Chelsea's Ticket Exchange Portal

ROTG

3 hours ago, ROTG said:

No the site is still a pile off poop. Once can only assume the club turns a blind eye to algorithms being used by 3rd parties to purchase tickets from Chelsea's ticket exchange.

I’ve just read a bit further back on this thread and see some of the comments similar to mine.

I’ve had no luck at all in trying to get tickets through the ticket exchange, often there is nothing, on the odd occasion a section shows as having a seat available you click on that section and there are no seats available? Then on a few rare occasions there was a seat I select it only to be told my membership is not valid to buy the seat?

I know you need an adult with a child to get into the east lower, so that’s not the issue. I’ve sometimes been told my membership is not valid for a seat in west lower or MH end.

I didn’t realise third party ticket agents could access the ticket exchange that might explain it, if they have something running to game the system then us fans have no chance.

It also seems really difficult now days to even buy a ticket when they first become available through the normal process, I don’t know why it’s become so difficult, I’ve never had this level of difficulty in 25 plus years of buying online.

25 minutes ago, JonnyCFC said:

I’ve just read a bit further back on this thread and see some of the comments similar to mine.

I’ve had no luck at all in trying to get tickets through the ticket exchange, often there is nothing, on the odd occasion a section shows as having a seat available you click on that section and there are no seats available? Then on a few rare occasions there was a seat I select it only to be told my membership is not valid to buy the seat?

I know you need an adult with a child to get into the east lower, so that’s not the issue. I’ve sometimes been told my membership is not valid for a seat in west lower or MH end.

I didn’t realise third party ticket agents could access the ticket exchange that might explain it, if they have something running to game the system then us fans have no chance.

It also seems really difficult now days to even buy a ticket when they first become available through the normal process, I don’t know why it’s become so difficult, I’ve never had this level of difficulty in 25 plus years of buying online.

It's gotten so difficult in the past couple of years that for the first time, I didn't even bother renewing my membership this season. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Ham said:

It's gotten so difficult in the past couple of years that for the first time, I didn't even bother renewing my membership this season. 

So why do you think it’s become so difficult? What’s changed?

It’s not like the team has been playing especially well recently or won lots of trophies. It surely can’t be due to winning the champions league back in 2021 can it, I can’t imagine our support grew significantly enough then to effect match going fans.

Is it due to the ability of other sites being able to resale tickets? Can you buy Chelsea tickets on other sites?

15 hours ago, JaneB said:

"Attempting to sell match day or any other tickets is not allowed and you may also not link to or promote any other ticket exchange sites"

Sorry.

Should we not be trying to get members a chance to watch a game instead of quoting rules and regulations - just a thought with no prejudice. 

Edited by kev61

5 hours ago, kev61 said:

Should we not be trying to get members a chance to watch a game instead of quoting rules and regulations - just a thought with no prejudice. 

Look, @JonnyCFC asked me a question and I answered it, for which he politely thanked me.

If you've got any issues with our rules on this subject then take them up with Sam when he returns from holiday.

Jeez.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, JonnyCFC said:

So why do you think it’s become so difficult? What’s changed?

Time.

The fan base has grown at an astonishing rate since the mid to late 90s, with the Gullit, Vialli, Zola etc era then that accelerated when Roman took over and had success. If you think about it, all those kids who grew up and started supporting Chelsea in the late 90s and early 00s, are now young adults, some of whom will now want and are able to attend matches. 

The club allowed the ST allocation to go to 27k (I think or thereabouts). When you discount away fans, and corporate tickets how many actual tickets are up for grabs for members match by match? Answer = not many. 

A few thousand tickets, and circa 40k members. 

On the old ticket exchange platform I had a trick I used, where I would have a browser extension monitor the match page for any changes, if a change happened it would ring a chime, I would quickly click on the page and nab the ticket if it was a stand/seat I wanted or if it was 2 together and I was going with someone else. If not, just rinse and repeat until I got what I wanted. 

This system of mine worked perfectly for the big games, where tickets were few and far between.

For the run of the mill games it wasn't required as there were always plenty of tickets available, although in those cases I would sometimes use the system to try and get tickets as close to the front or from a particular stand I wanted as possible (or 2 together as mentioned). 

Under the new system my trick doesn't work anymore, the only way now is to manually keep checking over and over again which is tiring and frustrating when you still can't get a ticket even doing that. Maybe there is still a way to get it to work, but I haven't bothered to look into it, plus the Club have added something where it blocks you out for several minutes if it feels you have clicked about the page too much. 

