldn't sign any more young players considering only Palmer has really been a success so far

34 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

When was the last time we signed a top player? Also depends what we mean by a top player I guess.

Lukaku? That didn’t work out very well?

Cole Palmer is, but wasn’t when we signed him.

Kante possibly, although not sure he was a top player as such.

Thiago Silva potentially, but it definitely wasn’t considered that at the time.

Does it go back to Hazard? 

Costa? But who else has since 2017 ish. Liverpool may have made a good signing or two that were very well regarded.

But, there's been a new sheriff in town since just before then - The Abu Dhabi boys. As well as the already well versed attraction of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Munich.

The issue may be that we've signed good players on very good wages, but not the very top echelon as we get outbid. For instance every man and his dog knew Haaland would be a success wherever he ended up, but we and others couldn't match the alleged £500k per week (netto, if you believe what you read).

Truth is we haven't really replaced the 'spine' of the team since 2016/2017 and haven't been able to becasue of competition. We were the best place in town (Man Utd, Liverpool were our competition from a wages perspective)  from 2003 through 2014 but since then Man City have taken over that spot, alongside the success that their planning and spending  also provided.

Edited by east lower
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, ROTG said:

Really. 

I thought the whole point of the CPO was to keep football at SB. 

If they build a multi purpose arena. Why would they need a CPO, surely being a multipurpose arena it would be self generating of income, and not reliant on once a week football revenue. 

No that's not the sole purpose of the CPO.  It's to protect the club from ever having a ground sold from under our feet. 

Moving elsewhere has been debated by the CPO many times, most famously when Uncle Roman tried to skew the votes in order to move us to Battersea or even further afield. 

If similar protections were put in place at EC it would be an easy win for the EC vote. 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Ham said:

No that's not the sole purpose of the CPO.  It's to protect the club from ever having a ground sold from under our feet. 

Moving elsewhere has been debated by the CPO many times, most famously when Uncle Roman tried to skew the votes in order to move us to Battersea or even further afield. 

If similar protections were put in place at EC it would be an easy win for the EC vote. 

You are missing the point of the discussion

Why would a company like Clearlake do any deals with the CPO, when they have committed to building a general purpose arena, which can facilitate football, American football, rounders, concerts etc. and is in the heart of London 12 months a year. 

CPO is for SB and will never be part of any other arena constructed by Chelsea FC owners. 

To be fair Clearlake can afford to move Chelsea football club to a new stadium without any input from CPO.  It’s just a shame the current EC gossip is just another smoke screen for the media.  

4 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'm beginning to see how you rate Jesus and Zinchenko so highly 

They play in the CL every season

Like Sterling this season and probably Lukaku next. 

when do you think a Chelsea team will next play CL football?

1 minute ago, ROTG said:

Why would a company like Clearlake do any deals with the CPO, when they have committed to building a general purpose arena, which can facilitate football, American football, rounders, concerts etc. and is in the heart of London 12 months a year. 

CPO is for SB and will never be part of any other arena constructed by Chelsea FC owners. 

To be fair Clearlake can afford to move Chelsea football club to a new stadium without any input from CPO.  It’s just a shame the current EC gossip is just another smoke screen for the media.  

You've just evidenced that you know nothing about the CPO. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Ham said:
1 hour ago, boratsbrother said:

Wrong!

The sale of the SB site would a significant part of the budget for a move to EC. They can't sell the SB site without the permission of the CPO. Furthermore, they can't even use the name of Chelsea FC at another venue without the permission of the CPO. 

2 hours ago, Ham said:

You've just evidenced that you know nothing about the CPO. 

Clearlake do not need the sale of SB to buy and develop some where like EC.

What did Clearlake sell to buy Chelsea?

i doubt the PL would give a rats arse if Clearlake changed the clubs name to AFC Chelsea, remember Clearlake would not be doing a wimbledon in relocating and selling the club.

Clearlake have already proven their innovative with  amortisation of contracts, can’t see them losing any sleep over CPO freehold rights and the clubs name.

12 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

Nope, that's IMO not a good argument. That would be like me saying we shouldn't sign any more young players considering only Palmer has really been a success so far

Our history with signing "big players" as a whole is pretty bloody woeful.

We've signed some good players, that then performed and became great players here, but those that were already great when signing have by large expensively flopped. 

To say Palmer has been the only successful young player is also inaccurate. Gusto clearly stands out as another, we're seeing Madueke improve and being more impactful of late, and Jackson continues to showcase improvement. I'd group all of those as "successes" thus far.

Then there's a couple others that could well slot into here like Lavia (should fitness prevail), Santos (based on his form out on loan), and then Paez and Estevao if they carry on at the rate their going.

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, ROTG said:

Clearlake do not need the sale of SB to buy and develop some where like EC.

What did Clearlake sell to buy Chelsea?

i doubt the PL would give a rats arse if Clearlake changed the clubs name to AFC Chelsea, remember Clearlake would not be doing a wimbledon in relocating and selling the club.

Clearlake have already proven their innovative with  amortisation of contracts, can’t see them losing any sleep over CPO freehold rights and the clubs name.

Just stop. 

You're just arguing for the same of arguing. You're wrong. 

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, ROTG said:

What Clearlake think they can do and what they actually can do, might be two very different things?

Who knows, it could (probably not) turn into an AFC Wimbledon/MK Dons scenario.

Now, that would give the pundit's, the media and the PGMOL an issue. Namely, which version of Chelsea do you hate on the most. 🤔

Edited by east lower

14 hours ago, Sciatika said:

Can I point out that 4-4-3 is a typical formation for the sides playing against us when Anthony Taylor is the ref?

We've got the Prick again on Saturday too.  3 of the last 5 PL games now.... 

Still, good to see the PL have dished out our punishment in a such a swift manner, they just need to crack on with the City charges now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ham said:

Just stop. 

You're just arguing for the same of arguing. You're wrong. 

No,

just stating facts that Clearlake are not stupid as already proven and there is more than one way to skin a cat

BTW i do have CPO shares