Premier League

JaneB
Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

• 3 weeks later...

I would love to go back to the CHO and match day threads on the old site to see how much revisionism there has been. 

He got absolutely pelters from all angles (I defended him to the end). 

3 hours ago, chara said:

Injuries finished him at Chelsea...such a shame,,,hope he stays fit and has a long successful career.

Seeing Liverpool lose is all that counts mate the amount of scousers suggesting slot is gonna be a better coach than klopp already!

Just now, NFAS said:

Seeing Liverpool lose is all that counts mate the amount of scousers suggesting slot is gonna be a better coach than klopp already!

Yep..day started well with that and for me Citeh winning...not as a fan but another step higher for the Arse to climb,,,then three points from an abysmal game away..take that any day against a valiant defeat!

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, Ham said:

I would love to go back to the CHO and match day threads on the old site to see how much revisionism there has been. 

He got absolutely pelters from all angles (I defended him to the end). 

Try this, @Ham … https://web.archive.org/web/20200928204438/http://forums.cfcnet.co.uk/topic/57475-west-bromwich-albion-3-chelsea-3/

1 hour ago, Blue Moon said:

Cheers.  Very interesting. 

Blue Rod and Ghost going at it and posts about excessive negativity before the game, 3 games into the season where we went on to win the CL. 

Edited by Ham

28 minutes ago, Ham said:

Cheers.  Very interesting. 

Blue Rod and Ghost going at it and posts about excessive negativity before the game, 3 games into the season where we went on to win the CL. 

From memory Blue Rod was being referred to as Red Rod fairly swiftly. 

On 24/09/2024 at 02:59, xceleryx said:

Rodri out for the season by the looks, huge blow for Man City. 

Their record without him isn't particularly strong, so will be interesting to see how they fair. 

I think they're going to the market in January and for more than a Rodri backup.  

They might need to do some serious strengthening before any punishments come their way.  And it feels like they haven't really added to or replaced any of their outgoings for a while. 

Despite their strength, it does feel like they don't have the depth they had before - if Haaland gets injured, do they have another striker that could come in now Alvarez is gone? Another key player picking up an injury could really be significant for them this season

21 hours ago, east lower said:

Just seen Mount coming on as a first-half substitute for Man Utd, looks overweight and unfit. 

Booked within 5 minutes of being on the pitch.

I can't see him staying at Man United beyond this season, I think they'll try and move him on unless a new manager comes in and his fortunes change (Tuchel could be there next and that may be a good thing for Mount).

I think he'll end up going to a mid-table PL side (I know that's what United are right now) to try and get some decent game time and get his career back on track. I could see him at Fulham, to be back closer to home or Brentford maybe.

I don't like how he left, although I'm sure we don't know the full story, but it's quite the drop off he has had since that CL win.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I can't see him staying at Man United beyond this season, I think they'll try and move him on unless a new manager comes in and his fortunes change (Tuchel could be there next and that may be a good thing for Mount).

I think he'll end up going to a mid-table PL side (I know that's what United are right now) to try and get some decent game time and get his career back on track. I could see him at Fulham, to be back closer to home or Brentford maybe.

I don't like how he left, although I'm sure we don't know the full story, but it's quite the drop off he has had since that CL win.

Was as ineffective as the other Man Utd players yesterday, if not more so.

He looked a yard slower on the pitch and in his mind yesterday. A salutary lesson for others, perhaps - if their minds wander and think that a fatter pay packet is all that counts?

• Like 1

His performances during his last 12-18 months here were up and down to say the least, and he's been a downright disaster at Man Utd since joining. Throw in his piss weak "goodbye video" and the "feels like home" crap with his old man, there's no real sympathy on my end.

United have spent £600m+ since ETH joined and they're an absolute shambles of a club void of any real direction or structure. Long may it carry on.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

19 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

He's rumoured to be on £13m a year. Even if that is a gross over estimation, he'll still be on wages well beyond the reach of all but 6 or 7 PL clubs. If he goes anywhere, I can't see it being permanently. 

In a minority I know, but I feel for him. Whatever happened with this ownership, even a best case reading suggests we messed him about a bit (and he may well have responded in kind), and then can't help but think the move not going to plan has really hit his confidence. 

But United are an absolute mess. I think they've spent heavily on some rubbish, but there are better players there than performances have suggested. I can't see how they get out if it any time soon, though. Ten Hag will have to go soon and can't see who they can get in other than leaving Van Nistelrooy in temporary charge for the season.

3 hours ago, Sciatika said:

Bruno Fernandes seems quite keen to get sent off. They usually wait until just before the Xmas holidays. 

He's a rancid little git isn't he.  Perpetually whingeing and whining.  

• Agree 3