Chelsea 0 Liverpool 0

JaneB

1 minute ago, thevelourfog said:

What was the chant? The "sign on" one? It's the only one I heard. I think it's pathetic and nasty, but I don't know it's quite one to apologise for. 

I don't know, it didn't specify.  I thought it was probably about Hillsborough, but if not, then I agree, it's hardly anything to apologise for in such a formal way.  But then this is Liverpool we are talking about.

• Agree 1

Just now, JaneB said:

I don't know, it didn't specify.  I thought it was probably about Hillsborough, but if not, then I agree, it's hardly anything to apologise for in such a formal way.  But then this is Liverpool we are talking about.

I'm sure there would have been some singing about Hillsborough, always is. Definitely not enough people to hear from the East Upper, though. 

26 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

What was the chant? The "sign on" one? It's the only one I heard. I think it's pathetic and nasty, but I don't know it's quite one to apologise for. 

Murderers. Repeated several times. And eff off to your Liverpool slums. Ditto. Time will come when we have to sing “we love you yeh yeh yeh”.

39 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I'm sure there would have been some singing about Hillsborough, always is. Definitely not enough people to hear from the East Upper, though. 

Perhaps they thought it was us singing Chelsea R**t B**s for about 15 minutes of the 20 minute walk back to the car. 

However as soon as a policeman/women was visible it stopped. No apology from Liverpool yet?

1 hour ago, JaneB said:

59 minutes ago, JaneB said:

58 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

It was the "murderers" chant. The Athletic running with a headline about us mocking Hillsborough.  

No you brainwashed pricks, it's about Heysel!!!!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Two needless substitutions weakened us again , Kante for Gallagher was toilet and so was Sterling for Felix when it should have been Havertz .

Kante was never going to see out 90 minutes, and it would've been reckless to do. The fact he even started was a gamble in itself given he only got through 33 minutes in his return game 3 days ago. Playing 69 minutes was more than enough without trying to push the envelope. 

Agree however that Sterling should've replaced Havertz, the latter being cheeks. 

Game went largely as I expected. Two struggling sides, with Liverpool's more open play style providing spaces to be exploited that we benefited from but couldn't take advantage of. 

Liked the 3 in midfield as a concept, it's just hard to extract much from it when there's nothing complimentary about the options we've got on hand to play in there. Enzo absolutely wasted being the deepest of the three, with Kante and Kovacic both rather toothless in the attacking third and not the players we really want trying orchestrate attacking phases. 

Felix clearly has the talent and skillset, just lacks the end product and not really suited as someone to spearhead an attack. For the right price I think he's worth hanging onto though. The less said about Havertz the better, feeble on the ball and so fxcking slow when in possession. While I think he can be a decent squad type player, I do wonder if we'll cash in on him in the summer should Bayern come calling. 

Thought Cucurella, Koulibaly and Fofana were all solid for the most part, as was Kepa who didn't have a whole lot to do. With RJ much better at RWB, although Chilly didn't quite reproduce the effort he showcased vs Villa. 

Better than a loss, but we're a mile away from being a serviceable side.

I wasn't able to watch the game live but I've watched the replay.

I thought we looked a bit more cohesive in this game,except for Havertz and Cuckoo.

Honestly Cucerlla's positioning is awful.He was running about the pitch like a mad man with no discipline,and what makes him standout is that flailing windsock of a hairstyle he has.

Havertz  looks like a bollard on a race track..honestly this guy does nothing most of the time.

Oh well,  the sacking of Potter has got me interested again - onwards and hopefully upwards.

Liverpool were absolutely dreadful.

Where did it all go wrong for them? and will they sack Klopp?

Not our problem of course,but they are as bad as us.

The difference is we've spent 600 million on players.

I honestly think we have vastly superior players that will come good depending on the next manager.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Holymoly said:

Havertz anywhere near the squad.

Rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat - the comment might have some substance if Havertz and the rest of the squad had been coached for the past seven months. 

27 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Funny thing is we have so much talent out there. How are we languishing in 11th. 

Un-coached squad for 7 months, including last night.

Edited by ROTG
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Super Kenny Monkou said:

And that is about it!

Not quite.

More positivity:

Kante is back - and strong, and fit.

We were pretty solid at the back - Cucurella surprise 🙂

James good.

Enzo dominated, right?

Felix on top - yes, we should continue that experiment!

We had two goals - disallowed, but played goals; one marginal offside and one unlucky touching his arm.

Liverpool didn't even come that close.

I'm pretty satisfied - and I almost forgot, Potter is out! 🙂

38 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Funny thing is we have so much talent out there. How are we languishing in 11th. 

We have a lot of talent that doesn't mesh well for one, but it's also been mismanaged on top. 

The result is what we see. 

• Sad 1