Premier League

JaneB
Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Posted (edited)

Disgraceful tactics from City. The irony is that, in challenging this, they appear to be admitting to exaggerating the value of their "sponsorships*.  

They ask "Why shouldn't our sponsors choose how much to pay, even if it is over market value?"

In response, why would any sponsor want to pay more than market value?

In any case, the allegation was not that their sponsors wanted to pay more but less. City paid the majority of their main sponsorships from dodgy offshore accounts because the sponsors wouldn't. 

If the PL back down then they're not fit for purpose.  They'd clearly be shown to be protecting the billions they receive rather than fighting the good fight. 

Incidentally, I wonder where Chelsea sit here.... Clearly the other PL club that supports them would be the Geordies.  

Would we?

Edited by Ham

Posted (edited)

LFC's sponsor Standard Chartered is being investigated (again) for ignoring sanction rules and transferring money for companies financing terrorist organisations such as Hamas, Hezbollah, Taliban and so on. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch. 

Edited by Sciatika

2 hours ago, Ham said:

Disgraceful tactics from City. The irony is that, in challenging this, they appear to be admitting to exaggerating the value of their "sponsorships*.  

They ask "Why shouldn't our sponsors choose how much to pay, even if it is over market value?"

In response, why would any sponsor want to pay more than market value?

In any case, the allegation was not that their sponsors wanted to pay more but less. City paid the majority of their main sponsorships from dodgy offshore accounts because the sponsors wouldn't. 

If the PL back down then they're not fit for purpose.  They'd clearly be shown to be protecting the billions they receive rather than fighting the good fight. 

Incidentally, I wonder where Chelsea sit here.... Clearly the other PL club that supports them would be the Geordies.  

Would we?

I came here to pretty much say all of this as well.

If you’ve not broken the rules, why would you claim said rules to be so unfair? This is either Man City trying to delay the hearing or trying to force the PL to back down, or a bit of both.

As you say, all eyes now turn to the PL to see what they do next. Back down and the whole things falls apart and multiple clubs will look to take them to court.

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

LFC's sponsor Standard Chartered is being investigated (again) for ignoring sanction rules and transferring money for companies financing terrorist organisations such as Hamas, Hezbollah, Taliban and so on. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch. 

I presume the government will force Liverpool to change sponsors and take away the money they have received from them? I won’t hold my breath.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

If the rumors are true? Chelsea, Everton, Newcastle and Villa will be supporting City.😡 

There's also rumours about the remaining club making a request to join the football league and have City and the others banne from joining a move which would effectively see the end of Chelsea, City, Everton and Villa existence as clubs. 

I have to be honest and consistent with my opinions about City, so if we do support them then I would no longer care if the club did end up folding. City haven't just been a bit naughty and  bent the rules like we, Everton and Forrest and other clubs have done over the years.  They have chewed them up and spat in the face of them year after year after year. Any club supporting those cheating c***s deserves everything that's coming to them!

1 minute ago, boratsbrother said:

If the rumors are true? Chelsea, Everton, Newcastle and Villa will be supporting City.😡 

There's also rumours about the remaining club making a request to join the football league and have City and the others banne from joining a move which would effectively see the end of Chelsea, City, Everton and Villa existence as clubs. 

I have to be honest and consistent with my opinions about City, so if we do support them then I would no longer care if the club did end up folding. City haven't just been a bit naughty and  bent the rules like we, Everton and Forrest and other clubs have done over the years.  They have chewed them up and spat in the face of them year after year after year. Any club supporting those cheating c***s deserves everything that's coming to them!

Its two different issues.

City are taking the Premier League to court over their random spending constraints where someone at the Premier League desperate to stop another Premier League club winding up , like all those others that haven't , pulled a random number from out of their backsides which instead of protecting clubs has instead meant clubs like us and Newcastle will have to sell players to comply with a number with no relation to the sustainability of the club . 

Selling Gallagher to make the cut - blame the Premier League .

That's what we are "rumoured" to be supporting , not the 115 charges .  And so far there is absolutely no proof we are supporting it , rather than the media writing once more what they want to be happening , instead of reporting the news , just so they can crowbar our name into another negative article .

