Chelsea 1 Leeds United 0

JaneB

Average performance

A win. That's what matters.

I really REALLY hope this is the start of a turnaround. I want (almost) all of us to be wrong about Potter and for him to lead us back to the top.

But for now, just got to celebrate the fact we actually have a WIN!

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

We won a game of football and we scored a goal. That is more than enough for me at this point.

3 at the back helps so much as we then get the best out of Chilwell, so just imagine what it could be like with James as well.

Chilwell MOTM for me. Fofana is a close second.

RLC poor.

Loved Gallagher's energy when he came on.

We won, that's the main thing. Does it change my view on Potter, no it doesn't, but I am pleased for him. Does it buy him some time? Probably gives him the Dortmund match and that will be the deciding match.

Today though is about the win, let's just enjoy that.

Think he gets more than the Dortmund match now he have a win.

Nice to see a win and a goal, and a real relief to not hand 3 points to a side in a relegation battle we're still very close to being drawn into. Not much to recommend the performance other than the first 25 or so minutes, still tactically and positionally incoherent. That is not going to get better, mind.

Edited by thevelourfog

1 hour ago, JaneB said:

Effing Arsenal 🙄

97th minute…..

Tbh, I don't have any dislike of Arsenal and really enjoyed watching them during the Wenger years. I'd much rather they win the title than the dodgy as fcuk state controlled  City.  Only clubs I can't stand are City, Spurs, West Ham, Liverpool, Everton and Newcastle.

Edited by boratsbrother

1 minute ago, boratsbrother said:

Tbh, I don't have any dislike of Arsenal and really enjoyed watching them during the Wenger years. I'd much rather they win the title than the dodgy as fcuk state controlled City.  Only clubs I can't stand are City, Spurs, West Ham, Liverpool, Everton and Newcastle.

Nope, I've never met a holier than thou City supporter whereas every Arsenal supporter I know looks down on Chelsea and has a inbuilt sense of superiority.  They can go under for all I care. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Tbh, I don't have any dislike of Arsenal and really enjoyed watching them during the Wenger years. I'd much rather they win the title than the dodgy as fcuk state controlled  City.  Only clubs I can't stand are City, Spurs, West Ham, Liverpool, Everton and Newcastle.

Arsenal fans are absolute pricks they really are. Cannot bear them. 

At least if city win it, their titles will all have asterisks against them. We'll never hear the end of a Gooner title win.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Nice to see a win and a goal, and a real relief to not hand 3 points to a side in a relegation battle we're still very close to being drawn into. Not much to recommend the performance other than the first 25 or so minutes, still tactically and positionally incoherent. That is not going to get better, mind.

Agree 100% as regards the win.

But that was an abjectly poor last hour from us as I’ve seen in years.  Perhaps those with far more football intelligence than I obviously have, can explain Potter’s substitutions. 

Looked like little lads off, bigger blokes on. Just mind boggling for me.

Edited by east lower

6 minutes ago, east lower said:

But that was an abjectly poor last hour from us as I’ve seen in years.  Perhaps those with far more football intelligence than I obviously have, can explain Potter’s substitutions. 

A one nil win is lovely but he's still clueless every week new faces and new formations it's no wonder they look like strangers. 

• Agree 1

I don’t think Potter is all of a sudden the answer, but plenty of teams put in performances like that and are happy to take the win.

Man United play worse than that every week but manage to score goals (normally on the counter)

Worth bearing in mind Havertz missed a sitter and Felix hit the bar.  On another day we cruise that 3-0 and everyone is high-fiving.

Anyone know our win percentage under Potter when we’ve played a back three? 

12 minutes ago, east lower said:

It was impressive, in it's own way, that doubling the number of midfielders on the pitch gave us even less control.

Will say that I thought Fofana was impressive. Assume he hasn't been on  training pitch with the coaching staff too often.

I only disagree with you because we were abjectly poor two weeks ago!