Chelsea owners and board

Max Fowler

Ownership buyout  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you want to have full ownership of the club?

• Eghbali and Clearlake
    • Todd Boehly
    • Mark Walter
    • Hansjörg Wyss

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 13/09/24 at 18:00

22 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

There is no evidence whatsoever that we have built a top four squad. When the squad consistently hits a top four position in the league is when you can say that. Last time we finished in the top four was 2021/22. We haven’t even been remotely close to doing that since. 

5 points? What is "remotely close"? 1 point? 2 points? 

We got 2 starts from Nkunku, 5 from Reece James, 0 from Lavia and 0 from Fofana.

Imagine (and without even being greedy) how many extra points we may have got if those 4 had started just 10-15 games each?  

Edited by paulw66
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

It’s been an unmitigated disaster from the day they took over. Hiring those two clowns aren’t the biggest mistake. It’s just another bad call among a sea of bad calls. 

Summer 2022 was a mess and sacking Tuchel at the time was a bad decision but I think a lot of those early mistakes could have since been rectified with a better project. But in hiring those two charlatans they've made things immeasurably worse. They will ultimately be fired but the mess they leave behind will take years to recover from. 

Charlatans indeed.... not clear exactly what their function is but for me CO directors raises red flags,,,a true leader/dept head  makes his/her own decisions albeit with advice and input from others but co anything means ,oversimplified, at least concessions or maybe just a lockstep daily work schedule.

As I see it two in a position really meant for one means no real outside input,,,cosy two way discussions with no, or faint, dissenting voices..WE AGREE SO IT'S SETTLED.

Or am I'wandering again?

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

What evidence says Chelsea is a top 4 club or is this your assumption based on game changers being available this season and a championship head coach?

Just simply comparing our squads to those in and around the top 4.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

It is a discussion, just not one worth having

Ok I’ll bite.

Name a top European club with owners that are worse than ours. Preferably with some sort of argument attached to your viewpoint. 

40 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

5 points? What is "remotely close"? 1 point? 2 points? 

We got 2 starts from Nkunku, 5 from Reece James, 0 from Lavia and 0 from Fofana.

Imagine (and without even being greedy) how many extra points we may have got if those 4 had started just 10-15 games each?  

Given how the season played out, at no point during the season were we close to finish top four. We managed to make up ground over the last few games but by then we were already out of it.

Did we at any time occupy a top four place for a number of weeks? I can’t remember, but I don’t think we were. 

4 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Just simply comparing our squads to those in and around the top 4.

Isn’t it better to compare how the squads are able to perform? Isn’t that how you reach top four? To get more points than 16 other squads? 

Otherwise it’s highly subjective. 

51 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Ok I’ll bite.

Name a top European club with owners that are worse than ours. Preferably with some sort of argument attached to your viewpoint. 

It's far too subjective for a kick off. As is the definition of "top European club". 

We have assembled a squad of largely 18-25 year olds. How good this side becomes (or not) and whether this was a clever or stupid strategy will take at least another 2 seasons to unravel IMO. 

I would have said Man Utd, but they have just changed. No league title since 2013. 

Spurs haven't won a trophy since 2008, and a proper one since 1991. 

Barcelona have been a financial mess for years, and have had to rely on picking up aging players on free transfers.

Newcastle spent a load of dough and slid down the table.

Bordereau played in the CL not that long ago, and have now gone bust.

PSG have spent hundreds of millions and haven't won the CL

Liverpool have won 1 league title in 30 years.

City have 115 charges against them for cooking the books. 

Bayern Munich play in a one team league (financially) and managed to come 2nd. 

I am sure all of those clubs would have some fans who have something negative to say on how their club is run

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Agree 1

53 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Isn’t it better to compare how the squads are able to perform? Isn’t that how you reach top four? To get more points than 16 other squads? 

Otherwise it’s highly subjective. 

Pretty difficult when there are new managers involved.  

I think we will  be better under Maresca than we were under Pochettino but it may take some time so can't guarantee us getting more points than last season but I do think if it clicks early we will comfortably get top 4.

Tottenham's season other than their first 10 or so games, was mid table level. They were awful. Is that because Ange was found out or they didn't have the depth once key players got injured and will they address those issues?

Villa now have to deal with the Champions league and arguably over performed last season, Watkins only has to have a slight dip in form and they aren't the same, he was phenomenal. They looked to have spent well and may be even better but it doesn't always work that way.