Maybe all the other clubs can get together and get Liverpool out to stop their supporters murdering everyone? 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Its two different issues.

City are taking the Premier League to court over their random spending constraints where someone at the Premier League desperate to stop another Premier League club winding up , like all those others that haven't , pulled a random number from out of their backsides which instead of protecting clubs has instead meant clubs like us and Newcastle will have to sell players to comply with a number with no relation to the sustainability of the club . 

Selling Gallagher to make the cut - blame the Premier League .

That's what we are "rumoured" to be supporting , not the 115 charges .  And so far there is absolutely no proof we are supporting it , rather than the media writing once more what they want to be happening , instead of reporting the news , just so they can crowbar our name into another negative article .

Maybe all the other clubs can get together and get Liverpool out to stop their supporters murdering everyone? 

I'm well aware about what this case is about.

It doesn't change my opinion about us  siding with that dispicable club and putting us in danger of being ostracized from the rest of football. 

As for the Liverpool fans being murders. As much as I strongly dislike many of them for being  sactamonious hypocrites, they didn't actually set out to kill anyone on that tragic nigjt. Responsible for the deaths of the Juve fans most definitely, but it's a step too far to say they are murderers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boratsbrother said:

I'm well aware about what this case is about.

It doesn't change my opinion about us  siding with that dispicable club and putting us in danger of being ostracized from the rest of football. 

As for the Liverpool fans being murders. As much as I strongly dislike many of them for being  sactamonious hypocrites, they didn't actually set out to kill anyone on that tragic nigjt. Responsible for the deaths of the Juve fans most definitely, but it's a step too far to say they are murderers.

The Premier league are going to destroy football in this country through rules that haven't been thought out properly and are being administered poorly.

We sell Gallagher on 30th June and we're golden , we sell him on 1st of July and we get a points deduction.  We as a club aren't going to go under so who are they saving us from?

What bright spark decided that an accounting system would need to be settled before the closing of the window that enables clubs to balance the books?

Personally I'm against that and think we should be too regardless of whether we disagree with the other points of not. 

They carry on  as they are and you'll be watching us playing in the European super league provided you can stomach winning football.

42 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

The Premier league are going to destroy football in this country through rules that haven't been thought out properly and are being administered poorly.

We sell Gallagher on 30th June and we're golden , we sell him on 1st of July and we get a points deduction.  We as a club aren't going to go under so who are they saving us from?

What bright spark decided that an accounting system would need to be settled before the closing of the window that enables clubs to balance the books?

Personally I'm against that and think we should be too regardless of whether we disagree with the other points of not. 

They carry on  as they are and you'll be watching us playing in the European super league provided you can stomach winning football.

The rules are there for every club to abide by and it's no coincidence that all the well run clubs do abide by them without any complaints.

The fact that we might need to sell a player by a certain date is the fault of our owners reckless spending, not the bosses of the EPL!

As for us possibly ending up playing in a European Super League. Against who I might ask?  If the other clubs break away from Chelsea, City, Villa and Everton,  there'd be a cat in hell's chance of any of the top European wanting to be in a competition with the above four clubs rather than the likes of Utd and Liverpool.

Make no mistake about it. If we are cast aside from the rest of the English football Chelsea FC will cease to exist.

8 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

The rules are there for every club to abide by and it's no coincidence that all the well run clubs do abide by them without any complaints.

The fact that we might need to sell a player by a certain date is the fault of our owners reckless spending, not the bosses of the EPL!

As for us possibly ending up playing in a European Super League. Against who I might ask?  If the other clubs break away from Chelsea, City, Villa and Everton,  there'd be a cat in hell's chance of any of the top European wanting to be in a competition with the above four clubs rather than the likes of Utd and Liverpool.

Make no mistake about it. If we are cast aside from the rest of the English football Chelsea FC will cease to exist.

Cast aside ? 

Remind me again , where were all these clubs rallying around us when we were thrust into administration by a corrupt government ? 