Plus I have noticed since the new system came in, even run of the mill games are hard to get tickets for. I think under the old system, a lot of people didn't realise there was a ticket exchange, but since they integrated it together with the main ticket platform (so it's all in one place) more people know of it now, which has meant run of the mill games are hard to get through there now as well. 

15 hours ago, Ham said:

Same here. My Dad opened my membership in Summer 2001 and I haven't renewed yet. Me and the Mrs have just bought our first house and our first baby on the way so priorities are changing.

The online rush for tickets didn't bother me personally, I found it a fun little game to be honest, the adrenaline rush of victory if you managed to get one!

I have a good deal with Virgin which includes both Sky Sports UHD and TNT Sports Ultimate to get the highest picture quality broadcasts (as does my Dad) and I use the unofficial streams for the 3pm/non-TV games. Monthly cost for my Virgin package (which includes internet) is roughly about what 1 ticket to a game would be. With the mortgage and baby on the way, it just makes sense to stick to the TV doesn't it. 

Plus for me the atmosphere is getting worse and worse every time, it's not the classic working class Londoner vibe I used to get from the crowd when my Dad first started taking me in the late 90s/early 00s. Just doesn't feel the same anymore, even for the big games. I know part of that is good, less trouble than the bad parts of the past (before my time) etc., but is just doesn't feel like the Chelsea crowd and atmosphere I grew up with it, it's a very different vibe. Which is fine, we have a wider demographic than we used to. 

What is frustrating from my part is my Dad had a Season Ticket in the 90s and early 00s, middle of East Upper front row. He gave it up when he started taking me. They were not the gold dust they are today he probably thought nothing of it, I suppose if he knew how it would become he would have kept it and bought me one too 🙂 !

On the bright side I have been there to see us lift all 5 major trophies, some of them multiple times. If following your team at the stadiums could be said to have a completion, then I am proud to say I have done it 🙂

Edited by CarefreeMuratcan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Ham said:

Yep. Same here. I have not renewed since Covid hit season, as it has just become virtually impossible to get a ticket.

Changing the time the tickets went on sale worked against me too. I would often be up early ready to travel to work pre Covid, so when they changed away from the 7am virtual ticket opening, it helped others and worked against me.

The long and short of all of this is we need a new stadium to be able to really take the club to the next level. In terms of revenue and actually giving fans more a chance to go to games.

Part of the problem is the Premier League is a world league that just so happens to be played in England!

5 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Time.

The fan base has grown at an astonishing rate since the mid to late 90s, with the Gullit, Vialli, Zola etc era then that accelerated when Roman took over and had success. If you think about it, all those kids who grew up and started supporting Chelsea in the late 90s and early 00s, are now young adults, some of whom will now want and are able to attend matches. 

The club allowed the ST allocation to go to 27k (I think or thereabouts). When you discount away fans, and corporate tickets how many actual tickets are up for grabs for members match by match? Answer = not many. 

A few thousand tickets, and circa 40k members. 

That’s a good point about those young fans from the late 90s onwards now being adults, I hadn’t really thought about that.

Right up until before lockdown in 2020 I could generally get a ticket to most games with my membership, there was the odd game I’d miss out on and of course away games could be tricky. But this last year or so seems to have got way harder.

One of the downsides to us match going fans.

4 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

On the old ticket exchange platform I had a trick I used, where I would have a browser extension monitor the match page for any changes, if a change happened it would ring a chime, I would quickly click on the page and nab the ticket if it was a stand/seat I wanted or if it was 2 together and I was going with someone else. If not, just rinse and repeat until I got what I wanted. 

This system of mine worked perfectly for the big games, where tickets were few and far between.

For the run of the mill games it wasn't required as there were always plenty of tickets available, although in those cases I would sometimes use the system to try and get tickets as close to the front or from a particular stand I wanted as possible (or 2 together as mentioned). 

Under the new system my trick doesn't work anymore, the only way now is to manually keep checking over and over again which is tiring and frustrating when you still can't get a ticket even doing that. Maybe there is still a way to get it to work, but I haven't bothered to look into it, plus the Club have added something where it blocks you out for several minutes if it feels you have clicked about the page too much. 

