Chelsea owners and board

Max Fowler

Ownership buyout  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you want to have full ownership of the club?

• Eghbali and Clearlake
    • Todd Boehly
    • Mark Walter
    • Hansjörg Wyss

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/24 at 18:00

15 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Christ, set aside anything to do with us and it's just mad and, I think, a bit sad that there is a 24 hour live sports news website that covers sponsorship deal rumours.

I was at the game last night and sat with my mate beforehand when this wally came on TV and my mate just went "Christ, Sky Sports is properly shit now isn't it? Why are they spending time on this?" 

And i can't help thinking he hit the nail right on the head.  It's just tabloid TV for the sake of having anything at all on air

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Bert19 said:

I was at the game last night and sat with my mate beforehand when this wally came on TV and my mate just went "Christ, Sky Sports is properly shit now isn't it? Why are they spending time on this?" 

And i can't help thinking he hit the nail right on the head.  It's just tabloid TV for the sake of having anything at all on air

They got away with having a 24 hour sports news channel before social media, bloggers and bloggers became as big as they have. Back in the day, SSN would break news stories, so people would tune in, now they're late to the story and regurgitate what everyone has already seen online.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

They got away with having a 24 hour sports news channel before social media, bloggers and bloggers became as big as they have. Back in the day, SSN would break news stories, so people would tune in, now they're late to the story and regurgitate what everyone has already seen online.

And seem to have little issue creating narratives without much evidence to go with them... So that's not so good.  A news channel being driven by narratives and speculation instead of actual news...

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

So with the news that City have proven that the PL's associated parties' rules were unlawful, it transpires that we were one of three clubs who supported city. 

Clearly this benefits us. Most clubs voted against city including Arsenal, United and Liverpool. 

I'm now wondering whether we've delayed on a shirt sponsorship pending this outcome. 

Who knows, we might have Clearlake on the shirts, playing at the Clearlake Arena very soon 🤷🏻‍♂️

20 hours ago, Ham said:

Who knows, we might have Clearlake on the shirts, playing at the Clearlake Arena very soon 🤷🏻‍♂️

Maybe for a season or two to get round PSR. But surely in the long run as venture capitalists the whole idea is to get as much income as possible from third parties in order to increase profits and the asset value (presumably their end goal) The state funded clubs have other goals aside from making money so are happy to pump their own money into their clubs

21 hours ago, Ham said:

Clearly this benefits us

A bit short sighted IMO in view of my comments above. It helps us out of a hole now, but 5 years down the line benefits some of our rivals a lot more. And tbh I thought Clearlakes forté would be getting sponsors and vastly improving corporate income to maybe give us an edge, and not rely on pumping investor money in. Something they certainly haven't delivered on to date.

1 hour ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Maybe for a season or two to get round PSR. But surely in the long run as venture capitalists the whole idea is to get as much income as possible from third parties in order to increase profits and the asset value (presumably their end goal) The state funded clubs have other goals aside from making money so are happy to pump their own money into their clubs

A bit short sighted IMO in view of my comments above. It helps us out of a hole now, but 5 years down the line benefits some of our rivals a lot more. And tbh I thought Clearlakes forté would be getting sponsors and vastly improving corporate income to maybe give us an edge, and not rely on pumping investor money in. Something they certainly haven't delivered on to date.

Clearlake as sponsors was tongue in cheek but there are associated parties' (Clearlake investors) from Saudi as I recall that were prevented from sponsoring us for APT reasons last year. 

Round 2. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Bison said:

Incompetence at every level, the new Chelsea. 

Nothing to do with the outlandish shirt design which  pays no heed to Chelsea's heritage, or the cost of the kit in the middle of a cost of living crisis then, Nike?

Edited by RDCW
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, RDCW said:

Nothing to do with the outlandish shirt design which  pays no heed to Chelsea's heritage, or the cost of the kit in the middle of a cost of living crisis then, Nike?

Exactly what I was thinking. Would many people not buy a kit because it didn't have a sponsor? Maybe some people would wait, but struggle to believe that would be in significant numbers.

Hmm..coincidently yesterday I shared a memory with my wild child step daughter regarding a Christmas gift of the then full Wales kit,,she'd be about 9/10 'ish...I'm sure I couldn't afford that now.

Edited by chara