Chelsea owners and board

Max Fowler

Ownership buyout  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you want to have full ownership of the club?

• Eghbali and Clearlake
    • Todd Boehly
    • Mark Walter
    • Hansjörg Wyss

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/24 at 18:00

If, after a reasonable amount of games...you choose how many is reasonable,,,Felix and Sancho live down to the low ratings some give them then all of us will be able to see how right (or wrong) all the naysayers are.

Please. both players have yet to tread the pitch let alone kick a ball in combat so at least wait until they do...for my sanity if nothing else!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Sorry, you've lost me again!

Anyway, I'm done here. Wasting my time, so I'm off to bed.........

If I have an opinion on a player's performance, that's a valid thing to have an opinion on as a football fan.

If Mark says Egbhali is a massive Chelsea fan, that's not really the same. It's like saying My Opinion is Sanchez is a practicing Catholic or my opinion is Levi Colwill belives in aliens.

So I would still love to see some evidence @Mark Kelly that Egbhali is a massive Chelsea fan.

Changing the subject slightly and going back to the PSR issue. When Roman left the club I understand that he effectively wrote off his £1.5b loan. Under standard accounting practice that sum would be removed from the balance sheet and incorporated effectively as income in the P&L, albeit as an exceptional item but no more exceptional than the sale of the hotels. Presumably that will have had an affect on the FFP situation?

9 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

If I have an opinion on a player's performance, that's a valid thing to have an opinion on as a football fan.

If Mark says Egbhali is a massive Chelsea fan, that's not really the same. It's like saying My Opinion is Sanchez is a practicing Catholic or my opinion is Levi Colwill belives in aliens.

So I would still love to see some evidence @Mark Kelly that Egbhali is a massive Chelsea fan.

It was way back when they originally took over , and again when they swapped control after six months , I've tried Googling it to show you but all the results come backs as the imaginary war between the two factions now . 

4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It was way back when they originally took over , and again when they swapped control after six months , I've tried Googling it to show you but all the results come backs as the imaginary war between the two factions now . 

Respectfully, then Mark, I’ll file that under “ no evidence” unless anybody else can come in and back your claims up

3 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

Sheikh Jassim or Saudi Media group. If not other oil investors.

Benefits of these oil states is they genuinely want their clubs to be the best in the land at all costs, and they have practically unlimited money to make that happen.

You can question the morality of that, but that would be my choice. We have an investment firm who is more interested in profit than being the best club in the world.

PSR and FFP. 

That is all.  

22 minutes ago, Ham said:

PSR and FFP. 

That is all.  

Not a good argument bro. We already benefitted massively from Roman coming in before PSR restrictions came in place. They affect Newcastle badly - did not affect us as much when Clownlake came in.

19 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

I don’t want an Arab oil state running my club. The definition of a fit and proper owner is vague. We have already had one owner removed. If the government decided to moves its goalposts again and remove owners due to human rights records in their country ( stuff like stoning women to death or throwing gays off of buildings) we will be back to square one. And you can bet that our Arab state will be deemed the one worth punishing. 

Fair enough, but it worked pretty well with Roman. He didn't leave us at square one, he left us in a great position way better than when he took over.

2 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

(IMHO! Only my opinions and I respect yours)

You cannot divorce talent from mental abilities. PL is too tough for that. Felix has the second worst mentality behind Sancho in our squad, and there were plenty of mental lightweights here already.

There's a reason Simeone didn't trust Felix and its not because of lack of talent. There's a reason Martinez doesn't play him for Portugal, there's a reason his value has dropped of a cliff.

Aka - he goes absolutely missing in games and plays like he is on the beach. He jumps out of tackles and absolutely does not deliver in the biggest moments.

IMO we will very quickly see the senselessness of bringing Felix and Sancho here and I will be willing to say I was wrong if that is the case.

I think you’ll find he played for Portugal the other night and if wasn’t for 3 terrific saves he would also have been on the score sheet.

2 minutes ago, chrisb said:

I think you’ll find he played for Portugal the other night and if wasn’t for 3 terrific saves he would also have been on the score sheet.

Right, but he's still not deemed good enough to start or play significant minutes by Martinez.

3 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Right, but he's still not deemed good enough to start or play significant minutes by Martinez.

Roberto Martinez?

If you're worried about not being worth the hype , start right there.  Failed everywhere. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I can't say I was over enthused when we signed Felix and Sancho. That being said they are starting on a very low bar so anything above average will be a bonus.

With regards to middle east investment the U.K is literally up to it's armpits in relations and business deals. It never ceases to amaze me that those countries with disgusting human rights records rub shoulders with the U.K establishment from the Royal family downwards.

1 hour ago, Max Fowler said:

Not a good argument bro. We already benefitted massively from Roman coming in before PSR restrictions came in place. They affect Newcastle badly - did not affect us as much when Clownlake came in.

I don't understand your argument at all. 

Clearlake have spent massively. More then anyone else in the world.

Saudi Media Group can have all the money in the world, but there's a limit to what they can spend. Newcastle is a good reference point. 

Roman is irrelevant in this discussion as we are talking about who could have come in, in place of Clearlake and done things differently. 

25 minutes ago, Ham said:

I don't understand your argument at all. 

Clearlake have spent massively. More then anyone else in the world.

Saudi Media Group can have all the money in the world, but there's a limit to what they can spend. Newcastle is a good reference point. 

Roman is irrelevant in this discussion as we are talking about who could have come in, in place of Clearlake and done things differently. 

It's not a good reference point because Newcastle can't spent money because their revenue is so much lower. Hence they are capped compared to us, as we still have double their revenue.

We need owners who will spend good money on experienced players. That doesn't deliver you as big an ROI but delivers you trophies (Saudis, Qataris would do that). We have an investment firm owning us who looks at everything through ROI first - hence why we have the youngest squad in Europe and are into our third season meandering around the middle of the table.

Edited by Max Fowler

6 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

We need owners who will spend good money on experienced players. That doesn't deliver you as big an ROI but delivers you trophies (Saudis, Qataris would do that).

Another one of your facts? 

Your argument earlier was that Arabs have limitless funds. PSR and FFP render this moot, even if our turnover is better than Newcastle.

Now you're moving the goalposts with a sweeping statement on how Arab owners would run the club. 

Honestly, Saudi/Qatari owners or the like is my absolute nightmare. It'd put me in such a difficult position I'm not actually sure what I'd do. If Todd Boehly is to get the money to buy out Clearlake, I hope it's from anywhere but there.

It's bad enough that PIF invests into  Clearlake, but I've sort of compartmentalised that for now.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1