Plus I have noticed since the new system came in, even run of the mill games are hard to get tickets for. I think under the old system, a lot of people didn't realise there was a ticket exchange, but since they integrated it together with the main ticket platform (so it's all in one place) more people know of it now, which has meant run of the mill games are hard to get through there now as well. 

That’s a good use of a browser monitor, shame that no longer works as I’d start using that trick.

Seems getting into buy tickets when they first go on sale is the root problem, if you can grab one when the actually go on sale then of course you don’t have to worry about the ticket exchange. I sometimes have multiple devices with multiple browsers running trying to get in yet still no joy until about 40 minutes later when of course all the tickets are sold.

I always think to myself whilst watching those browsers that someone somewhere is getting in within the first few minutes and I’m sure they must be using some kind of trick to do it. The law of averages suggests that I would get it in early here or there but just doesn’t seem to happen.

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

My daughter and I have watched Chelsea for many years.  Even when Chelsea was in the lower leagues once upon a time and skint.

Then when Covid hit the company I have worked for 20 years closed . I could no longer (Not working) carry on paying for season tickets for us both .

It’s now impossible to get tickets.  I have lost all my points that I had pre covid!!!   Every game they sell out in two minutes, Online companies some how have 100s of tickets paired with hotels for £500. Why do Chelsea  sell tickets to companies to pair with Hotels,  rather than real fans who just want tickets a few beers and a burger. 

The crowd is now made up with 75% hospitality and people who don’t even support Chelsea just on holiday. Cannot sing and offer nothing to the team in the way of support. Ticket exchange every time I log in has one seat the same seat showing. Nothing else.

I am now not able to watch my chelsea with my daughter, cannot get tickets , cannot gain points,  and see companies selling a ticket for £500.  Less fans and more Holiday makers !!!!

• Like 2

Half don’t know the words to songs and when Chelsea Say they have 10,000 seats per game sold for meals hotels and other companies the math is correct .

Chelsea only have away support worth taking about now days . At home a small amount of away fans out sing home support  every game and that’s a fact 

• Like 1

On 24/01/2024 at 16:47, UKOX said:

My daughter and I have watched Chelsea for many years.  Even when Chelsea was in the lower leagues once upon a time and skint.

Then when Covid hit the company I have worked for 20 years closed . I could no longer (Not working) carry on paying for season tickets for us both .

It’s now impossible to get tickets.  I have lost all my points that I had pre covid!!!   Every game they sell out in two minutes, Online companies some how have 100s of tickets paired with hotels for £500. Why do Chelsea  sell tickets to companies to pair with Hotels,  rather than real fans who just want tickets a few beers and a burger. 

The crowd is now made up with 75% hospitality and people who don’t even support Chelsea just on holiday. Cannot sing and offer nothing to the team in the way of support. Ticket exchange every time I log in has one seat the same seat showing. Nothing else.

I am now not able to watch my chelsea with my daughter, cannot get tickets , cannot gain points,  and see companies selling a ticket for £500.  Less fans and more Holiday makers !!!!

There is definitely a big change on access to tickets even though we're doing crap now. With the old ticket exchange you could pretty much get a ticket for any game. Me and my mate have two season tickets and I've had one since the Matthew Harding stand first opened(were members before that) - my Dad transferred his to my mate about 15 years ago..  It's impossible now, even getting the crappy away tickets is so hard. I usually have to get them second hand.

I don't know if it's difficult because the new Chelsea fan has been bred from our success and social media or because the Americans are selling off the spares to corporate??

Shed lower and our circle is still fairly good atmosphere wise most games but, MHL is just gone now. Think there are too many day trippers in amongst the real fans(they think they'll go there to soak up the atmosphere). Newcastle and boro games got looks of 'wtf' are you doing whilst chanting over there. In the shed it is smaller and the core hasn't changed which is why I think it's still ok. It may only be 30 odd of us but, it sounds good and we always have a laugh.

• Like 1

On 25/01/2024 at 23:17, ShedMiddle said:

There is definitely a big change on access to tickets even though we're doing crap now. With the old ticket exchange you could pretty much get a ticket for any game. Me and my mate have two season tickets and I've had one since the Matthew Harding stand first opened(were members before that) - my Dad transferred his to my mate about 15 years ago..  It's impossible now, even getting the crappy away tickets is so hard. I usually have to get them second hand.

I don't know if it's difficult because the new Chelsea fan has been bred from our success and social media or because the Americans are selling off the spares to corporate??

