Chelsea 1 Leeds United 0

JaneB

Leeds started to win the midfield battle on 30 minutes and the ease with which they passed through our lines was worrying.

We, on the other hand, need to find the perfect ball to worry them. 

We look uncoached again. 

Well half time and clearly no progress regards getting the players to play football.

I've seen us relegated in '75, '79 and '88 and we were never as pallid then as we are presently. I'm embarrased to be a supporter of this team. Unfortunately the players aren't.

I have to say Havertz positioning is so frustrating. There were times when he was nowhere near where he should be in the box when Chilwell had the ball. 

If he's going to play as a striker, he should at least TRY to move like one. He must know roughly how to do it?!

5 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Painful. It's so so painful to watch.

Started alright, seemed quite lively and moved the ball around quickly, but that intensity soon dropped off and you could see we lack ideas, we have no idea how we were supposed to be playing.

Leeds sensed our drop off and started to push forward more often, which caused us problems and I really worry about the first 10/15 mins of the second half, as we usually come out after half-time half asleep.

Not having a striker out there is absolutely killing us.

I sense a Leeds goal early in the second half and then it'll be another half an hour of watching the game just drift away.

I don't know why I keep watching.

Aha

23 hours ago, east lower said:

With no Dave or James, Chalobah on the right? He didn't make the bench on Saturday. Watch Potter station two on the right, with orders that one stays inside our half.

We'll go down our left predominantly and be toothless, as Leeds will double-up. Their in form winger attacking our right. 

Bamford for a goal?

Don’t say you weren’t warned!

At least I was wrong about Bamford.

A good few boos at half-time. Won’t take much to turn toxic, if the opposition get in front. 

1 minute ago, east lower said:

Don’t say you weren’t warned!

At least I was wrong about Bamford.

A good few boos at half-time. Won’t take much to turn toxic, if the opposition get in front. 

Yeah, if we go behind the atmosphere is going to be horrible.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Proud-Blue said:

I have to say Havertz positioning is so frustrating. There were times when he was nowhere near where he should be in the box when Chilwell had the ball. 

If he's going to play as a striker, he should at least TRY to move like one. He must know roughly how to do it?!

Yeah. Hes not a striker, he even said it himself. He was used as false 9/fluid front 3 player under TT, but never was a striker. Potter thinks he is though 😕

1 minute ago, Bones said:

Yeah. Hes not a striker, he even said it himself. He was used as false 9/fluid front 3 player under TT, but never was a striker. Potter thinks he is though 😕

I know he doesn't set the world alight, but can't he at least TRY Aubemayang here? At least he actually knows how to play the role.

1 minute ago, Proud-Blue said:

I know he doesn't set the world alight, but can't he at least TRY Aubemayang here? At least he actually knows how to play the role.

Yeah. And he did score some goals at the start of Potter’s reign…

Just now, My Blood Is Blue said:

What just happened? The ball went in the net after it hit a chelsea player? What is this thing that just happened? Never seen it before.

Just now, Ham said:

What just happened? 

Great minds