Liverpool post Klopp, anything could happen. Literally.

Lots of questions need answering in terms of how all the squads we will be competing with, most notably ours, are able to perform. 

10 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Pretty difficult when there are new managers involved.  

I think we will  be better under Maresca than we were under Pochettino but it may take some time so can't guarantee us getting more points than last season but I do think if it clicks early we will comfortably get top 4.

Tottenham's season other than their first 10 or so games, was mid table level. They were awful. Is that because Ange was found out or they didn't have the depth once key players got injured and will they address those issues?

Villa now have to deal with the Champions league and arguably over performed last season, Watkins only has to have a slight dip in form and they aren't the same, he was phenomenal. They looked to have spent well and may be even better but it doesn't always work that way.

Liverpool post Klopp, anything could happen. Literally.

Lots of questions need answering in terms of how all the squads we will be competing with, most notably ours, are able to perform. 

Sure, largely I don’t disagree with this. 

As long as we all agree that it is your subjective opinion that we are only second to City in terms of squad quality. By any other metric we are not. 

14 hours ago, ROTG said:

Bit like your railway union promising 5% per year pay rise and in reality you get 5% over 5 years, hence you might get the desire to become a taxi driver 😃

My union has never failed to deliver on their promise, best part of 20 years on the job and they have never let me down.

The latest dispute, which has been ongoing for 3 years took all of 5 minutes to resolve with the new lot in charge.

Nothing official but will be very soon, until we find the next thing to fight about.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

My union has never failed to deliver on their promise, best part of 20 years on the job and they have never let me down.

The latest dispute, which has been ongoing for 3 years took all of 5 minutes to resolve with the new lot in charge.

Nothing official but will be very soon, until we find the next thing to fight about.

can you make my trains to and from work run on time, please?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Shouldn't you be off somewhere counting your fortune? 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Ham said:

Shouldn't you be off somewhere counting your fortune? 

I am working, one of the best things about my job is the amount of 'downtime' we get.

We work an average 8 hour 45 minutes a day, maximum 9 hours 30 minutes. I doubt we are in the chair, actually driving trains, more than 5 hours of that, in fact I doubt at my depot we ever do that.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Good luck to you - Absolutely mean that.

But..................the second sentance doesn't surprise me one bit.

2 hours ago, martin1905 said:

I am working, one of the best things about my job is the amount of 'downtime' we get.

We work an average 8 hour 45 minutes a day, maximum 9 hours 30 minutes. I doubt we are in the chair, actually driving trains, more than 5 hours of that, in fact I doubt at my depot we ever do that.

My brother in law is a train driver so I know the drill.  

He's permanently off sick for something or other the rest of the time.  

40 minutes ago, Bison said:

Impressive work. 

20240727_232550.thumb.jpg.38dda8459cd7290e95dd81240d5029c7.jpg

The saying used to be “everything they touch turns to gold” - Just got to go with changing the one word and there we have it.

We are a long way from having our first ish team on the pitch yet, got to go for the polar opposite of last season when we looked quite good in pre-season and barely limped through the first two months.

1 hour ago, east lower said:

The saying used to be “everything they touch turns to gold” - Just got to go with changing the one word and there we have it.

We are a long way from having our first ish team on the pitch yet, got to go for the polar opposite of last season when we looked quite good in pre-season and barely limped through the first two months.

We're missing Enzo, Caicedo, Cucurella, Palmer, Gallagher, Jackson, KDH, Disasi and we're 3 weeks into a new coach and philosophy.

Last pre-season we started with most players and then lost half a squad through injury. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Bison said:

'Overseen by Shields, Stewart and Winstanley' has just sent a shiver down my spine. We are royally ******. 

Who do you expect it to be overseen by, the media department? 

14 hours ago, Bison said:

'Overseen by Shields, Stewart and Winstanley' has just sent a shiver down my spine. We are royally ******. 

Had to read the name twice, thought it was Delboy - which given the current low esteem in which quite a few seem to hold those named as being responsible for the appointment, would have been quite appropriate.

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, east lower said:

Had to read the name twice, thought it was Delboy - which given the current low esteem in which quite a few seem to hold those named as being responsible for the appointment, would have been quite appropriate.

I wonder if Delroy Ebanks scouted Lewis Hall for Newcastle? 😲