Shed lower and our circle is still fairly good atmosphere wise most games but, MHL is just gone now. Think there are too many day trippers in amongst the real fans(they think they'll go there to soak up the atmosphere). Newcastle and boro games got looks of 'wtf' are you doing whilst chanting over there. In the shed it is smaller and the core hasn't changed which is why I think it's still ok. It may only be 30 odd of us but, it sounds good and we always have a laugh.

You make me want to try the Shed next time. I thought the standing section aspect was going to help, but it hasn't made a difference in the MHL. I hope the Club and us singing fans can solve this going forward. The biggest problem and I have said it for years, is that so many fans that want to sing are isolated islands amongst the waves of non-singing fans, if we could concentrate all of us together, then it would be much better for us and for those who don't want to sing likewise.

Re: The Exchange. I hate it since the change to the map view. Blocks show up as having a ticket available several minutes before the seat shows and both tickets and blocks show available for several minutes after they have been taken. Nightmare. I managed to get one for Sheffield United, must have been pure luck that I pressed view on the block at the exact moment the ticket was uploaded. I really miss the old list view. I had a trick on that where I would use a browser extension to monitor the page and it would play a chime when a new ticket became available,  guaranteed myself a ticket for any game I wanted.

• Like 1

The Ticket Exchange definitely has bots scraping it for tickets. I don't know if the new system is more susceptible to it, or if its just a coincidence that this kind of thing has increased alongside the new system.

Here is the proof, this piece of software is being sold on some dodgy website:
https://ticketbots.net/chelseafc-ticketexchange-spinner-bot

Explains why the ticket for Wolves that I posted at 11:58 today went at 11:59 .... I'm not complaining, mind, just relieved to know why this should be.

BTW, that site is no longer operational ...... wonder why?

TOCWS notified that "there is a website selling a bot which "allows you to reserve multiple tickets, you can do multiple searches simultaneously on one event or multiple events with just a click of a mouse. You can use it for drop checks as well as set them for presales and onsale events. It also has an option to allow you to set the bot to start at a specific time, while you are not there and the software will start at a time and grab the tickets and notify you, if the tickets match your criteria. The bot can be customized to meet your exact needs as well. In short, the bot grabs hundreds of tickets for multiple event simultaneously and let you choose cream tickets from them to buy with just a single click."

This is preventing lawful use of the Ticket Exchange, to the detriment of Chelsea fans. What are you doing to prevent it? And what happens to the ticket bought in this way? Touts? What?"

- End of message -

100:1 I get either no reply, or something anodyne. I'll keep you all posted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue Moon said:

TOCWS notified that "there is a website selling a bot which "allows you to reserve multiple tickets, you can do multiple searches simultaneously on one event or multiple events with just a click of a mouse. You can use it for drop checks as well as set them for presales and onsale events. It also has an option to allow you to set the bot to start at a specific time, while you are not there and the software will start at a time and grab the tickets and notify you, if the tickets match your criteria. The bot can be customized to meet your exact needs as well. In short, the bot grabs hundreds of tickets for multiple event simultaneously and let you choose cream tickets from them to buy with just a single click."

This is preventing lawful use of the Ticket Exchange, to the detriment of Chelsea fans. What are you doing to prevent it? And what happens to the ticket bought in this way? Touts? What?"

- End of message -

100:1 I get either no reply, or something anodyne. I'll keep you all posted.

Reply received from "Eric", thanking me for bringing this to their attention and asking for the website details "so we can investigate this further, as we are not seeing this behaviour online". Interesting ....

1 hour ago, Blue Moon said:

Reply received from "Eric", thanking me for bringing this to their attention and asking for the website details "so we can investigate this further, as we are not seeing this behaviour online". Interesting ....

Basically - We don’t give a dam

Decided 180 a pop for the west upper this weekend was a wee bit too much for a group of four.

Decided it would be better used as part of the payment for flight tickets for the grandkids to visit to visit us in Cyprus this summer.

• Agree 1

Not quite, this has now gone to their web security team. I've asked to be kept in the loop on behalf of CFCNET .... after all, it's potentially fraud.

Enjoy Cyprus - one of only two EU countries I've never visited...

33 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Basically - We don’t give a dam

Decided 180 a pop for the west upper this weekend was a wee bit too much for a group of four.

Decided it would be better used as part of the payment for flight tickets for the grandkids to visit to visit us in Cyprus this summer.

Have you got a flock out there?