Who stood up for us then? 

Where were they? 

"If the other clubs break away from Chelsea, City, Villa and Everton"????  

Where are you getting that information ? The same place that told you Pochettino was a good coach?

• Like 2

Oh not that **** again😡

Roman didn't get everything right by any means, but he was here mainly because he just wanted to be a part of a big football club and enjoy what came with that.

The Americans are here purely to make money while the Arabs are here to sportswash. A pox on the game and imho the game would be much better off without those types of owners!

• Like 2

EPL games played elsewhere..............

What a load of, my new word, "wankery..... apologies to the mods and in future I will use an "abbreviation" but for the minute I beg your indulgence to establish the term!

Playing an important EPL game on a "neutral" pitch after long journey..and the return,,is complete lunacy and shows just how devoid of perception regarding the game the "outsiders" have,

A Dead Rubber game would be pointless between two comfortable mid table sides and as likely as not fail to give a good PR result...a top game with a title bearing result would be an insult to the real fans of any club and a false statement of the Title Race... ... An away win for a challenger at a fellow chaser is a marker...a win in Chicago is an alien concept.

I would love to see Chelsea playing in Denver ,,say Chelsea V The Arse (choose you own match up) a Chelsea victory would be great but it would not be the same as for instance the same result at The Emirates..and who would decide whether it would count as the home leg for which side?

I've no doubt fans of both clubs over here would love to see it but no way the real atmosphere ..and historic importance of the match and result,,,would be replicated.

Absolute W**n***y.🗽🗡️🪓

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

I think Liverpool FC should move to the US and join MLS.

To repeat  a previous deep comment I made regarding "someone",,,I wish they would just F*** O**! 

3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'm sure by the time it transpires it'll be our fault. 

Exclusive: How Chelsea's American owners subliminally influenced Liverpool's American owners to push for Premier league fixtures to be played in America.

• Haha 4

49 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

I watched a bit of SoccerAid yesterday. The SB pitch reminded me of the beaches we used to have in the 80s. It's nice to see Joe Cole, Essien, Hazard, SFL, Cech, Ash, and Gary Cahill. Unfortunately, Mikel did a hamstring in training and so could not appear. Ultimately, the winners, England this year, were awarded a trophy. The actual trophy, of course, was collecting £15m for UNICEF. It's nice to know that Danny Dyer, Tom Hiddleston and Paddy McGuinness have more football trophies this season than Arsenal or Spurs. :classic_laugh:

Also interesting to see Paddy McGuinness is a better goal keeper than the hapless David James who must be covid immune as he literally couldn't catch a cold. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sciatika said:

I watched a bit of SoccerAid yesterday. The SB pitch reminded me of the beaches we used to have in the 80s. It's nice to see Joe Cole, Essien, Hazard, SFL, Cech, Ash, and Gary Cahill. Unfortunately, Mikel did a hamstring in training and so could not appear. Ultimately, the winners, England this year, were awarded a trophy. The actual trophy, of course, was collecting £15m for UNICEF. It's nice to know that Danny Dyer, Tom Hiddleston and Paddy McGuinness have more football trophies this season than Arsenal or Spurs. :classic_laugh:

Yes, I can remember a game - I think it was the last game before the pitch got it's (then) usual relaying at around December/January time in the late 90's/early 00's - It was against Charlton, we won but Charlton appealed to the PL/FA about the pitch claiming it gave us an advantage. Only if we'd have been training on Bournemouth beach, there wasn't a blade of grass showing that day.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

It was January 2003  - I was in the East upper, and recall wondering whether Uncle Ken would be doing donkey rides at half time. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Blue Moon said:

It was January 2003  - I was in the East upper, and recall wondering whether Uncle Ken would be doing donkey rides at half time. 

Jeez, was it that late! I had tickets in the East Middle and it looked just like a beach with line on.

1 hour ago, east lower said:

Jeez, was it that late! I had tickets in the East Middle and it looked just like a beach with line on.

East Middle? You're coming down in the world, @east lower ... 😉

Edited by Blue Moon
  • Haha 1